Valtrex and Eczema - from FDA reports
Eczema is found among people who take Valtrex, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Eczema with Valtrex. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 22,320 people who have side effects when taking Valtrex from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 27, 2017
22,320 people reported to have side effects when taking Valtrex.
Among them, 39 people (0.17%) have Eczema
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Valtrex when people have Eczema *:
- < 1 month: 91.67 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 8.33 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Eczema when taking Valtrex *:
- female: 82.05 %
- male: 17.95 %
Age of people who have Eczema when taking Valtrex *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 18.52 %
- 30-39: 7.41 %
- 40-49: 7.41 %
- 50-59: 29.63 %
- 60+: 37.04 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (5 people, 12.82%)
- Preventive Health Care (4 people, 10.26%)
- Multiple Myeloma (4 people, 10.26%)
- Diabetes (4 people, 10.26%)
- Neuralgia (3 people, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (5 people, 12.82%)
- Revlimid (4 people, 10.26%)
- Norvasc (4 people, 10.26%)
- Cyanocobalamin (4 people, 10.26%)
- Amaryl (4 people, 10.26%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Headache (8 people, 20.51%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (6 people, 15.38%)
- Malaise (6 people, 15.38%)
- Diarrhea (6 people, 15.38%)
- Rashes (5 people, 12.82%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Eczema when taking Valtrex?
- Check symptoms - is eczema caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsEczema and drugs with ingredients of valacyclovir hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeEczema and Valtrex from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Valtrex has active ingredients of valacyclovir hydrochloride. It is often used in genital herpes. (latest outcomes from Valtrex 23,984 users)
Eczema (patches of skin become rough and inflamed, with itching and bleeding blisters) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, crohn's disease, asthma (latest reports from 14,724 Eczema patients).
Browse all side effects of Valtrexa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with EczemaEczema
Could your condition cause EczemaEczema
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
I have had the itch for about 2 years now. It has been a terrible nuisance but not life threatening. I had progressed under the care of my Dermatologist to a much stronger cortisone cream and even that was not working well. On the advice of my new GP doctor I went to UT Medical in Houston and ...
I have end stage renal disease and was prescribed a dose of valtrex to fight a shingles/herpes outbreak. The dose prescribed was 1 gram 3x per day. I was only able to follow the prescription for 3.5 days as my kidney function caused the valtrex to build up in my system. I became psychotic and ...
Help. Taking paquenil for 3 years and eczema is out of control. One doctor thinks it might be the pacquenil. I don't know whether to go off of it or not. I know it stays in your system for a long time. Has anyone had this problem?