Review: could Ursodiol cause Uti (Urinary tract infection)?
Summary: Uti is found among people who take Ursodiol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Pain.
We study 3,366 people who have side effects while taking Ursodiol from FDA and social media. Among them, 40 have Uti. Find out below who they are, when they have Uti and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Ursodiol and have Uti >>>
Ursodiol has active ingredients of ursodiol. It is often used in biliary cirrhosis primary. (latest outcomes from Ursodiol 3,437 users)
Uti (urinary tract infection) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain.(latest reports from Uti 64,558 patients)
On Dec, 6, 2014: 3,366 people reported to have side effects when taking Ursodiol. Among them, 39 people (1.16%) have Uti.
Time on Ursodiol when people have Uti * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Uti when taking Ursodiol * :
Age of people who have Uti when taking Ursodiol * :
Severity of Uti when taking Ursodiol ** :
How people recovered from Uti ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (7 people, 17.95%)
- Colitis ulcerative (4 people, 10.26%)
- Vomiting (4 people, 10.26%)
- Nausea (4 people, 10.26%)
- Diabetes mellitus (3 people, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (15 people, 38.46%)
- Morphine (15 people, 38.46%)
- Lasix (14 people, 35.90%)
- Folic acid (14 people, 35.90%)
- Acetaminophen (13 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Uti while taking Ursodiol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Ursodiol and have Uti
- support group for people who take Ursodiol
- support group for people who have Uti
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Ursodiol, Uti
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Urinary track infection and bydureon
After 7 weeks of nausea vomiting and diarrhea I got a uti that was hard to get rid of. I also have an inflammation of sacaril nerve. Have had antibiotics and steroids. It is still hurting after 2 months.Don't know if this is connected but is a fact.
- I have twice developed a uti after injection of prolia
I have taken Prolia for 2 years..4 injections. After the last 2 injections within 2 weeks I developed severe cystitis and had to go on course of antibiotics. I am fearful of continuing this medication as the last infection caused me to be treated at the emergency room.
- Flagyl and hair loss
I was miserable already but the side effects of this medicine only compounded it. I have had severe diarrhea, stomach cramps, nausea, a horrible metallic taste in my mouth and worst of all I have patches of hair that have completely fallen out!! I am horrified that this medicine is even prescribed to people if these side effects are profound. I will be calling my dr for a new antibiotic, and I will NEVER take this "medicine" again!
- Temporary amnesia from uti
I developed a Urinary Tract Infection which caused sudden severe pain and temporary amnesia for about 5 hours. I am going to start a Candida diet and stop eating all sugars and yeast. This can take a long period of time but as I am 60 years old and have been eating sugar for most of my life, it won't happen overnight. The only medication that I take is Cipramil for Fibromyalgia. I suffer quite badly from Irritable Bowel Syndrome and must not have caffeine, dairy, or wheat. If I do, I pay the price. Sugar causes blisters in my mouth,and blisters under my breasts and armpits. If I don't have sugar, these symptoms go away. So after the amnesia episode, I will work harder at making myself healthy again.
More reviews for: Ursodiol, Uti
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- The nausea is persistent and debilitating as is the fatigue. Nothing relieves the nausea. I was transplanted for esld Chronic Hep B but developed de novo autoimmune hepatitis with a touch of graft v. host disease.
The emotional troubles became extremely exacerbated post-transplant.
3 yrs pos ...
- I have been experiencing reoccurring UTI's and now have symptoms of acid reflux. I started taking Savella about 2 years ago. So I am trying to determine if these symptoms could be being caused by the medications.
- I can't seem to overcome the dry mouth. I have tried rinses,and certain toothpaste and rinses,sugarless candies.Only thing that is helpful at all is sugarless gum. It is from the morning I wake up to going to bed,just so hard to get saliva and swallow
- The autoimmune hepatitis is de novo. Approx. 2 yrs after transplant, ALT and AST went from 40 or 50 to 400 and 500 in 1 mo. Drs. tested (Ultrasound/liver biopsy/arteriogram) thinking it was hepatic veno-occlusion or vasculitis. 2 yrs after tx, my liver is almost entirely cirrhotic. Experienced ma ...
- Besides 2 -500 mg each of Ursodial , I take Vit.D(1000), one multi-Vit.,one calcium(500),one omega 3, and 2 Senecot.
About 6 months ago start putting on a lot of weight in tummy -waist area. I have gained 15 ibs so far , and it seems whatever I eat goes into weight. I live mostly on chicken(whit ...
More related studies for: Ursodiol, Uti
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.