Review: could Valtrex cause Iritis (Uveitis)?
Summary: Iritis is found among people who take Valtrex, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, also take medication Taxotere, and have Bone marrow transplant.
We study 15,400 people who have side effects while taking Valtrex from FDA and social media. Among them, 10 have Iritis. Find out below who they are, when they have Iritis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Valtrex and have Iritis >>>
Valtrex has active ingredients of valacyclovir hydrochloride. It is often used in genital herpes. (latest outcomes from 16,448 Valtrex users)
Iritis (painful inflammation of the iris of the eye) has been reported by people with ankylosing spondylitis, rheumatoid arthritis, macular degeneration, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 4,606 Iritis patients)
On Apr, 27, 2015: 15,400 people reported to have side effects when taking Valtrex. Among them, 10 people (0.06%) have Iritis.
Time on Valtrex when people have Iritis * :
Age of people who have Iritis when taking Valtrex * :
Severity of Iritis when taking Valtrex ** :
How people recovered from Iritis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bone marrow transplant (2 people, 20.00%)
- Metastases to bone (2 people, 20.00%)
- Lipids increased (1 people, 10.00%)
- Herpes ophthalmic (1 people, 10.00%)
- Neuropathy (1 people, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Taxotere (2 people, 20.00%)
- Activase (2 people, 20.00%)
- Coumadin (2 people, 20.00%)
- Megace (2 people, 20.00%)
- Celebrex (2 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Valtrex and iritis on
Do you have Iritis while taking Valtrex?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Valtrex and have Iritis
- support group for people who take Valtrex
- support group for people who have Iritis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Fluoxetine for a 60-year old woman with Mood Stabilizer. The patient has Iritis
- A study of side effects of Valtrex for a 29-year old woman with Genital Herpes. The patient has Acne
- A study of side effects of Valacyclovir for a 39-year old woman with Genital Herpes. The patient has Vaginal Bleeding Between Periods
- A study of side effects of Valacyclovir for a 25-year old woman with Epstein-barr Virus Infection. The patient has Insomnia
- A study of drug interactions between Valtrex, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Lortab, Dexilant, Valium, Wellbutrin, Prozac, Simvastatin, Advair Diskus 100/50 for a 52-year old woman with Shingles, Emphysema, Back Pain, Acid Reflux, Anxiety And Stress, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Depression, Cholesterosis. The patient has Anemia
Recent Valtrex related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.