Home > Vancomycin hcl > Liver function test abnormal > Vancomycin hcl and Liver function test abnormal
Review: could Vancomycin hcl cause Liver function test abnormal?
Summary: Liver function test abnormal is found among people who take Vancomycin hcl, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Meropenem, and have Bacteraemia.
We study 2,164 people who have side effects while taking Vancomycin hcl from FDA and social media. Among them, 10 have Liver function test abnormal. Find out below who they are, when they have Liver function test abnormal and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Vancomycin hcl and have Liver function test abnormal >>>
Vancomycin hcl (latest outcomes from 2,211 users) has active ingredients of vancomycin hydrochloride. It is often used in infection.
Liver function test abnormal
Liver function test abnormal (latest reports from 121,018 patients) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, depression.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 2,162 people reported to have side effects when taking Vancomycin hcl. Among them, 10 people (0.46%) have Liver Function Test Abnormal.
Time on Vancomycin hcl when people have Liver function test abnormal * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Liver function test abnormal||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Liver function test abnormal when taking Vancomycin hcl * :
|Liver function test abnormal||54.55%||45.45% |
Age of people who have Liver function test abnormal when taking Vancomycin hcl * :
|Liver function test abnormal||0.00%||0.00%||22.22%||0.00%||11.11%||22.22%||11.11%||33.33% |
Severity of Liver function test abnormal when taking Vancomycin hcl ** :
How people recovered from Liver function test abnormal ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bacteraemia (3 people, 30.00%)
- Menorrhagia (2 people, 20.00%)
- Brain abscess (2 people, 20.00%)
- Blood culture positive (2 people, 20.00%)
- Sepsis (2 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Meropenem (4 people, 40.00%)
- Diflucan (3 people, 30.00%)
- Morphine (3 people, 30.00%)
- Zofran (2 people, 20.00%)
- Benadryl (2 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Liver Function Test Abnormal while taking Vancomycin Hcl?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Vancomycin hcl and have Liver Function Test Abnormal
- support group for people who take Vancomycin hcl
- support group for people who have Liver Function Test Abnormal
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I am on propranolol 10mg 3tad i now have a stomach bug and have been prescribed vancomycin, is it safe to take both together
(Asked by a 68 year old woman who has Essential Tremor, and takes Vancomycin Hydrochloride, Propranolol Hydrochloride)
I have a very bad stomach bug, can this be caused by use propranolol, and is it safe and will the vancomycin work, while i am taken propranolol
- Can mrsa cause chronic intestinal pseudo obstruction?
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has Adhesion, Chronic Intestinal Pseudo-obstruction, MRSA Infection, Upper GI And Small Bowel Series, and takes Atropine, Mebeverine Hydrochloride, Lactulose, Diclofenac Sodium And Misoprostol, Topiramate, Morphine, Vancomycin Hcl)
I had a small bowel obstruction caused by adhesions from an appendectomy carried out 20yrs previously and had grumbling pain ever since but been labelled a malingerer by my family GP until one day at work when I started with terrible tummy ache and sickness like I'd never known, fetching up bile wit ...
- How long did the hives/itching eyes last?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Psoriasis, and takes Daptomycin, Bactrim, Levaquin, Vancomycin Hydrochloride, Clindamycin Phosphate In Dextrose 5%)
had back to back allergic reactions to iv abx - after clinda (april 2014) developed sjs - still having hives around my eyes, watering, and severe itching. have been on 4x dose zyrtec, prn benadryl. when will this go away?
- How do i get rid of this red man syndrome
(Asked by a 48 year old woman who has Infection In Total Knee, and takes Vancomycin Hydrochloride)
This all started March 12th when I had to go in and take the knee out and put in a concrete spacer and I had a pick line and I was getting vancomycin which started this condition called Red Man Syndrome, its a Horrible rash and I think its going away and then it re appears I Need Help Please.
- Does mrsa affect your memory and thought process
(Asked by a 54 year old man who has MRSA Infection Of The Hip, Is In The Bone , and takes Vancomycin Hydrochloride)
Level 10 pain almost constant. Nothing seems to help. I am hospitalized now going on a month
More questions for: Vancomycin hcl, Liver function test abnormal
More reviews for: Vancomycin hcl, Liver function test abnormal
- A study of side effects of Taxotere for a patient with Cancer - Breast. The patient has Liver Function Test Abnormal
Comments: my liver function test is abnormal. my chemotherapy was cancelled. Pending liver function test next week results.
- A study of drug interactions between Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a patient with Bacterial Infection. The patient has Swollen Big Toe And Foot
Comments: I had a hip reconstruction due to toxic levels of cobalt & titanium ball and rod. Five petri dishes of tissue were taken at surgical site and a bacteria was found in one petri dish which could have actually been in the tissue or could have been dropped on the petri dish by anyone handling the sampl ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vancocin Hydrochloride In Plastic Container, Vancomycin Hcl for a patient with Respiratory Distress. The patient has White Blood Cell Count Increased, Renal Failure Chronic, Renal Vein Thrombosis, Respiratory Distress
Comments: Patient was given medication for over two months; then passed away due to respiratory distress, renal failure, and other complications. Showed signs of allergic reaction but physicians did not stop treatment.
- A study of side effects of Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a patient with MRSA Infection. The patient has Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)
Comments: Nausea, diarrhea, fatigue, loss of appetite, sleep difficulty
- A study of side effects of Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a patient with Pseudogout. The patient has Knee Swelling, Severe Pain, Unable To Bear Weight
Comments: negative cultures; reoccurring swelling even after aspiration; injected with cortisone, not effective; course of prednisone, not effective; open aspiration and flushing, on vanco waiting for culture reports.
More related studies for: Vancomycin hcl, Liver function test abnormal
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Hashimoto's Disease and Molar Pregnancy
- Headache and Minoxidil
- Hepatic Cirrhosis and Hypercapnia
- Maxalt and Hair Loss
- Myrbetriq and Hyponatraemia
- Can ciliapram cause emphysemia
Answer: I too have taken citalopram, for fibromyalgia pain, and wa ... (20 hours ago)
- Can chewing tobacco effect results of velcade on myeloma
Father has been on and off Velcade for Multiple Myeloma ov ... (1 day ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: You must take sulfasalizine with food to avoid stomach iss ... (1 day ago)
Recent user reviews
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (15 hours ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,t ... (19 hours ago)
- Headache after propofol
Was given Propofol while having Colonoscopy and Endoscopy. ... (24 hours ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Depo-provera, Metadate Cd for a 20-year old woman who has Birth Control, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (2 minutes ago)
- Orsythia for a 21-year old woman who has Pregnancy On Oral Contraceptive (51 minutes ago)
- Lorazepam, Hydroxyzine, Risperidone for a 17-year old boy who has Anxiety Disorder, Tourette Syndrome (1 hour ago)
- Dexilant, Crestor, Metoprolol Succinate, Lisinopril, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Clopidogrel for a 44-year old man who has Acid Reflux, Blood Cholesterol Decreased, Blood Pressure Systolic Decreased, Blood Pressure Decreased, Heart Disease, Blood Thinner (2 hours ago)
- Maxalt for a 46-year old woman who has Migraine - Classic (2 hours ago)