Home > Valtrex > Eczema > Valtrex and Eczema
Review: could Valtrex cause Eczema?
Summary: Eczema is found among people who take Valtrex, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Cyanocobalamin, and have Herpes zoster.
We study 15,390 people who have side effects while taking Valtrex from FDA and social media. Among them, 24 have Eczema. Find out below who they are, when they have Eczema and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Valtrex and have Eczema >>>
Valtrex (latest outcomes from 16,438 users) has active ingredients of valacyclovir hydrochloride. It is often used in genital herpes.
Eczema (patches of skin become rough and inflamed, with itching and bleeding blisters) (latest reports from 51,141 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, crohn's disease, asthma.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 15,387 people reported to have side effects when taking Valtrex. Among them, 26 people (0.17%) have Eczema.
Time on Valtrex when people have Eczema * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Eczema when taking Valtrex * :
Severity of Eczema when taking Valtrex ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Eczema ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Herpes zoster (6 people, 23.08%)
- Genital herpes (6 people, 23.08%)
- Diabetes mellitus (3 people, 11.54%)
- Multiple myeloma (3 people, 11.54%)
- Hypertension (3 people, 11.54%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Cyanocobalamin (4 people, 15.38%)
- Zometa (3 people, 11.54%)
- Omeprazole (3 people, 11.54%)
- Norvasc (3 people, 11.54%)
- Bezatol sr (3 people, 11.54%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Eczema while taking Valtrex?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Valtrex and have Eczema
- support group for people who take Valtrex
- support group for people who have Eczema
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can urinary retention cause severe dizziness and lightheartedness?
(Asked by a 24 year old woman who has Nausea, Urinary Retention, Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Eczema, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS))
I had a kidney infection for 1.5 months diagnosed in August this year it took 2 lots of antibiotics to kick it but now I am left with SEVERE urinary retention I had a cystoscopy which only lasted for 24 hours it was done when I was awake so I think that it wasn't very affective by the next morning I ...
- Can you get chills with multiple myeloma?
(Asked by a 61 year old man who has Chills And Multiple Myeloma, and takes Protonix, Acetaminophen, Potassium Chloride 20meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Lasix, Valtrex, Oxycontin, Percocet, Cytoxan, Velcade)
Do multiple myeloma patients have the chills without fever? My husband was diagnosed 2 months ago and has had 2 months of chemo 2x weekly for 3 weeks. He has Velacade and a steroid Decadron. He has also had 3 rounds of cytoxan. Why is he getting chills?
- Can valaciclovir make menstration late?
(Asked by a 27 year old woman who has Late Menstration, and takes Valacyclovir )
my period is now 2 weeks, could this tablet be the cause of it?
- What are some known or reported side effects from a zantac overdose? especially long term side effects?
(Asked by a 1 year old boy who has Blank Stare, Diarrhoea Nos, Stools - Bloody, Skin Infection - Yeast, Choking When Eating, Eczema, Poor Peripheral Circulation, and takes Ranitidine)
My son was born preterm weighing in at 5lbs. During his time in the NICU the doctors diagnosed him with acid reflux and started him on Ranitidine. One day prior to him leaving the NICU I was given a script to be filled for at home use. The dosage was suppose to be .375ml but instead the pharmacy fil ...
- Does marijuana help symptoms of keratitis
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Keratitis Herpetic, and takes Valacyclovir)
dendritic ulcer herpes simplex 1 keratitis, cold sore virus in the eye
More questions for: Valtrex, Eczema
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Eczema after takin xarelto
(Posted by a 20 year old woman who has Eczema, and takes Xarelto)
After the second day of taking Xarelto for a pulmonary embolism, I noticed a red itchy patch on my neck. My doctor identified it as eczema. I've never had it before in my life.
- Anyone else experiencing these rare & unbearable side effects from shingles treatment?
(Posted by a 43 year old woman who has Congenital Varicella Syndrome, Suppressed Immune System Due To Primary Complement Deficiency, Chronic Shingles, and takes Valacyclovir, Valtrex, Acyclovir)
The very day I start treatment I can't stop needing to urinate, can't sleep, and get very shaky and/or have tremors. My BUN/Creatinine levels only become abnormal immediately after I start taking the medication. Nothing helps the insomnia or restlessness.
