Review: could Vagifem cause Hair loss?
Summary: Hair loss is found among people who take Vagifem, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Synthroid, and have Hepatitis c.
We study 1,416 people who have side effects while taking Vagifem from FDA and social media. Among them, 13 have Hair loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Hair loss and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Vagifem and have Hair loss >>>
Vagifem has active ingredients of estradiol. It is often used in vulvovaginal dryness. (latest outcomes from Vagifem 1,501 users)
Hair loss has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression.(latest reports from Hair loss 41,549 patients)
On Dec, 13, 2014: 1,416 people reported to have side effects when taking Vagifem. Among them, 13 people (0.92%) have Hair Loss.
Time on Vagifem when people have Hair loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hair loss||25.00%||75.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Hair loss when taking Vagifem * :
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||66.67% |
Severity of Hair loss when taking Vagifem ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hair loss||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Hair loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hepatitis c (2 people, 15.38%)
- Osteoporosis (1 people, 7.69%)
- Vulvovaginal dryness (1 people, 7.69%)
- Atrial fibrillation (1 people, 7.69%)
- Hypothyroidism (1 people, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Synthroid (3 people, 23.08%)
- Valium (2 people, 15.38%)
- Singulair (2 people, 15.38%)
- Premarin (2 people, 15.38%)
- Peg-intron (2 people, 15.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hair Loss while taking Vagifem?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Vagifem and have Hair Loss
- support group for people who take Vagifem
- support group for people who have Hair Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- If you stop taking oxcarbazepine will your hair grow back?
has been getting thinner on top and now there's a little bald spot it just seems like the last month and a half maybe that I've noticed that my hair has been getting thinner on top and now there's a little bald spot where its really thin and you can see the scalp and he increased my dosage by 600 milligrams
- What can i do to grow hair back. i've been taking fluticasone propionate for altmost 1 year and 6 months, now i've stopped using it, but i lost hair in frontal region and i want to regrow it.
What can i do to grow hair back. i've been taking Fluticasone propionate for altmost 1 year and 6 months, now I've stopped using it, but I lost hair in frontal region and I want to regrow it.
- What can i do to grow hair back. i've been taking xanax. i understand it has caused my hair loss. i once had very thick hair. now i'm almost bald. i'm stopping the xanax. now what??
How can I get my hair to grow back if I stop xanax
- I cannot get a direct answer from any of my drs.,is my sciatic pain caused by my interstitail cystitus? (1 answer)
I have had interstitail cystitus for almost four years now.I have been on every kind of drug,other than pain pills.I will not take them,I don't believe in them they only mask the problem and cause addiction.of course,just my belief.I have had d.s.m.o. repetitively for first year and a half twice a week.I have tried physical therapy .I have had five hydrodistention.I just recently had my first hydrodistention with botox injections.nothing has kept me out of pain .even when I am doing good I can only seem to reach a six in my pain level.my frequency average is and has been 30-40Times a day.I am,or,was a chef kitchen manager.could not perform and lost two jobs because of this disease.my flanks,my lower back ,my legs,my arms all ways in pain.pelvic pain is constant.I'd rather not go into further details way too personal.but this has taken my life.I am 35.I have led a fairly healthy life.I have no life now.I am seeking disability .Every Dr. I go to has a different option about the sciatic part of my problem some Dr.s are very sure and as a matter of fact about how it is in conjunction with I.c..others look at me like I'm nuts?why do I limp?why can't I get in and out of a car,or bend down and touch my toes,pick heavy stuff up.just to laugh at times hurts.this is my life ,I gotta wonder ,is there any one else out there going through the same symptoms and no relief?
- Timing of taking wellbutrin xl 300 with diovan 80
I take levoxyl when waking up. After eating breakfast usually I take wellbutrin, diovan, and vitamin d together. If taking adderall, I would take at this time. Sometimes red yeast rice in morning, sometimes later in the day. Estradiol is taken before bed. Is it OK to take wellbutrin and diovan together or should they be spaced separately in the day?
More questions for: Vagifem, Hair loss
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing significant hair thinning at the second month of treatments (50 mg once per week). My Rhuematologist suggested 800 mcg of folic acid. I am still losing hair although I am feeling so much better.
- Hair loss with metformin hydrochloride usage
I have been taking the drug Metformin Hydrochloride for about 5 months and definitely find that I am losing hair which is a problem I have never experienced. Always had the healthiest hair, no problems. Well, I am finding that I am losing lair significantly and feel that the manufacturer of this drug should post that this is a side effect as so many have been complaining of the same side effect. I also began having problems with my teeth and always prided myself of having great teeth with no problems. I also understand that if there is a deficiency of Vitamin B12 that this together with taking this drug can cause these issues of hair loss and mouth/teeth problems. Again; I feel this should be totally and more readily informed to anyone taking this drug. I don't feel that anyone should have to give up things important to them to maintain a healthy way of living...I am going to see my physician and discuss what other options that may exist as I am not feeling very comfortable with this drug and the side effects I am experiencing.
- Double vision on levothyroxine
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Levothyrixine and have increased as my dose has been increased.
- Depo provera overdose
Dr acidentially gave me something like 9 times the normal dose of depo provera. My life has been miserable! I have fought excessive weight gain, infertility, severe cellulite, and acne for 20 years.
- Hair loss on this drug
i began this drug a week and two days now. after the fourth day i saw hair loss, my sister said you have a dry patch in your hair and i went home and brushed my hair there was no much hair loss and a few bald patches about the size of fists at the back of my head. There was no way to hide them, earlier I had cut down the back of my hair to a low fade but with some new growth, i looked like i had some skin problem. What do you do when you have to take the medications to survive? I also have the feeling of depression, I kept crying and I am normally a strong person, who it takes alot to make me break down, when I think of my hair loss i just burst in to a ball of tears, just to tell someone about my hair loss, tears.....I've always have been known for keeping my hair done I went out and got a wig and I know this won't make me feel any better.........i will always be saying don't let me get caught by the wind, rain or any of the elements......
More reviews for: Vagifem, Hair loss
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- *I have noticed breakage of hair.Trying to use coconut and olive oil for hair.Not used on scalp.
*I first noticed thinning after using selenium face wash.I was told I could use it on my scalp. But I looked online and saw that it could cause hairloss. I quit using it after a few tries on my face ...
- I have just started on Orencia this month but was was taken off of Cimzia as it was no longer effective. I have noticed over the last year that 2/3 of my hair has thinned to very little.. thin and weak.
- Had bouts of insomnia, digesting certain foods, I dealt with all of this including the hair loss.. Which I am grateful didn't last longer then two months( my hair was just falling out in clumps during that time)..my concerns now are the styes that I have been getting over the course of the past two ...
- I took Estrogel for approximately 6 months to a year to alleviate dryness and itchiness and it worked great. About 4 months ago, my vision took a bit hit with a lot of blurriness so I quit taking it. We have moved to Costa Rica to retire and in the physical to apply for health insurance my urinal ...
- Patient has been declining after increased marijuana usage. Graves disease like symptoms with weight loss, bulging eyes, mood disorder, lethargic, and loss of appetite. Increased depression and dependency on substances has drastically changed. Appearance and facial structures are predominate.
More related studies for: Vagifem, Hair loss
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.