Review: could Vancomycin hcl cause Tachycardia?
Summary: Tachycardia is found among people who take Vancomycin hcl, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zofran, and have Pain.
We study 2,164 people who have side effects while taking Vancomycin hcl from FDA and social media. Among them, 71 have Tachycardia. Find out below who they are, when they have Tachycardia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Vancomycin hcl and have Tachycardia >>>
Vancomycin hcl has active ingredients of vancomycin hydrochloride. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Vancomycin hcl 2,211 users)
Tachycardia (a heart rate that exceeds the range of 100 beats/min) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, schizophrenia, pain, osteoporosis.(latest reports from Tachycardia 47,361 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 2,164 people reported to have side effects when taking Vancomycin hcl. Among them, 71 people (3.28%) have Tachycardia.
Time on Vancomycin hcl when people have Tachycardia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Tachycardia when taking Vancomycin hcl * :
Age of people who have Tachycardia when taking Vancomycin hcl * :
Severity of Tachycardia when taking Vancomycin hcl ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Tachycardia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (8 people, 11.27%)
- Prophylaxis (6 people, 8.45%)
- Anxiety (4 people, 5.63%)
- Staphylococcal infection (4 people, 5.63%)
- Insomnia (3 people, 4.23%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zofran (19 people, 26.76%)
- Bactrim (17 people, 23.94%)
- Lasix (16 people, 22.54%)
- Furosemide (15 people, 21.13%)
- Ativan (12 people, 16.90%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tachycardia while taking Vancomycin Hcl?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Vancomycin hcl and have Tachycardia
- support group for people who take Vancomycin hcl
- support group for people who have Tachycardia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I am on propranolol 10mg 3tad i now have a stomach bug and have been prescribed vancomycin, is it safe to take both together
(Asked by a 68 year old woman who has Essential Tremor, and takes Vancomycin Hydrochloride, Propranolol Hydrochloride)
I have a very bad stomach bug, can this be caused by use propranolol, and is it safe and will the vancomycin work, while i am taken propranolol
- Can mrsa cause chronic intestinal pseudo obstruction?
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has Adhesion, Chronic Intestinal Pseudo-obstruction, MRSA Infection, Upper GI And Small Bowel Series, and takes Atropine, Mebeverine Hydrochloride, Lactulose, Diclofenac Sodium And Misoprostol, Topiramate, Morphine, Vancomycin Hcl)
I had a small bowel obstruction caused by adhesions from an appendectomy carried out 20yrs previously and had grumbling pain ever since but been labelled a malingerer by my family GP until one day at work when I started with terrible tummy ache and sickness like I'd never known, fetching up bile wit ...
- Has abilify affected your ability to make good decisions?
(Asked by a 73 year old woman who has Tachycardia, Depression, Fibromyalgia, Anemia, Barrett's Esophagus, Temporal Arteritis, Restless Leg Syndrome, Disautonomia, Autoimmune Retinopathy, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Myasthenia Gravis, Addison's Disease, and takes Abilify)
My husband and I are 73. We had a paid off home and money in the bank until the past 3 years. We have made some terrible decisions and now we are practically penniless. We couldn't understand why we had made such bad decisions and let someone talk us into losing our money. We have also been on A ...
- How long did the hives/itching eyes last?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Psoriasis, and takes Daptomycin, Bactrim, Levaquin, Vancomycin Hydrochloride, Clindamycin Phosphate In Dextrose 5%)
had back to back allergic reactions to iv abx - after clinda (april 2014) developed sjs - still having hives around my eyes, watering, and severe itching. have been on 4x dose zyrtec, prn benadryl. when will this go away?
- How do i get rid of this red man syndrome (1 answer)
(Asked by a 48 year old woman who has Infection In Total Knee, and takes Vancomycin Hydrochloride)
This all started March 12th when I had to go in and take the knee out and put in a concrete spacer and I had a pick line and I was getting vancomycin which started this condition called Red Man Syndrome, its a Horrible rash and I think its going away and then it re appears I Need Help Please.
