Review: could Valproate sodium cause Weight gain - unintentional (Weight increased)?
Summary: Weight gain - unintentional is found among people who take Valproate sodium, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Clozaril, and have Schizophrenia.
We study 12,449 people who have side effects while taking Valproate sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 288 have Weight gain - unintentional. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight gain - unintentional and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Valproate sodium and have Weight gain - unintentional >>>
Valproate sodium has active ingredients of valproate sodium. It is often used in epilepsy. (latest outcomes from 12,644 Valproate sodium users)
Weight gain - unintentional
Weight gain - unintentional has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, pain, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 76,697 Weight gain - unintentional patients)
On Apr, 3, 2015: 12,447 people reported to have side effects when taking Valproate sodium. Among them, 288 people (2.31%) have Weight Gain - Unintentional.
Time on Valproate sodium when people have Weight gain - unintentional * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight gain - unintentional||50.00%||7.14%||10.71%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00%||7.14% |
Gender of people who have Weight gain - unintentional when taking Valproate sodium * :
|Weight gain - unintentional||57.23%||42.77% |
Age of people who have Weight gain - unintentional when taking Valproate sodium * :
|Weight gain - unintentional||0.37%||1.87%||4.49%||17.98%||25.09%||28.46%||17.98%||3.75% |
Severity of Weight gain - unintentional when taking Valproate sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight gain - unintentional||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Weight gain - unintentional ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight gain - unintentional||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Schizophrenia (66 people, 22.92%)
- Epilepsy (52 people, 18.06%)
- Bipolar disorder (43 people, 14.93%)
- Convulsion (38 people, 13.19%)
- Depression (26 people, 9.03%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Clozaril (53 people, 18.40%)
- Zyprexa (49 people, 17.01%)
- Clonazepam (40 people, 13.89%)
- Olanzapine (38 people, 13.19%)
- Risperidone (23 people, 7.99%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of valproate sodium and weight gain - unintentional on
Do you have Weight Gain - Unintentional while taking Valproate Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Valproate sodium and have Weight Gain - Unintentional
- support group for people who take Valproate sodium
- support group for people who have Weight Gain - Unintentional
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Humalog, Pepcid, Protonix, Pancreaze for a 47-year old woman with Type 1 Diabetes, Chronic Pancreatitis. The patient has Weight Gain - Unintentional
- A study of side effects of Prilosec Otc for a 51-year old woman with Reflux Gastritis. The patient has Insomnia Exacerbated, Nausea, Weight Gain, Excessive Hunger
- A study of drug interactions between Fluticasone Propionate, Omeprazole for a 50-year old woman with Sinus Headache, Ulcer - Stomach. The patient has Stomach Pain, Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Adderall 20 for a 37-year old man with ADD. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Denatured Collagen, Vitamin B12, Folic Acid, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Prempro, Mobic, Cogentin, Lialda, Cymbalta, Abilify for a 63-year old woman with Brittle Nails, Major Depression, Sleep Disorder, Menopause Hot Flashes, Arthritis, Tremor, Ulcerative Colitis, Chronic Depression. The patient has Weight Gain, Fatigue, Tremor, Neck Pain
Recent Valproate sodium related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.