Valium and Tinnitus - from FDA reports
Tinnitus is found among people who take Valium, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ambien, and have Enteritis infectious. This review analyzes which people have Tinnitus with Valium. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 30,254 people who have side effects when taking Valium from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 21, 2017
30,254 people reported to have side effects when taking Valium.
Among them, 250 people (0.83%) have Tinnitus
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Valium when people have Tinnitus *:
- < 1 month: 60 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 40 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Tinnitus when taking Valium *:
- female: 50.83 %
- male: 49.17 %
Age of people who have Tinnitus when taking Valium *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.48 %
- 20-29: 0.48 %
- 30-39: 17.62 %
- 40-49: 35.71 %
- 50-59: 17.62 %
- 60+: 28.1 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Vestibular Disorder (16 people, 6.40%)
- Malaria (16 people, 6.40%)
- Enteritis Infectious (16 people, 6.40%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (15 people, 6.00%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (14 people, 5.60%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Ambien (39 people, 15.60%)
- Paxil (31 people, 12.40%)
- Oxycontin (28 people, 11.20%)
- Prilosec (27 people, 10.80%)
- Baclofen (24 people, 9.60%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Headache (94 people, 37.60%)
- Nausea (85 people, 34.00%)
- Memory Loss (69 people, 27.60%)
- Weakness (60 people, 24.00%)
- Fatigue (60 people, 24.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tinnitus when taking Valium?
Valium has active ingredients of diazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Valium 31,922 users)
Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety, rheumatoid arthritis, pain (latest reports from 30,035 Tinnitus patients).