Review: could Valium cause Trigeminal neuralgia?
Summary: Trigeminal neuralgia is found among people who take Valium, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, also take medication Tegretol, and have Arthritis.
We study 20,046 people who have side effects while taking Valium from FDA and social media. Among them, 14 have Trigeminal neuralgia. Find out below who they are, when they have Trigeminal neuralgia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Valium and have Trigeminal neuralgia >>>
Valium has active ingredients of diazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Valium 21,816 users)
Trigeminal neuralgia (a painful condition of the nerve responsible for most facial sensation) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteopenia.(latest reports from Trigeminal neuralgia 3,879 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 20,046 people reported to have side effects when taking Valium. Among them, 14 people (0.07%) have Trigeminal Neuralgia.
Time on Valium when people have Trigeminal neuralgia * :
Gender of people who have Trigeminal neuralgia when taking Valium * :
|Trigeminal neuralgia||92.86%||7.14% |
Age of people who have Trigeminal neuralgia when taking Valium * :
|Trigeminal neuralgia||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||7.69%||69.23%||23.08% |
Severity of Trigeminal neuralgia when taking Valium ** :
How people recovered from Trigeminal neuralgia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Arthritis (7 people, 50.00%)
- Pain (6 people, 42.86%)
- Hypertension (5 people, 35.71%)
- Breast cancer (5 people, 35.71%)
- Bone pain (5 people, 35.71%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tegretol (10 people, 71.43%)
- Neurontin (7 people, 50.00%)
- Levaquin (7 people, 50.00%)
- Elavil (6 people, 42.86%)
- Cyclobenzaprine (6 people, 42.86%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Trigeminal Neuralgia while taking Valium?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Valium and have Trigeminal Neuralgia
- support group for people who take Valium
- support group for people who have Trigeminal Neuralgia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- How many valium pills could causes coma
I need to know how can one get in coma in a quick way
- Can droopy eyelid be caused by a bump and/or pregabalin?
Had a bad bump on my forehead a couple of weeks ago and my whole face went black. Mostly better now but Im let with a badly drooping eyelid (right) which the doctors tell me will go away. No sign of that at the moment but Ive read that pregabalin (which I take in small doses, can cause this. It is so bad and looks so different to the other eye (which is still tight enough to put makeup on) that unless I can find a better solution, I'll have to get it fixed cosmetically. Is two weeks a short time to expect it to be gone? Cheers
- Is morphine used for painless atria fibrillatin (1 answer)
entered hospital without any pain had cough which caused some shortness of breath otherwise felt well advised by PCP to drive to hospital to get checked out was admitted to hospital -received morphine -two days later nurse advised me my blood pressure was way to low- later same day had ischemic stroke - hallucinations,loss of speech loss of consciousness-hospitalized for two weeks-six weeks later still in atrial fibrillation unable to take treadmill stress -
- What are the best meds to take to fix insomnia, anxiety,depression (2 answers)
What medications will work well
I need my brain to stop at night. And stay asleep.
I have anxiety
Little grumpy at times and things bother me a lot. Easily nervious and worry about everything. Crying a lot I notice.
- Will garcinia cambodia interact with my medication
With these prescrption drugs will the garcinia cambodia interact?
More questions for: Valium, Trigeminal neuralgia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Wellbutrin caused my trigeminal neurlagia
So I'm writing this to hopefully shed light to other users in the same position I was in. I had taken Wellbutrin for about 4 years. The pain experienced in my face was excruciatingly painful. It was just on one side of my face between my temple and upper lip. All the symptoms reflected Trigeminal Neuralgia. But even with an MRI nothing could be found. I suffered for 3 of those years with pain coming and going, not understanding what was going on. Finally one day I decided hell with Wellbutrin and just stopped taking it. It's been 6 months now and I have yet to have a single shred of pain. Coincidence? I doubt it.
