Home > Valproic acid > Muscle twitching > Valproic acid and Muscle twitching
Review: could Valproic acid cause Muscle twitching?
We study 9,150 people who have side effects while taking Valproic acid from FDA and social media. Among them, 29 have Muscle twitching. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle twitching and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Valproic acid and have Muscle twitching >>>
Valproic acid (latest outcomes from 9,304 users) has active ingredients of valproic acid. It is often used in epilepsy.
Muscle twitching (latest reports from 62,121 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 9,147 people reported to have side effects when taking Valproic acid. Among them, 29 people (0.32%) have Muscle Twitching.
Time on Valproic acid when people have Muscle twitching * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle twitching||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle twitching when taking Valproic acid * :
|Muscle twitching||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who have Muscle twitching when taking Valproic acid * :
|Muscle twitching||0.00%||7.69%||30.77%||15.38%||3.85%||3.85%||26.92%||11.54% |
Severity of Muscle twitching when taking Valproic acid ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle twitching||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle twitching ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle twitching||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Epilepsy (7 people, 24.14%)
- Complex partial seizures (5 people, 17.24%)
- Schizophrenia (4 people, 13.79%)
- Drug exposure during pregnancy (3 people, 10.34%)
- Partial seizures (2 people, 6.90%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Levetiracetam (8 people, 27.59%)
- Zonisamide (7 people, 24.14%)
- Phenytoin (5 people, 17.24%)
- Clozapine (4 people, 13.79%)
- Oxcarbazepine (4 people, 13.79%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscle Twitching while taking Valproic Acid?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Valproic acid and have Muscle Twitching
- support group for people who take Valproic acid
- support group for people who have Muscle Twitching
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Can my eye twitch be because of lexapro?
So I have had symptoms of anxiety and depression due to a lot of stressors and disasters that happened in my life over the past two years. As my anxiety got worse after a breast biopsy, I started freaking out and thinking I may have MS because my sister has MS. So I went to my GP and she decided my ...
- Is mangosteen capsule effective for juvenile myoclonic epilepsy?
Has anybody with Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy tried Mangosteen capsule to prevent seizure? Is it effective? Are there any side effets?
- Can valproic acid cause conjunctivitis abdominal pain and diarrhea?
i had taken valproic acid in 1988 .. stopped the drug and did not remember the reason
in 1999 my dr wanted me to try v acid again at age 44 .. i took the med . with in 2 hours my eyes and stomach burned . and i had diarrhea. my eyes were blood red eye lids red in side . .. then i remembered w ...
More questions for: Valproic acid, Muscle twitching
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Paxil side effect of a monior
my daughter 14 years old had some problems with dizziness. the doctor felt it was due to anxiety. so he gave her paroxetine. she started the medication and she complain that head hurt . she took it for three weeks and on fourth week she was in school and started shaking arms. than was taken to nurse ...
More reviews for: Valproic acid, Muscle twitching
On eHealthMe, Valproic Acid (valproic acid) is often used for epilepsy. Find out below the conditions Valproic Acid is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Valproic Acid used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Valproic acid, Muscle twitching
Recent Valproic acid related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Valproic acid, Muscle twitching
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Lansoprazole for a 33-year old woman who has Stomach Pain (50 seconds ago)
- Bactrim Ds, Sprintec for a 22-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Pregnancy (1 minute ago)
- Vyvanse, Vistaril, Seroquel Xr, Trileptal for a 17-year old girl who has ADHD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Bipolar, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood (24 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Peripheral Neuropathy
- Mucinex and Double Vision
- Chest Pain
- Excessive Masturbation
- Fastin for Weight Loss
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (2 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (3 hours ago)
- Skin Depigmentation
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw
- Amiodarone Hydrochloride