Review: could Vagifem cause Spotting (Vaginal bleeding between periods)?
Summary: Spotting is found among people who take Vagifem, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Toprol-xl, and have Hypertension.
We study 1,416 people who have side effects while taking Vagifem from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have Spotting. Find out below who they are, when they have Spotting and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Vagifem and have Spotting >>>
Vagifem has active ingredients of estradiol. It is often used in vulvovaginal dryness. (latest outcomes from Vagifem 1,501 users)
Spotting (bleed during pregnancy) has been reported by people with birth control, menorrhagia, depression, endometriosis, menstruation irregular.(latest reports from Spotting 14,010 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 1,416 people reported to have side effects when taking Vagifem. Among them, 7 people (0.49%) have Spotting.
Time on Vagifem when people have Spotting * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Spotting when taking Vagifem * :
Severity of Spotting when taking Vagifem ** :
How people recovered from Spotting ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (2 people, 28.57%)
- Hormone replacement therapy (2 people, 28.57%)
- Multiple allergies (2 people, 28.57%)
- Vaginitis atrophic (2 people, 28.57%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (2 people, 28.57%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Toprol-xl (4 people, 57.14%)
- Plavix (2 people, 28.57%)
- Lisinopril (2 people, 28.57%)
- Crestor (2 people, 28.57%)
- Ranitidine hcl (2 people, 28.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Spotting while taking Vagifem?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Vagifem and have Spotting
- support group for people who take Vagifem
- support group for people who have Spotting
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I cannot get a direct answer from any of my drs.,is my sciatic pain caused by my interstitail cystitus? (1 answer)
I have had interstitail cystitus for almost four years now.I have been on every kind of drug,other than pain pills.I will not take them,I don't believe in them they only mask the problem and cause addiction.of course,just my belief.I have had d.s.m.o. repetitively for first year and a half twice a week.I have tried physical therapy .I have had five hydrodistention.I just recently had my first hydrodistention with botox injections.nothing has kept me out of pain .even when I am doing good I can only seem to reach a six in my pain level.my frequency average is and has been 30-40Times a day.I am,or,was a chef kitchen manager.could not perform and lost two jobs because of this disease.my flanks,my lower back ,my legs,my arms all ways in pain.pelvic pain is constant.I'd rather not go into further details way too personal.but this has taken my life.I am 35.I have led a fairly healthy life.I have no life now.I am seeking disability .Every Dr. I go to has a different option about the sciatic part of my problem some Dr.s are very sure and as a matter of fact about how it is in conjunction with I.c..others look at me like I'm nuts?why do I limp?why can't I get in and out of a car,or bend down and touch my toes,pick heavy stuff up.just to laugh at times hurts.this is my life ,I gotta wonder ,is there any one else out there going through the same symptoms and no relief?
- Can terbinafine and or prenatal vitamins being taken together cause lengthy periods?
I've been bleeding for a month now, the month before this one I Did not have a period at all...went to doctor found out I was not pregnant. She prescribed terbinafine for a toe nail fungus. And told me since I was sexually active I should start taking prenatals...have not stopped bleeding since... help???
- Timing of taking wellbutrin xl 300 with diovan 80
I take levoxyl when waking up. After eating breakfast usually I take wellbutrin, diovan, and vitamin d together. If taking adderall, I would take at this time. Sometimes red yeast rice in morning, sometimes later in the day. Estradiol is taken before bed. Is it OK to take wellbutrin and diovan together or should they be spaced separately in the day?
- Can i use naloxone if i am hypothyroid for weight loss? what dose?
I am stable with my various conditions--treated hypothyroidism, treated menopausal symptoms, and treated depression. I would like to lose some weight and heard that Naloxone is helpful with this, but can cause hyperthyroidism is the usual alcoholism dose of 50 mg. is used. A much lower dose of 1.5-4.0 mg. was recommended.
Any experience with this?
- My period has occurred twice in a month. this is the first time.
