Review: could Valium cause Abnormal heart rhythms (Arrhythmias)?
Summary: Abnormal heart rhythms is found among people who take Valium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Depression.
We study 20,067 people who have side effects while taking Valium from FDA and social media. Among them, 310 have Abnormal heart rhythms. Find out below who they are, when they have Abnormal heart rhythms and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Valium and have Abnormal heart rhythms >>>
Valium has active ingredients of diazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 21,833 Valium users)
Abnormal heart rhythms
Abnormal heart rhythms (irregular heartbeat) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, osteoporosis, diabetes, depression. (latest reports from 45,997 Abnormal heart rhythms patients)
On Mar, 1, 2015: 20,063 people reported to have side effects when taking Valium. Among them, 211 people (1.05%) have Abnormal Heart Rhythms.
Time on Valium when people have Abnormal heart rhythms * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Abnormal heart rhythms||65.22%||4.35%||17.39%||0.00%||8.70%||4.35%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Abnormal heart rhythms when taking Valium * :
|Abnormal heart rhythms||50.43%||49.57% |
Age of people who have Abnormal heart rhythms when taking Valium * :
|Abnormal heart rhythms||0.48%||0.48%||0.97%||1.93%||3.38%||18.84%||32.37%||41.55% |
Severity of Abnormal heart rhythms when taking Valium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Abnormal heart rhythms||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Abnormal heart rhythms ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Abnormal heart rhythms||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (33 people, 15.64%)
- Pain (26 people, 12.32%)
- Anxiety (24 people, 11.37%)
- Hypertension (15 people, 7.11%)
- Arthritis (14 people, 6.64%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (61 people, 28.91%)
- Vioxx (48 people, 22.75%)
- Lasix (39 people, 18.48%)
- Toprol-xl (34 people, 16.11%)
- Paxil (34 people, 16.11%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of valium and abnormal heart rhythms on
Do you have Abnormal Heart Rhythms while taking Valium?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Valium and have Abnormal Heart Rhythms
- support group for people who take Valium
- support group for people who have Abnormal Heart Rhythms
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Depo-medrol, Ibuprofen, Prednisolone, Zorvolex, Esomeprazole Sodium, Tramadol, Zolpidem, Diazepam, Midazolam Hydrochloride, Fluoxetine Hydrochloride for a 40-year old woman with Orthopedic Pain - Articular Infiltration, Orthopedic Pain, Gastric Ph, Insomnia, Depression. The patient has Hair Loss, Eosinophilic Pustular Foliculitis, Caries, Presbyopia
- A study of drug interactions between Bisoprolol Fumarate, Telmisartan for a 70-year old woman with Hypertension - Essential. The patient has Bradycardia
- A study of drug interactions between Valtrex, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Lortab, Dexilant, Valium, Wellbutrin, Prozac, Simvastatin, Advair Diskus 100/50 for a 52-year old woman with Shingles, Emphysema, Back Pain, Acid Reflux, Anxiety And Stress, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Depression, Cholesterosis. The patient has Anemia
- A study of side effects of Diazepam for a 67-year old woman with Sleeplessness. The patient has Tremor
- A study of side effects of Diazepam for a 49-year old woman with Anxiety. The patient has Skin Burning Sensation
Recent Valium related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.