Home > Valproic acid > Colitis ulcerative > Valproic acid and Colitis ulcerative
Review: could Valproic acid cause Colitis ulcerative (Ulcerative colitis)?
We study 9,150 people who have side effects while taking Valproic acid from FDA and social media. Among them, 4 have Colitis ulcerative. Find out below who they are, when they have Colitis ulcerative and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Valproic acid and have Colitis ulcerative >>>
Valproic acid (latest outcomes from 9,304 users) has active ingredients of valproic acid. It is often used in epilepsy.
Colitis ulcerative (inflammation of colon with ulcer) (latest reports from 64,182 patients) has been reported by people with acne, ulcerative colitis, acne cystic, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 9,150 people reported to have side effects when taking Valproic acid. Among them, 4 people (0.04%) have Colitis Ulcerative.
Time on Valproic acid when people have Colitis ulcerative * :
Gender of people who have Colitis ulcerative when taking Valproic acid * :
|Colitis ulcerative||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Colitis ulcerative when taking Valproic acid * :
|Colitis ulcerative||25.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||75.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Colitis ulcerative when taking Valproic acid ** :
How people recovered from Colitis ulcerative ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Sleep disorder (4 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Solu-medrol (4 people, 100.00%)
- Seroquel (4 people, 100.00%)
- Dilaudid (4 people, 100.00%)
- Zofran (4 people, 100.00%)
- Protonix (4 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Colitis Ulcerative while taking Valproic Acid?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Valproic acid and have Colitis Ulcerative
- support group for people who take Valproic acid
- support group for people who have Colitis Ulcerative
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has anyone ever had numbness in the feet that was caused by taking asacol, and did anyone ever find out that it somehow blocks the absorption of vitamin b in some way?
(Asked by a 65 year old woman who has Ulcerative Colitis, and takes Asacol)
I have had some numbness in my right foot for a long time due to a broken foot that was set wrong and now sits in my shoes strangely, causing some pain and numbness and swelling. However, recently I've had some numbness in my left foot. After seeing a neurologist on a different matter, she indicat ...
- 20 year old male with ulcerative colitis, safe to take oxandrolone?
(Asked by a 21 year old man who has Ulcerative Colitis, and takes Oxandrolone)
20 year old male
weight lost from ulcerative colitis
thinking to use oxandrolone in remission to gain weight and strength back
doctor has prescribed long term use of mesalamine
- I have got ulcerative collits
(Asked by a 41 year old woman who has Ulcerative Colitis, and takes Pentasa)
hi I have had ulcerative colitis since 2007 I have been taking solfalk, during that time
two years ago a dr gave me pentasa suppository I have been using it for 2 years since that time I developed chloasma (melasma) and my hair is thinning could this medicine be effecting it.
I was fine when ...
- Is mangosteen capsule effective for juvenile myoclonic epilepsy?
(Asked by a 19 year old boy who has Juvenile Myclonic Epilepsy, and takes Valproic Acid)
Has anybody with Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy tried Mangosteen capsule to prevent seizure? Is it effective? Are there any side effets?
- Is it safe to take pravastin while on remicade?
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Ulcerative Colitis, High Blood Cholesterol, and takes Remicade, Pravastatin Sodium, Zoloft, Synthroid)
I have just started on Remicade and this drug scares the heck out of me! However it is being used as a last resort as no other medications were bring my ulcerative colitis under control I am very concerned about drug interactions and can't seem to get any straight answers from my doctor or the pha ...
More questions for: Valproic acid, Colitis ulcerative
More reviews for: Valproic acid, Colitis ulcerative
- A study of drug interactions between Excedrin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pentasa, Cymbalta for a patient with Migraine, Hypothyroidism, Crohn's Disease, Depression. The patient has Cough Aggravated, Indigestion, Stomach Discomfort, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Tremor, Hair Loss, Difficulty Breathing, Sore Throat, Choking
Comments: Jan 2014 CDiff, mucus in stool, very weak sick, stool incontinence 3-4 times a day. Had been on most meds since March 2014 after diagnosis of UC/Crohn's/Proctitis, in July I started to loose my hair in handfulls. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I started shaking a lot and noticed facial tremors ...
- A study of side effects of Valproic Acid for a patient with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Urethritis (inflammation of the urethra)
Comments: Also using Asomex 2.5mg, but can't add on form as "add more drugs" button not working.
- A study of side effects of Valproic Acid for a patient with Bipolar. The patient has Dizziness Aggravated
Comments: I take two tablets of Depakin chrono (valproic acid) total 1000 at night one time. it helps me in getting sleep, otherwise I'm not able to. however during the day im so dizzy.
I thinking of trying to cut it off totally
- A study of side effects of Valproic Acid for a patient with Seizure. The patient has Air Swallowing
Comments: my son has been taking depakine chrono 500 for 6 years now, he had two seizures when he was 9 years old on the same day, two hours apart, he did`t have any sort of movment when he had them, it was like he froze for 4 minutes or so in both times, on the same day he started taking depakine and didn`t ...
- A study of drug interactions between Neoral, Plaquenil, Rhinocort, Symbicort, Xyzal, Humira, Remicade, Lyrica, Calcium, Vitamin D, Omeprazole, Dipentum, Asacol, Pentasa, Escitalopram, Prednisone for a patient with Lupus, Allergic Sinusitis, Asthma, Ulcerative Colitis, Fibromyalgia, Osteopenia, Ulcer - Stomach, Depression. The patient has Autoimmune Disorder, Joint Warmth, Asthma, Colitis Ulcerative, Burning Sensation, Burning Eyes, Burning Feet Syndrome
Comments: I had Pan ulverative colitis since 2000. two years ago had bad pain in joints, back neck. and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia
this year the dr diagnosed me as lupus
he gave me neoral since 2 months and i am not getting any better
burning sensation in hands and feet all day and night
cant s ...
More related studies for: Valproic acid, Colitis ulcerative
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.