Home > Valtrex > Iritis > Valtrex and Iritis
Review: could Valtrex cause Iritis (Uveitis)?
Summary: Iritis is found among people who take Valtrex, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, also take medication Taxotere, and have Bone marrow transplant.
We study 15,390 people who have side effects while taking Valtrex from FDA and social media. Among them, 10 have Iritis. Find out below who they are, when they have Iritis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Valtrex and have Iritis >>>
Valtrex (latest outcomes from 16,438 users) has active ingredients of valacyclovir hydrochloride. It is often used in genital herpes.
Iritis (painful inflammation of the iris of the eye) (latest reports from 4,513 patients) has been reported by people with ankylosing spondylitis, rheumatoid arthritis, macular degeneration, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 15,387 people reported to have side effects when taking Valtrex. Among them, 10 people (0.06%) have Iritis.
Time on Valtrex when people have Iritis * :
Age of people who have Iritis when taking Valtrex * :
Severity of Iritis when taking Valtrex ** :
How people recovered from Iritis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bone marrow transplant (2 people, 20.00%)
- Metastases to bone (2 people, 20.00%)
- Lipids increased (1 people, 10.00%)
- Herpes ophthalmic (1 people, 10.00%)
- Neuropathy (1 people, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Taxotere (2 people, 20.00%)
- Activase (2 people, 20.00%)
- Coumadin (2 people, 20.00%)
- Megace (2 people, 20.00%)
- Celebrex (2 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Iritis while taking Valtrex?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Valtrex and have Iritis
- support group for people who take Valtrex
- support group for people who have Iritis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can you get chills with multiple myeloma?
(Asked by a 61 year old man who has Chills And Multiple Myeloma, and takes Protonix, Acetaminophen, Potassium Chloride 20meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Lasix, Valtrex, Oxycontin, Percocet, Cytoxan, Velcade)
Do multiple myeloma patients have the chills without fever? My husband was diagnosed 2 months ago and has had 2 months of chemo 2x weekly for 3 weeks. He has Velacade and a steroid Decadron. He has also had 3 rounds of cytoxan. Why is he getting chills?
- Can valaciclovir make menstration late?
(Asked by a 27 year old woman who has Late Menstration, and takes Valacyclovir )
my period is now 2 weeks, could this tablet be the cause of it?
- Does marijuana help symptoms of keratitis
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Keratitis Herpetic, and takes Valacyclovir)
dendritic ulcer herpes simplex 1 keratitis, cold sore virus in the eye
- Severe leg pain with waling or movement also weakness is this related to tendon damage from valacyclovir?
(Asked by a 70 year old woman who has Shingles, and takes Valacyclovir)
Also taking oral transmucosal Fentanyl Citrate for intrapped femerol nerve from
pelvic bone lesions. Many allergies to medications
- I have shingles. been on valacyclovir 500mg, 6 pills daily, for 5 days, and haven't noticed any imrovement. is this normal?
(Asked by a 39 year old man who has Herpes Zoster, and takes Valacyclovir)
Was diagnosed with shingles 5 days ago, but about a week after the first signs, which, at the time, I didn't know were early shingles signs. They started with a dull aching pain on the right side of my abdomen, followed a few days later by the gradual appearance of rash. About 4 days after rash st ...
More questions for: Valtrex, Iritis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Anyone else experiencing these rare & unbearable side effects from shingles treatment?
(Posted by a 43 year old woman who has Congenital Varicella Syndrome, Suppressed Immune System Due To Primary Complement Deficiency, Chronic Shingles, and takes Valacyclovir, Valtrex, Acyclovir)
The very day I start treatment I can't stop needing to urinate, can't sleep, and get very shaky and/or have tremors. My BUN/Creatinine levels only become abnormal immediately after I start taking the medication. Nothing helps the insomnia or restlessness.
I've had an active Shingles infection for ...
- Valtrex and warfarin
(Posted by a 89 year old man who has Shingles, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Valtrex)
Valtrex was prescribed to be taken every 8 hours. After 4 doses I became extremely cold while outside temperature is 80 degrees and also quite dizzy. I also take 5 mg. of warfarin daily. Although the herpes condition is not fully cleared, I plan to stop Valtrex. I believe the mix has caused my INR ...
- Valtrex 3 months systemic candida
(Posted by a 20 year old woman who has Systemic Candida Caused By Valtres, and takes Lorazepam, Diflucan, Valtrex)
NOTE: IF YOU TAKE VALTREX FOR WHATEVER REASON, EITHER TAKE GOOD PROBIOTICS, OR GET ON A CANDIDA DIET. A MUST. You don't want to run the risk of messing up your colon with leaky gut syndrome after the yeast has done its damage. Please read the following story.
My daughter has been autism spectru ...
- Plavix and miscarriage
(Posted by a 46 year old woman who has Miscarriage, Stent Placement, History Of Deep Vein Thrombosis, and takes Plavix, Levothyroxine Sodium, Valtrex, Aspirin)
I have had two miscarriages in the past two years. Both were at 5 weeks 3 days gestation. My doctors think it was my age and not the result of any of my drug regimen.
More reviews for: Valtrex, Iritis
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium Sulfate, Vitamins, Flonase, Fenofibrate, Niaspan, Lovaza, Valacyclovir Hydrochloride, Androgel, Bystolic, Nexium, Diovan for a patient with Low Magnesium, Fatigue, Post Nasal Drip, High Bloood Triglycerides, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Herpes Gestationis, Low Testosterone, Heart, Gerd, High Blood Pressure. The patient has
Comments: Six weeks on 300 mg once daily of allopurinol for gout taken at night.
Suffering abnormal fatigue that is making work more challenging.
Considering asking doctor to switch to Uloric as an alternative due to fatigue symptoms.
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Valacyclovir for a patient with Pain, Shingles. The patient has Testicular Pain
Comments: Shortly after completing a course of valacyclovir for shingles along with ibuprofen for the accompanying pain, I began feeling mild testicular pain in my left testicle which is the side that was affected by the shingles. I still have some residual nerve pain on the areas where the rash was but the r ...
- A study of drug interactions between Valtrex, Valacyclovir, Acyclovir for a patient with Herpes Zoster. The patient has Tremor, Insomnia, Frequent Or Urgent Urination
Comments: The tremors/shakiness are intermittent. It is possible I could have had a constant shingles outbreak for over 7 yrs now due to my severely suppressed immune system. It takes me several weeks to be able to recover from these symptoms once treatment is stopped. However, I'm not sure if there will be i ...
- A study of side effects of Valtrex for a patient with Cold Sore. The patient has Missed Periods (skipped menstrual cycle)
Comments: My husband has been out of town working for 2 months until 2 weeks ago. We had sex on the 28th when he got home & just about everyday thereafter until now. I miscarried a few months ago & my cycles changed obviously but keeping with the dates they have turned into I should have,worse case scenario o ...
- A study of side effects of Valtrex for a patient with Shingles. The patient has Itching, Migraine (headache), Joint Stiffness, Muscle Stiffness (weakness and loss of muscle control due to nerve damage in brain), Stuffy Nose (blockage of the nasal passages usually due to membranes lining the nose becoming swollen from inflamed blood vessels)
Comments: Recurrent shingles for last 1-2 years with them now coming almost as soon as I am off the 7 days 3000 gram course. Two weeks ago during the 5th day of the 3000 per day, I awoke and the muscles of my lower extremities were so tight and rigid I could hardly bend to move. Painful to get around, could b ...
More related studies for: Valtrex, Iritis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.