Review: could Valium cause Open angle glaucoma (Glaucoma)?
Summary: Open angle glaucoma is found among people who take Valium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Protonix, and have Bone lesion.
We study 20,067 people who have side effects while taking Valium from FDA and social media. Among them, 51 have Open angle glaucoma. Find out below who they are, when they have Open angle glaucoma and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Valium and have Open angle glaucoma >>>
Valium has active ingredients of diazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 21,834 Valium users)
Open angle glaucoma
Open angle glaucoma (an eye disease that gradually steals vision) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, glaucoma, diabetes, depression. (latest reports from 17,741 Open angle glaucoma patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 20,067 people reported to have side effects when taking Valium. Among them, 51 people (0.25%) have Open Angle Glaucoma.
Time on Valium when people have Open angle glaucoma * :
Gender of people who have Open angle glaucoma when taking Valium * :
|Open angle glaucoma||76.92%||23.08% |
Age of people who have Open angle glaucoma when taking Valium * :
|Open angle glaucoma||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||8.57%||2.86%||25.71%||22.86%||40.00% |
Severity of Open angle glaucoma when taking Valium ** :
How people recovered from Open angle glaucoma ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bone lesion (5 people, 9.80%)
- Muscle spasms (5 people, 9.80%)
- Pain (5 people, 9.80%)
- Upper respiratory tract infection (5 people, 9.80%)
- Restless legs syndrome (5 people, 9.80%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Protonix (12 people, 23.53%)
- Zofran (10 people, 19.61%)
- Xanax (10 people, 19.61%)
- Epipen (10 people, 19.61%)
- Nitrostat (9 people, 17.65%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Open Angle Glaucoma while taking Valium?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Valium and have Open Angle Glaucoma
- support group for people who take Valium
- support group for people who have Open Angle Glaucoma
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Diazepam for a 49-year old woman with Anxiety. The patient has Skin Burning Sensation
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotics, Multivitamin, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Diazepam, Oxytocin 5 Usp Units In Dextrose 5%, Levothyroxine Sodium, Breo Ellipta, Prozac for a 46-year old woman with Indigestion, Diffenncy, Difficiency, D Difficiency, Narcolepsy, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Pain, Thyroid Disorder, Copd, Depression. The patient has Narcolepsy, Stress At Work, Frequent Headaches, Chiari Malformation, Constipation, Diarrhea, Nausea, Pain - Joints, Forgetfulness, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fecal Leaking, Difficulty Breathing
- A study of drug interactions between Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Adderall 20, Lyrica for a 53-year old woman with Depression, Fatigue - Chronic, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Vertigo, Itching, Burning Sensation, Nasal Dryness, Bursitis, Chest Pain, Restless Legs Syndrome, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Weight Gain, Breathing-related Sleep Disorder, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Mouth Dry Aggravated, Eyes - Dry, Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping, Weakness, Hands - Chapped And Dry, Glaucoma, Pain In Jaw, Headache, Pain - Eye, Vision Problems, Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Hair Loss, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Zyrtec, Valium for a 57-year old woman with Depression, Nasal Allergies, Meniere's Disease. The patient has Slurred Speech
- A study of drug interactions between Valium, Lamictal for a 43-year old woman with Teeth Grinding And Clenching, Migraine. The patient has Chest Pain
Recent Valium related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.