Review: could Ursodiol cause Constipation?
Summary: Constipation is found among people who take Ursodiol, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Omeprazole, and have Insulin-like growth factor decreased.
We study 3,367 people who have side effects while taking Ursodiol from FDA and social media. Among them, 21 have Constipation. Find out below who they are, when they have Constipation and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Ursodiol and have Constipation >>>
Ursodiol has active ingredients of ursodiol. It is often used in biliary cirrhosis primary. (latest outcomes from 3,438 Ursodiol users)
Constipation has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 81,512 Constipation patients)
On Apr, 27, 2015: 3,367 people reported to have side effects when taking Ursodiol. Among them, 21 people (0.62%) have Constipation.
Time on Ursodiol when people have Constipation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Constipation when taking Ursodiol * :
Age of people who have Constipation when taking Ursodiol * :
Severity of Constipation when taking Ursodiol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Constipation ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Insulin-like growth factor decreased (4 people, 19.05%)
- Osteoporosis (4 people, 19.05%)
- Liver disorder (2 people, 9.52%)
- Constipation (2 people, 9.52%)
- Pain (2 people, 9.52%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Omeprazole (9 people, 42.86%)
- Glipizide (5 people, 23.81%)
- Hydrocortisone sodium succinate (5 people, 23.81%)
- Folic acid (5 people, 23.81%)
- Thymoglobulin (5 people, 23.81%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Ursodiol and constipation on
Do you have Constipation while taking Ursodiol?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Ursodiol and have Constipation
- support group for people who take Ursodiol
- support group for people who have Constipation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Phentermine, Vesicare, Depo-provera for a 20-year old woman with Weight Gain - Unintentional, Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Endometriosis. The patient has Constipation
- A study of drug interactions between Miralax, Meloxicam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Atenolol And Chlorthalidone for a 54-year old woman with Constipation, Osteoarthritis, Depression, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Constipation, Weight Gain
Recent Ursodiol related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.