Review: could Valium cause Mental disorder?
Summary: Mental disorder is found among people who take Valium, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Oxycontin, and have Stress and anxiety.
We study 20,067 people who have side effects while taking Valium from FDA and social media. Among them, 262 have Mental disorder. Find out below who they are, when they have Mental disorder and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Valium and have Mental disorder >>>
Valium has active ingredients of diazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 21,837 Valium users)
Mental disorder (a psychological term for a mental or behavioural pattern or anomaly that causes distress or disability) has been reported by people with quit smoking, depression, birth control, pain, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 20,984 Mental disorder patients)
On Apr, 14, 2015: 20,067 people reported to have side effects when taking Valium. Among them, 262 people (1.31%) have Mental Disorder.
Time on Valium when people have Mental disorder * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Mental disorder||40.00%||0.00%||0.00%||6.67%||13.33%||40.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Mental disorder when taking Valium * :
|Mental disorder||57.20%||42.80% |
Age of people who have Mental disorder when taking Valium * :
|Mental disorder||0.00%||0.00%||1.23%||6.97%||20.08%||21.72%||28.28%||21.72% |
Severity of Mental disorder when taking Valium ** :
How people recovered from Mental disorder ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (55 people, 20.99%)
- Pain (52 people, 19.85%)
- Depression (39 people, 14.89%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (34 people, 12.98%)
- Multiple myeloma (28 people, 10.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycontin (68 people, 25.95%)
- Neurontin (56 people, 21.37%)
- Protonix (47 people, 17.94%)
- Vicodin (45 people, 17.18%)
- Chantix (44 people, 16.79%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of valium and mental disorder on
Do you have Mental Disorder while taking Valium?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Valium and have Mental Disorder
- support group for people who take Valium
- support group for people who have Mental Disorder
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Depo-medrol, Ibuprofen, Prednisolone, Zorvolex, Esomeprazole Sodium, Tramadol, Zolpidem, Diazepam, Midazolam Hydrochloride, Fluoxetine Hydrochloride for a 40-year old woman with Orthopedic Pain - Articular Infiltration, Orthopedic Pain, Gastric Ph, Insomnia, Depression. The patient has Hair Loss, Eosinophilic Pustular Foliculitis, Caries, Presbyopia
- A study of drug interactions between Valtrex, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Lortab, Dexilant, Valium, Wellbutrin, Prozac, Simvastatin, Advair Diskus 100/50 for a 52-year old woman with Shingles, Emphysema, Back Pain, Acid Reflux, Anxiety And Stress, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Depression, Cholesterosis. The patient has Anemia
- A study of side effects of Diazepam for a 67-year old woman with Sleeplessness. The patient has Tremor
- A study of side effects of Diazepam for a 49-year old woman with Anxiety. The patient has Skin Burning Sensation
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotics, Multivitamin, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Diazepam, Oxytocin 5 Usp Units In Dextrose 5%, Levothyroxine Sodium, Breo Ellipta, Prozac for a 46-year old woman with Indigestion, Diffenncy, Difficiency, D Difficiency, Narcolepsy, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Pain, Thyroid Disorder, Copd, Depression. The patient has Narcolepsy, Stress At Work, Frequent Headaches, Chiari Malformation, Constipation, Diarrhea, Nausea, Pain - Joints, Forgetfulness, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fecal Leaking, Difficulty Breathing
Recent Valium related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.