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrollable shivering) continued & got higher. By 5/05 my temps were reaching 105 deg F. Husband said I became combative, refused to go to hospital. Early June/05 he came home to find me wrapped in blankets, with a temp over 105 F. He tried to place me in a tub of cold water, said I was rigid & screamed when he tried to move me. I was in the tub, speaking "in tongues" (his description, I have no memory of this). He called 911, took me to hospital. I woke, no idea where I was or why. After a lumbar puncture & 2 days in ICU I went home. The fevers continued...2 weeks later he came home to find me wrapped in sheets, towels, blankets, with the heat on full (it was in the 90's outside) he called ambulance again. I awoke to find myself under an ice blanket with nurses pushing large vials of dantrolene into both arms, several liters. Another LP, a stint in ICU...this time they told me it was NMS. The dr who dxd me said he was surprised I was alive, & not a vegetable, as my temp had peaked at 109 deg F. I suffered brain damage; short-term memory loss, brain can't control my body temp, my blood pressure went up. An arteriogram showed completely healthy heart & arteries, no plaque at all. I lost all body fat as well as some muscle mass. The fevers continued even after stopping the Seroquel. I visited my PCP for a checkup in 9/05, temp was normal. I started shuddering, my temp went up a full degree every 5 minutes. PCP admitted me to ER, my heart rate was over 272 B/M; they stopped my heart 3 times to "reset" it, which didn't work. I spent 3 days in hospital. Several months later my P doc tried me on Lamictal alone; I got Stevens-Johnson syndrome. I stopped the drug as soon as the signs appeared. I've been untreated, except for Neurontin & Primidone, until my manic episodes became unlivable. 3 weeks ago I went 8 days with no sleep, became psychotic. My P doc gave me Trileptal, which has evened my moods, but I've been getting low-grade fevers (highest was 103.6). Would having had NMS in the past make me more prone to falling to it again with the Trileptal? It's the only new med I've taken in over a year.
- Crazy feelings with interesting things
I am not tired but i can not keep my eyes open.I guess my Brain is tired, not my body. I can not focus on anything for a long period of time and when I try my eyes force close. I begin to hear voices and talk to people who are not present. I am scared so I stopped the meds slowly. Have not taken it in 36 hours and this morning I am still feeling this way.I am also on 4mg's of suboxone perscribed 3 times a day but I dont always take the 3rd one.
- Heavy sweating during sleep
Pain killers like Tylenol 3, vicodin 20 years, Valium and Soma 12 years. Sweat heavy during sleep.
- Trigeminal neuralgia after use of phentermine (2 responses)
I am insulin resistant, unable to lose weight w/diet and exercise. Started us of Phentermine for about 6 days and had increasing symptoms of abscess tooth. Went to dentist, was not a tooth, he thought it was a sinus infection. Antibiotics did not work. My PCP gave me more antibiotics. Did not work. Went to ENT- scoped sinus. It was not my sinuses. Told to take different antibiotics if pain came back. IT DID! Took those, went back to dr- Worse still. Dx with TMJ, given muscle relaxers. That did not work. Pain continued intense. Unable to chew, wear glasses, move my hair, sleep on that side of head. Dx w/Trigeminal Neuralgia. This started with the Phentermine. I want to know if anyone else has suffered this?!
More reviews for: Valium, Trigeminal neuralgia
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I have lost almost all memory while on these medications and I cannot remember that part of my life while on them I can only remember bits and pieces. I was on all this medication due to my drug induced psycosis and to stop my paranoia and wanting to harm myself and others. This was over 12 years ag ...
- Was on sulfasalazine but made me unwell...changed to methotrexate but stopped because of blood results. Have raised blood sugar from steroids.
Frequent urinary tract infections and self catheterisation. Retinal haemorrhage ( blots and dots) just discovered by optician with severe dry eyes
- Only happens occasionally. More when I am active. But sometimes just sitting. All the time when using computer or watching television. There are just days where I cannot even look at a computer screen for even 1 minute. Very frustrating. Palpitations are annoying and inconvenient.
- doc says that i have diskinesia but reading few articles on akithisia , those symptoms are matching with my present state. pls clarify if i can ever come out of this condition? no one in my family has such disease and it started a year back.
- I'm trying to find out if the Aortic Aneurysm I have been Diagnosed with may be a result of being on pain killers for 10 years As I Don't drink Alcohol and had quit smoking and when I Smoked Cigarettes I Only smoked a pack (20) A week or less!! It Seems no one knows much about a Aortic Aneurysm I Ha ...
More related studies for: Valium, Trigeminal neuralgia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.