I've had an active Shingles infection for ...
- Eczema and birth control-microgestin
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Eczema, and takes Imitrex, Westcort, Kenalog, Garcinia Cambogia, Singulair, Ultracet, Baclofen, Percocet, Naproxen, Topamax, Lamotrigine, Seroquel, Microgestin Fe 1/20)
I started getting eczema over the last year and recently decided it may be from the birth control as well, which I started taking @ 2 months before I got the eczema and skin started breaking out...weight gain, etc. I am on singulair, westcort cream, moisture/kenalog, exederm cream, cerevue wash, cet ...
- Valtrex and warfarin
(Posted by a 89 year old man who has Shingles, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Valtrex)
Valtrex was prescribed to be taken every 8 hours. After 4 doses I became extremely cold while outside temperature is 80 degrees and also quite dizzy. I also take 5 mg. of warfarin daily. Although the herpes condition is not fully cleared, I plan to stop Valtrex. I believe the mix has caused my INR ...
- Valtrex 3 months systemic candida
(Posted by a 20 year old woman who has Systemic Candida Caused By Valtres, and takes Lorazepam, Diflucan, Valtrex)
NOTE: IF YOU TAKE VALTREX FOR WHATEVER REASON, EITHER TAKE GOOD PROBIOTICS, OR GET ON A CANDIDA DIET. A MUST. You don't want to run the risk of messing up your colon with leaky gut syndrome after the yeast has done its damage. Please read the following story.
My daughter has been autism spectru ...
More reviews for: Valtrex, Eczema
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium Sulfate, Vitamins, Flonase, Fenofibrate, Niaspan, Lovaza, Valacyclovir Hydrochloride, Androgel, Bystolic, Nexium, Diovan for a patient with Low Magnesium, Fatigue, Post Nasal Drip, High Bloood Triglycerides, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Herpes Gestationis, Low Testosterone, Heart, Gerd, High Blood Pressure. The patient has
Comments: Six weeks on 300 mg once daily of allopurinol for gout taken at night.
Suffering abnormal fatigue that is making work more challenging.
Considering asking doctor to switch to Uloric as an alternative due to fatigue symptoms.
- A study of side effects of Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus), Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin), Eczema (patches of skin become rough and inflamed, with itching and bleeding blisters), Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears)
Comments: I have no ear wax. My ears stop producing wax 4 years ago after a bad case of itching, and after using prescription ear drops and going to the doctor biweekly for a month to let doctor squirt a puff of powder in each ear. After all of this no more ear wax, and I woke up with left ear stopped up, and ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Valacyclovir for a patient with Pain, Shingles. The patient has Testicular Pain
Comments: Shortly after completing a course of valacyclovir for shingles along with ibuprofen for the accompanying pain, I began feeling mild testicular pain in my left testicle which is the side that was affected by the shingles. I still have some residual nerve pain on the areas where the rash was but the r ...
- A study of drug interactions between Alprazolam, Loryna, Xalatan, Azopt for a patient with Stress And Anxiety, Periods - Painful, Glaucoma. The patient has Menstruation - Painful, Menstruation Irregular, Pms, Emotional Distress, Migraine With Aura, Acute Bladder Infection, Allergies, Sexual Intercourse - Painful, Lumpy Breasts, Fatigue - Chronic, Abortion Induced Incomplete, Painful Defaecation, Abdominal Bloating, Abdominal Cramps, Leg Cramping, Diarrhea, Constipation, Nausea, Eczema, Back Pain - Low
Comments: perfect storm? all symptoms started after abortion, been on glaucoma medication for 15 years, cousin on the same meds was diagnosed with a rare form of endometriosis. All my symptoms say endometriosis is possible cause. I just want to know what is wrong with me.
- A study of drug interactions between Valtrex, Valacyclovir, Acyclovir for a patient with Herpes Zoster. The patient has Tremor, Insomnia, Frequent Or Urgent Urination
Comments: The tremors/shakiness are intermittent. It is possible I could have had a constant shingles outbreak for over 7 yrs now due to my severely suppressed immune system. It takes me several weeks to be able to recover from these symptoms once treatment is stopped. However, I'm not sure if there will be i ...
More related studies for: Valtrex, Eczema
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.