Home > Valtrex > Iritis > Valtrex and Iritis
Review: could Valtrex cause Iritis (Uveitis)?
We study 15,387 people who have side effects while taking Valtrex from FDA and social media. Among them, 10 have Iritis. Find out below who they are, when they have Iritis and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Valtrex and have Iritis >>>
Valtrex (latest outcomes from 16,437 users) has active ingredients of valacyclovir hydrochloride. It is often used in genital herpes.
Iritis (painful inflammation of the iris of the eye) (latest reports from 18,522 patients) has been reported by people with ankylosing spondylitis, rheumatoid arthritis, macular degeneration, osteoporosis, uveitis.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 15,387 people reported to have side effects when taking Valtrex. Among them, 10 people (0.06%) have Iritis.
Time on Valtrex when people have Iritis * :
Age of people who have Iritis when taking Valtrex * :
Severity of Iritis when taking Valtrex ** :
How people recovered from Iritis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bone marrow transplant (2 people, 20.00%)
- Metastases to bone (2 people, 20.00%)
- Lipids increased (1 people, 10.00%)
- Herpes ophthalmic (1 people, 10.00%)
- Neuropathy (1 people, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Taxotere (2 people, 20.00%)
- Activase (2 people, 20.00%)
- Coumadin (2 people, 20.00%)
- Megace (2 people, 20.00%)
- Celebrex (2 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Iritis while taking Valtrex?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Valtrex and have Iritis
- support group for people who take Valtrex
- support group for people who have Iritis
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Valtrex, Iritis
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Anyone else experiencing these rare & unbearable side effects from shingles treatment?
The very day I start treatment I can't stop needing to urinate, can't sleep, and get very shaky and/or have tremors. My BUN/Creatinine levels only become abnormal immediately after I start taking the medication. Nothing helps the insomnia or restlessness.
I've had an active Shingles infection for ...
- Valtrex and warfarin
Valtrex was prescribed to be taken every 8 hours. After 4 doses I became extremely cold while outside temperature is 80 degrees and also quite dizzy. I also take 5 mg. of warfarin daily. Although the herpes condition is not fully cleared, I plan to stop Valtrex. I believe the mix has caused my INR ...
- Valtrex 3 months systemic candida
NOTE: IF YOU TAKE VALTREX FOR WHATEVER REASON, EITHER TAKE GOOD PROBIOTICS, OR GET ON A CANDIDA DIET. A MUST. You don't want to run the risk of messing up your colon with leaky gut syndrome after the yeast has done its damage. Please read the following story.
My daughter has been autism spectru ...
More reviews for: Valtrex, Iritis
On eHealthMe, Valtrex (valacyclovir hydrochloride) is often used for genital herpes. Find out below the conditions Valtrex is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Valtrex used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Valtrex, Iritis
Recent Valtrex related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Valtrex, Iritis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Tylenol, Benadryl, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft for a 24-year old man who has Pain, Itching, Ulcerative Colitis, Insomnia, Depression (6 minutes ago)
- Nexium, Singulair, Flovent Hfa, Ambien, Seroquel, Prozac for a 33-year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Asthma, Sleep Disorder, Depression (12 minutes ago)
- Daytrana for a 7-year old boy who has Hyperness Adhd (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Chest Pain
- Excessive Masturbation
- Fastin for Weight Loss
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (7 minutes ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (54 minutes ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (2 hours ago)
- Levothyroxine Sodium
- Groin Swelling
- Blood Potassium Increased