Review: could Valtrex cause Sweating - excessive (Hyperhidrosis)?
Summary: Sweating - excessive is found among people who take Valtrex, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ambien, and have Insomnia.
We study 15,391 people who have side effects while taking Valtrex from FDA and social media. Among them, 144 have Sweating - excessive. Find out below who they are, when they have Sweating - excessive and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Valtrex and have Sweating - excessive >>>
Valtrex has active ingredients of valacyclovir hydrochloride. It is often used in genital herpes. (latest outcomes from Valtrex 16,438 users)
Sweating - excessive
Sweating - excessive (abnormally increased sweating) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Sweating - excessive 42,617 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 15,390 people reported to have side effects when taking Valtrex. Among them, 144 people (0.94%) have Sweating - Excessive.
Time on Valtrex when people have Sweating - excessive * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sweating - excessive||47.06%||23.53%||0.00%||0.00%||29.41%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Sweating - excessive when taking Valtrex * :
|Sweating - excessive||0.00%||0.00%||0.84%||10.08%||14.29%||34.45%||17.65%||22.69% |
Severity of Sweating - excessive when taking Valtrex ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sweating - excessive||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
How people recovered from Sweating - excessive ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sweating - excessive||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Insomnia (14 people, 9.72%)
- Pain (11 people, 7.64%)
- Contraception (11 people, 7.64%)
- Herpes zoster (9 people, 6.25%)
- Hiv infection (9 people, 6.25%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ambien (34 people, 23.61%)
- Cymbalta (32 people, 22.22%)
- Neurontin (29 people, 20.14%)
- Nexium (24 people, 16.67%)
- Flexeril (23 people, 15.97%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sweating - Excessive while taking Valtrex?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Valtrex and have Sweating - Excessive
- support group for people who take Valtrex
- support group for people who have Sweating - Excessive
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Valtrex, Sweating - excessive
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Heavy sweating during sleep
Pain killers like Tylenol 3, vicodin 20 years, Valium and Soma 12 years. Sweat heavy during sleep.
- Anyone else experiencing these rare & unbearable side effects from shingles treatment?
The very day I start treatment I can't stop needing to urinate, can't sleep, and get very shaky and/or have tremors. My BUN/Creatinine levels only become abnormal immediately after I start taking the medication. Nothing helps the insomnia or restlessness.
I've had an active Shingles infection for over a year (maybe much longer). I was born infected to Chicken Pox (which included related birth defects such as Bell's Palsy) along with a severe defect in a protein gene that makes up my primary immune system. Is anyone else experiencing this???????????????????????? If so please get in touch with me. Thank you.
- Valtrex and warfarin
Valtrex was prescribed to be taken every 8 hours. After 4 doses I became extremely cold while outside temperature is 80 degrees and also quite dizzy. I also take 5 mg. of warfarin daily. Although the herpes condition is not fully cleared, I plan to stop Valtrex. I believe the mix has caused my INR to rise too high. ny comments ? Its Sunday. No need to say more.
- Valtrex 3 months systemic candida
NOTE: IF YOU TAKE VALTREX FOR WHATEVER REASON, EITHER TAKE GOOD PROBIOTICS, OR GET ON A CANDIDA DIET. A MUST. You don't want to run the risk of messing up your colon with leaky gut syndrome after the yeast has done its damage. Please read the following story.
My daughter has been autism spectrum her whole life but in December she really went crazy. She had PANDAS, (Pediatric autoimmune disorder associated with strep) Actually 3 bacterias and 17 viruses now associated with this syndrome. the antibodies to infant viruses and exposure to HSV1 (fever blisters) turned autoimmune and attacked the basal galia of her brain creating severe OCD, separation anxiety and irrational thoughts. The doctor put her on Valtrex 3 X day. He said it could produce yeast overgrowth take a probiotic. we did, one a day (not near enough) She had been cured! At 19 she came alive neighbors cried, her boss followed me to the car to say how great she was doing, talking, lively, social. etc. She started Valtrex 12/24/13. Life was good. I got her a smart phone (never thought she could use one) Then April of 2014 showed signs of hypoglycemia (yeast overgrowth)unknown at the time. Then May 1 had a nasty stomach bug. Went to family practice & ER. Its a bug going around. Well finally had the immunologist check for yeast, when she lost her memory and can't function without asking anything first. It's systemic Candida. The bloodtest showed the yeast was in her blood. You can also see it on her tongue. Causing memory loss, severe stomach upset, bloating, gas, burping. She cries every time she eats. We are on day 11 of Diflucan to kill the yeast. Oh yes, then the yeast dies and the toxins released by the critters produces symptons that are just as bad. Terrible fatigue, joint pain, low grade fever, flushed face. I went to the health food store and bought some homeopathic liquid that helps the symptoms.
My daughter has been sick for ONE month.
Will we return to Valtrex? yes. with caution. My daughter 'was here' from 12/24/13 to May 1 2014. Then I lost her to yeast. We will get her back.
Just be sure and take probiotic, especially if you know you are prone to yeast infections. Once it is in your whole system, you would wish it was just an itch!
- Plavix and miscarriage
I have had two miscarriages in the past two years. Both were at 5 weeks 3 days gestation. My doctors think it was my age and not the result of any of my drug regimen.
More reviews for: Valtrex, Sweating - excessive
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I sweat within 1/2 hour of taking the medication. If I take the prescribed dose and even if I take extra for breakthrough pain, the same symptoms happen. Some days are worse than others. I am opiate tolerant and have been taking oxycodone for over 5 years.
- Six weeks on 300 mg once daily of allopurinol for gout taken at night.
Suffering abnormal fatigue that is making work more challenging.
Considering asking doctor to switch to Uloric as an alternative due to fatigue symptoms.
- Within 3 to 4 months of starting ABILIFY, I gained about 40 pounds. As for the akathisia (feeling of restlessness or shaking on the inside), it wasn't bad until my dose got to 15mg. Eventually it went away and I still take 15mg/day. (haven't been able to lose much weight though. Side effects with ...
- Shortly after completing a course of valacyclovir for shingles along with ibuprofen for the accompanying pain, I began feeling mild testicular pain in my left testicle which is the side that was affected by the shingles. I still have some residual nerve pain on the areas where the rash was but the r ...
- Always had some low back pain and hip click on right side without pain, worsened with Effexor in past few months. Only on right side with knee pain now and crepitus in knee. Thigh pain in right side to knee and now radiating to right ankle (inner) and Achilles. Fatigue worsened and lack motivation ...
More related studies for: Valtrex, Sweating - excessive
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.