Ursodiol and Vitreous detachment - from FDA reports
Vitreous detachment is reported only by a few people who take Ursodiol. We study 5,130 people who have side effects while taking Ursodiol from FDA. Among them, 2 have Vitreous detachment. Find out below who they are, when they have Vitreous detachment and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 23, 2017
5,130 people reported to have side effects when taking Ursodiol.
Among them, 2 people (0.04%) have Vitreous detachment
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Vitreous detachment when taking Ursodiol *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Vitreous detachment when taking Ursodiol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Crohn's Disease (1 person, 50.00%)
- Cholangitis Sclerosing (1 person, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Ranitidine (1 person, 50.00%)
- Miacalcin (1 person, 50.00%)
- Lorazepam (1 person, 50.00%)
- Humira (1 person, 50.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Vitreous Floaters (1 person, 50.00%)
- Vision Blurred (1 person, 50.00%)
- Lenticular Opacities (1 person, 50.00%)
- Conjunctivitis (1 person, 50.00%)
- Abnormal Sensation In Eye (1 person, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Vitreous detachment when taking Ursodiol?
- Check symptoms - is vitreous detachment caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsVitreous detachment and drugs with ingredients of ursodiol.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeVitreous detachment and Ursodiol from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Ursodiol has active ingredients of ursodiol. It is often used in biliary cirrhosis primary. (latest outcomes from Ursodiol 5,285 users)
Vitreous detachment (condition of the eye in which the vitreous humour separates from the retina) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, erection problems, age-related macular degeneration, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 1,602 Vitreous detachment patients).
Browse all side effects of Ursodiola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Vitreous detachmentVitreous detachment
Could your condition cause Vitreous detachmentVitreous detachment
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
I just found out this week that I have PBC. My GI doctor put me on Ursodiol - two 250mg tabs twice per day. I am a daily user of marijuana before this diagnoses. I really don't want to give up the herb because it helps me naturally with so many other smaller aches and pains. Any advice would be ...
I have been on Propranolol 80mgER for 20 years and have had a vitreous detachment that appears to be worsening. I will be seeing my Opthamologist next week but, just wanted to ask if this is common. Thanks.
My father is suffering from acute pancreatitis in the hospital now. He is extremely confused and weak. Elevated liver enzymes and ammonia. He used to take ursodil- wonder if there is a connection. He is not an alcoholic, occasional drinker. Very worried about his deterioration. Doctors ...