My period starts on the 25/26th of every month. It came as always on Feb 26th and ended on March 3rd. On Saturday March 8th I had an incident where someone strangled me. There was no other assault.
It is more of light bleeding and spotting. I have mild cramps.
I don't know if this is stress related as I think I lost consciousness briefly and I was extremely afraid. I have an IUD inserted in October 2011. It hasn't given me problems. I am sexually active.
More questions for: Vagifem, Spotting
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Paragard and norethindrone acet
I had many reproductive issues arise after the birth of my daughter. Everything from constant swelling, pain an vaginal tearing, pre cancerous tumors. (cervical). I also have mild spots of endometriosis and ovarian cyst all of these are genetic in my family. I also have blood clotting factors so paragard was the only BC choice for me it caused me alot of bleeding issues I went 3monyhs on one straight period. So my Dr put me on norethindrone acet. To stop periods all together which caused all of my issues above to subside, apparently my hormones where the cause of my issues. I love the paragard an norethindrone combination!!!!
- Having trouble swallowing food
it started like having heartburn the food would not go down. Progressively got worse so went a digestive doctor she ran all kinds of test (scope, went up my nose and down my throat had problems with that one,cat scan and berium test. Well they found a mass on my thyroid and had to remove have of it and the mass was not cancer. But 2 days after started getting the symptoms again and I am at my wits end. The endro doctor said having small spasms and started me on pantopraqzole and cymbalta. And has referred me to the Mayo Clinic. But I got online and read that there might be an interaction from the levothyroxine and estradol..... Please help at my wits end
- I'm curing my lichen sclerosis
I took Prempro for about 5 years and then Activella for about 3 years for Menopausal symptoms. My first obvious symptoms of a problem began in 2005 which follow all the classic symptoms of Lichen. I spent thousands on Urology exams, tests, and surgical procedures. And thousands on Gynecological attempts at remedies. Finally with no answers and no relief against the doctors advise I went off my H.R.T.s and Vagifem and then a year later all antiobiotics, creams etc. and though mending has been catastrophically slow (4 years)I am in what I'd call the last stage of mending as this condition is not just skin deep (urogenital). I have just the faintest redness left (where it first began!)and of course scarring/fusing of labia's etc. But I would say 90% of symptoms are gone. Just know it took 4 Years to heal without pain medications and all the crazy meds that just covered the 'adverse chemical reaction'. I filed a report with the FDA in 2009 and of course heard nothing back.
More reviews for: Vagifem, Spotting
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I took Estrogel for approximately 6 months to a year to alleviate dryness and itchiness and it worked great. About 4 months ago, my vision took a bit hit with a lot of blurriness so I quit taking it. We have moved to Costa Rica to retire and in the physical to apply for health insurance my urinal ...
- I have suffered from painfull, red, burning sensation feet. Saw 4 different podiatrist, a neurologist, a cardiovascular surgeon, a rehumatologist, and finally after 7 months a podiatrist give me a diagnosis: Erythromelalgia. He precribed Gabapentin 900 daily. It has help me a little, but not enough ...
- I spot 10 days before period all the way up to when my period starts the bleeding isn't profusely just random light spotting I may have cramps here and there nothing severe my period does last 7 days. I do have daily headaches some so bad I'm nauseas and become very sensitive to light my headaches g ...
- Past month...hives/welts appear on one location of my body for no apparent reason. They usually occur at times when I haven't eaten anything for 5-6 hours or upon waking up when I haven't eaten anything for at least 8 hr.
I have had the hives/welts appear on my face (lips, cheek, nostrils), on my ...
- My husband and I have been trying to conceive for a year and a half. Still trying. Should be ovulating now, but no positive digital OPK. Need to lose 30 pounds. Thinking that would help our chances of conceiving. Today is cycle day 21. I have always had irregular periods ranging from 33 days to ...
More related studies for: Vagifem, Spotting
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.