Valium and Abnormal heart rhythms - from FDA reports
Abnormal heart rhythms is found among people who take Valium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Xanax, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Abnormal heart rhythms with Valium. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 30,254 people who have side effects when taking Valium from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
30,254 people reported to have side effects when taking Valium.
Among them, 528 people (1.75%) have Abnormal heart rhythms
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Valium when people have Abnormal heart rhythms *:
- < 1 month: 85.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 2.5 %
- 6 - 12 months: 2.5 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 7.5 %
- 5 - 10 years: 2.5 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Abnormal heart rhythms when taking Valium *:
- female: 59.69 %
- male: 40.31 %
Age of people who have Abnormal heart rhythms when taking Valium *:
- 0-1: 0.21 %
- 2-9: 1.06 %
- 10-19: 0.85 %
- 20-29: 10.17 %
- 30-39: 13.35 %
- 40-49: 22.46 %
- 50-59: 23.73 %
- 60+: 28.18 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (69 people, 13.07%)
- Depression (33 people, 6.25%)
- Back Pain (23 people, 4.36%)
- High Blood Pressure (22 people, 4.17%)
- Multiple Myeloma (18 people, 3.41%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Xanax (81 people, 15.34%)
- Lasix (74 people, 14.02%)
- Ativan (74 people, 14.02%)
- Neurontin (71 people, 13.45%)
- Ambien (60 people, 11.36%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (130 people, 24.62%)
- Chest Pain (122 people, 23.11%)
- Nausea (119 people, 22.54%)
- Depression (109 people, 20.64%)
- Fatigue (105 people, 19.89%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Abnormal heart rhythms when taking Valium?
- Check symptoms - is abnormal heart rhythms caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsAbnormal heart rhythms and drugs with ingredients of diazepam.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAbnormal heart rhythms and Valium from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Valium has active ingredients of diazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Valium 32,957 users)
Abnormal heart rhythms
Abnormal heart rhythms has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, depression, atrial fibrillation/flutter, osteoporosis (latest reports from 92,186 Abnormal heart rhythms patients).
Browse all side effects of Valiuma b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Abnormal heart rhythmsAbnormal heart rhythms
Could your condition cause Abnormal heart rhythmsAbnormal heart rhythms
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I am a 70 year old women raised in the Mississippi Valley. I completed a year on the anti fungal drug after diagnosis with disseminated histoplasmosis. I am now newly diagnosed with bradycardia & related symptoms & undergoing testing. Do you give treatment suggestions? Many thanks!
1. After taking Allegra for approx. 10 years for urticaria ( skin rash ) I was able to find that present heart arrhythmia maybe due to the use of Allegra 180 mg Tablets 2. I need to get information on the relationship of Heart Arrhythmia due to use of Allegra - Oral - 180 mg Tablets to easy ...
am having a bradycardia of 60 beats/min since i started the sertraline of 50mg/day , am also having dyspnea and feeling tired all the time , this is so annoying , am asking if this is serious and if i should stop the sertraline .
User reviews to the study
with a normal resting heartrate around 100 from school time, at age 56, a cardiologist recommended Tenormin (beta blocker) 25 mg a day. Used for 4 years when suddenly discovered arrythmia and lowering BP n heart rate. Holter Monitoring detected pause of 2.2 seconds. No symptoms associated. ...
My 20 year old daughter died on September 22,2016. Her toxicology report indicated no other drugs in her system besides chromium picolinate. LA corner's office are saying she died of natural causes due to obesity. She did not have diabetes, hypertension, and/or hear disease. She had no prior ...
I just started Cymbalta 10 days ago and for the past few days my heart rate has been going down as low as 37 bpm. I'm extremely fatigued and having chest pains. I want to know if others have bad similar experiences.