Vancomycin hcl and Liver function test abnormal - from FDA reports
Liver function test abnormal is found among people who take Vancomycin Hcl, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Meropenem, and have Bacteraemia . We study 2,817 people who have side effects while taking Vancomycin hcl from FDA. Among them, 13 have Liver function test abnormal. Find out below who they are, when they have Liver function test abnormal and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
Vancomycin hcl has active ingredients of vancomycin hydrochloride. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Vancomycin hcl 2,903 users)
Liver Function Test Abnormal
Liver function test abnormal has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 28,484 Liver function test abnormal patients).
On Jan, 26, 2017
2,817 people reported to have side effects when taking Vancomycin Hcl.
Among them, 13 people (0.46%) have Liver Function Test Abnormal
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Vancomycin Hcl when people have Liver Function Test Abnormal *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Liver Function Test Abnormal when taking Vancomycin Hcl *:
- female: 46.15 %
- male: 53.85 %
Age of people who have Liver Function Test Abnormal when taking Vancomycin Hcl *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 16.67 %
- 20-29: 8.33 %
- 30-39: 8.33 %
- 40-49: 33.33 %
- 50-59: 8.33 %
- 60+: 25.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Bacteraemia (3 people, 23.08%)
- Sepsis (2 people, 15.38%)
- Pain (2 people, 15.38%)
- Heavy Or Prolong Menstrual Bleeding (2 people, 15.38%)
- Blood Culture Positive (2 people, 15.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Meropenem (4 people, 30.77%)
- Zofran (3 people, 23.08%)
- Neupogen (3 people, 23.08%)
- Flagyl (3 people, 23.08%)
- Diflucan (3 people, 23.08%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fever (7 people, 53.85%)
- Skin Exfoliation (5 people, 38.46%)
- Lymph Follicular Hypertrophy (5 people, 38.46%)
- Drug Rash With Eosinophilia And Systemic Symptoms (4 people, 30.77%)
- Abdominal Pain (4 people, 30.77%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Liver function test abnormal when taking Vancomycin hcl?
- Check symptoms - is liver function test abnormal caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Browse all side effects of Vancomycin hcla b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Liver function test abnormalLiver function test abnormal
Could your condition cause Liver function test abnormalLiver function test abnormal
Can you answer these questions?
Was on metronidazole for c diff which didn't work to get rid of it. Wondering now if this oral vancomycin medication will do the job that the other couldn't do. So far this new medication has given me a very bad stiff neck. Has anyone taken this and it cured your c diff.
You may be interested in these reviews
hi i have hep c sense 2000 my i,ve had the usual meds interfuren and the peg no help so i just took care of my self for 16 years until i got a new med morphine sulfate 15 mg my labs shot from ast 66 alt 71 to almost double so be careful with new meds for pain i have had a scan and found a new ...