Review: could Valium cause Urinary incontinence?
Summary: Urinary incontinence is found among people who take Valium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Nexium, and have Pain.
We study 20,067 people who have side effects while taking Valium from FDA and social media. Among them, 166 have Urinary incontinence. Find out below who they are, when they have Urinary incontinence and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Valium and have Urinary incontinence >>>
Valium has active ingredients of diazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 21,834 Valium users)
Urinary incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain. (latest reports from 18,523 Urinary incontinence patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 20,067 people reported to have side effects when taking Valium. Among them, 166 people (0.83%) have Urinary Incontinence.
Time on Valium when people have Urinary incontinence * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Urinary incontinence||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Urinary incontinence when taking Valium * :
|Urinary incontinence||70.95%||29.05% |
Age of people who have Urinary incontinence when taking Valium * :
|Urinary incontinence||0.00%||0.62%||0.62%||5.59%||9.32%||26.09%||27.95%||29.81% |
Severity of Urinary incontinence when taking Valium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Urinary incontinence||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Urinary incontinence ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (31 people, 18.67%)
- Anxiety (27 people, 16.27%)
- Multiple sclerosis (21 people, 12.65%)
- Multiple myeloma (13 people, 7.83%)
- Pain in jaw (13 people, 7.83%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Nexium (34 people, 20.48%)
- Neurontin (34 people, 20.48%)
- Prilosec (33 people, 19.88%)
- Lopressor (31 people, 18.67%)
- Xanax (31 people, 18.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Valium and urinary incontinence on
Do you have Urinary Incontinence while taking Valium?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Valium and have Urinary Incontinence
- support group for people who take Valium
- support group for people who have Urinary Incontinence
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Diazepam for a 49-year old woman with Anxiety. The patient has Skin Burning Sensation
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotics, Multivitamin, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Diazepam, Oxytocin 5 Usp Units In Dextrose 5%, Levothyroxine Sodium, Breo Ellipta, Prozac for a 46-year old woman with Indigestion, Diffenncy, Difficiency, D Difficiency, Narcolepsy, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Pain, Thyroid Disorder, Copd, Depression. The patient has Narcolepsy, Stress At Work, Frequent Headaches, Chiari Malformation, Constipation, Diarrhea, Nausea, Pain - Joints, Forgetfulness, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fecal Leaking, Difficulty Breathing
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Zyrtec, Valium for a 57-year old woman with Depression, Nasal Allergies, Meniere's Disease. The patient has Slurred Speech
- A study of drug interactions between Valium, Lamictal for a 43-year old woman with Teeth Grinding And Clenching, Migraine. The patient has Chest Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Losartan Potassium, Simvastatin, Baclofen for a 51-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Muscle Spasms. The patient has Fear Of Eating, Uncontrollable Urination, Sudden Onset Of Sleep
Recent Valium related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.