Valproate sodium and Mycoplasma infection - from FDA reports
Mycoplasma infection is found among people who take Valproate sodium, especially for people who are male, 2-9 old also take medication Lamotrigine, and have Status epilepticus. This review analyzes which people have Mycoplasma infection with Valproate sodium. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 13,089 people who have side effects when taking Valproate sodium from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 29, 2017
13,089 people reported to have side effects when taking Valproate sodium.
Among them, 10 people (0.08%) have Mycoplasma infection
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Mycoplasma infection when taking Valproate sodium *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Mycoplasma infection when taking Valproate sodium *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 90 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 10 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Status Epilepticus (9 people, 90.00%)
- Pneumonia Mycoplasmal (7 people, 70.00%)
- Convulsion (4 people, 40.00%)
- Schizophrenia (1 person, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Phenytoin (9 people, 90.00%)
- Lamotrigine (9 people, 90.00%)
- Gentamicin (8 people, 80.00%)
- Erythromycin (8 people, 80.00%)
- Cefotaxime (6 people, 60.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Status Epilepticus (9 people, 90.00%)
- Hypoxic-Ischaemic Encephalopathy (9 people, 90.00%)
- Brain Oedema (9 people, 90.00%)
- Speech Impairment (adult) (5 people, 50.00%)
- Learning Disorder (5 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Mycoplasma infection when taking Valproate sodium?
- Check symptoms - is mycoplasma infection caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsMycoplasma infection and drugs with ingredients of valproate sodium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeMycoplasma infection and Valproate sodium from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Valproate sodium has active ingredients of valproate sodium. It is often used in epilepsy. (latest outcomes from Valproate sodium 13,562 users)
Mycoplasma infection (bacterial infection) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, epilepsy, fever, preventive health care, asthma (latest reports from 476 Mycoplasma infection patients).
Browse all side effects of Valproate sodiuma b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Mycoplasma infectionMycoplasma infection
Could your condition cause Mycoplasma infectionMycoplasma infection
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
I have been taking Sodium Valproate Sandoz 200mg and Sifrol ER 1.5mg pramipexole Hydrochloride now for at least two year. To control RLS. Until now the mix has worked well.However I am now experiencing discomfort in my right leg each evening. I have to walk around to feel more comfortable. My ...
Been using epilim since 2003 and thats about the same time I started having gout. Just had operation to remove real painfull calculi from my knee. Started using allopurinol 2 weeks ago. Hope it will solve my gout issue once and for all!
have just strted valproate and am terrified of weight gain. GP seems to think that as im only on 400mg per day it shouldnt make any difference. Is because it increases your appetite or some other reason. Im not going to tke it if it puts weight on. Struggle enough as it is