More questions for: Vancomycin hcl, Tachycardia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Heavy sweating during sleep
(Posted by a 62 year old man who has Stent 3 Years Ago RCA, Heart Attack, Prostate Infection, Fractures Nonunion, Tachycardia, Low Blood Pressure, Sweating - Excessive, and takes Saw Palmetto Berry, Valium, Norco, Soma)
Pain killers like Tylenol 3, vicodin 20 years, Valium and Soma 12 years. Sweat heavy during sleep.
- Hypercalcemia during use of fluconizole over 6 months
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Nausea And Vomiting, Tachycardia, Hypercalcemia, and takes Fluconazole, Cartia Xt, Benicar, Coumadin, Cymbalta)
Post diverticulitis surgery multiple my mother was on multiple antibiotics but the most consistent one was Fluconizole. After release, she was slowly taken off other antibiotics being left on Fluconizole for abscesses that would not go away and eventually needed to be surgically removed. After rep ...
- My near-death experience with disopyramide phosphate
(Posted by a 71 year old woman who has Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy, Atrial Fibrillation, Tachycardia, and takes Disopyramide Phosphate)
I experienced extreme toxicity requiring Emergency Room treatment and intensive care (6 days). I was not expected to live, with liver and kidney failure and hypoglycemia (Glucose level was 27 before entering hospital). A Billings, Montana cardiologist prescribed Disopyramide Phosphate in August 2011 ...
More reviews for: Vancomycin hcl, Tachycardia
- A study of side effects of Avelox for a patient with Sinus Infection. The patient has Tachycardia (a heart rate that exceeds the range of 100 beats/min), Skin Redness Or Inflammation (redness)
Comments: I have what seems like a very moderate to severe reaction to the antibiotic Avelox. My doctor said the reaction is called "Red Man Syndrome". All I know is my skin turns red, is tender to the touch and my heart races. It was a very scary reaction.
- A study of drug interactions between Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a patient with Bacterial Infection. The patient has Swollen Big Toe And Foot
Comments: I had a hip reconstruction due to toxic levels of cobalt & titanium ball and rod. Five petri dishes of tissue were taken at surgical site and a bacteria was found in one petri dish which could have actually been in the tissue or could have been dropped on the petri dish by anyone handling the sampl ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vancocin Hydrochloride In Plastic Container, Vancomycin Hcl for a patient with Respiratory Distress. The patient has White Blood Cell Count Increased, Renal Failure Chronic, Renal Vein Thrombosis, Respiratory Distress
Comments: Patient was given medication for over two months; then passed away due to respiratory distress, renal failure, and other complications. Showed signs of allergic reaction but physicians did not stop treatment.
- A study of drug interactions between Methamphetamine Hydrochloride, Strattera, Ritalin, Phentermine, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Zorvolex, Olanzapine, Seroquel Xr, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Perindopril Erbumine, Lamotrigine, Mirtazapine for a patient with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Obesity, Insomnia, Arthritis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Bipolar 1, Major Depressive Disorder, Tachycardia, Sleeplessness, Diabetes, Obesity, Attention Deficit/hyperactivity Disorder, Insomnia, Generalised Anxiety Disorder
Comments: i'm pretty much the most comlex case 4 psychiatrists, 3 psychologists, a nuero scientist/adult mood disorder specialised doctor, 3 gp's, 2 naturopaths and an adhd specialist have ever come accross. i'm basically a pharmacy on legs with over 32types of medications tried in 13 months including those i ...
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Sumatriptan, Metoprolol Succinate, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Tramadol for a patient with Nerve Pain, Migraine, Tachycardia, Insomnia, Spinal Stenosis. The patient has Frequent Bowel Movements, Depression, Menstruation Irregular, Tremor, Fatigue, Stomach Pain, Lightheadedness, Muscle Weakness, Shortness Of Breath, Tachycardia, Increased Tendency To Bruise, Slurred Speech, Short-term Memory Loss, Seizures, Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Hair Loss, Pain In Upper Left Rib That Goes Around To Back, Shoulder Blade, Neck Pain, Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Migraine
Comments: My most severe symptoms would be the shortness of breath, muscle weakness and this chronic pain under my left rib that goes around to my back and up to my shoulder blade. Occasionally that pain will go to my left chest, clavicle and jaw. But all of my pain is on the left side. I have degenerative di ...
More related studies for: Vancomycin hcl, Tachycardia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.