Could Valium cause Bradycardia - from FDA reports
Bradycardia is found among people who take Valium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Neurontin, and have Stress and anxiety . We study 28,128 people who have side effects while taking Valium from FDA. Among them, 554 have Bradycardia. Find out below who they are, when they have Bradycardia and more.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
Valium has active ingredients of diazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Valium 30,251 users)
Bradycardia (abnormally slow heart action) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, pain, atrial fibrillation/flutter, osteoporosis (latest reports from 111,431 Bradycardia patients).
On Nov, 18, 2016
28,128 people reported to have side effects when taking Valium.
Among them, 554 people (1.97%) have Bradycardia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Valium when people have Bradycardia *:
- < 1 month: 77.14 %
- 1 - 6 months: 5.71 %
- 6 - 12 months: 5.71 %
- 1 - 2 years: 1.43 %
- 2 - 5 years: 4.29 %
- 5 - 10 years: 5.71 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Bradycardia when taking Valium *:
- female: 56.64 %
- male: 43.36 %
Age of people who have Bradycardia when taking Valium *:
- 0-1: 0.41 %
- 2-9: 1.24 %
- 10-19: 1.44 %
- 20-29: 8.04 %
- 30-39: 11.13 %
- 40-49: 22.06 %
- 50-59: 26.19 %
- 60+: 29.48 %
Severity of Bradycardia **:
- least: 16.67 %
- moderate: 66.67 %
- severe: 16.67 %
- most severe: 0.0 %
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Xanax (79 people, 14.26%)
- Neurontin (79 people, 14.26%)
- Lasix (77 people, 13.90%)
- Ativan (74 people, 13.36%)
- Nexium (66 people, 11.91%)
Forecasts by ePatient.care (We will alert you to new symptoms or undetected conditions when you take Valium, learn more )
Potential co-existing conditions
- High Blood Pressure (30 people, 5.42%)
Potential co-existing symptoms
- High Blood Pressure (146 people, 26.35%)
- Stress And Anxiety (138 people, 24.91%)
- Nausea (128 people, 23.10%)
- Depression (126 people, 22.74%)
- Hypotension (123 people, 22.20%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bradycardia when taking Valium?
- Check symptoms - is bradycardia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Browse all side effects of Valiuma b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with BradycardiaBradycardia
Could your condition cause BradycardiaBradycardia
Can you answer these questions?
1. After taking Allegra for approx. 10 years for urticaria ( skin rash ) I was able to find that present heart arrhythmia maybe due to the use of Allegra 180 mg Tablets 2. I need to get information on the relationship of Heart Arrhythmia due to use of Allegra - Oral - 180 mg Tablets to easy ...
am having a bradycardia of 60 beats/min since i started the sertraline of 50mg/day , am also having dyspnea and feeling tired all the time , this is so annoying , am asking if this is serious and if i should stop the sertraline .
My daughter took an overdose of Seroquel and Celexa almost a year ago. Later that day she had her first episode of arrhythmia. She has not taken seroquel since that day but the arrhythmia has not been corrected. She has been seeing a cardiologist who says this cannot be fixed. But the ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Since starting flomax, my mother-in-law's orthostatic hypotension has worsened, and she feels even worse in general. Would like to hear others' response to taking flomax and sinemet for Parkinson's Disease.
1. After taking allegra for approx. 10 years for urticaria ( skin rash ) I was able to find that present heart arrhythmia maybe due to the use of Allegra 180 mg Tablets 2. I need to get information on the relationship of Heart Arrhythmia due to use of Allegra - Oral - 180 mg Tablets to easy ...