Review: could Vancomycin hcl cause Tachycardia?
Summary: Tachycardia is found among people who take Vancomycin hcl, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zofran, and have Pain.
We study 2,164 people who have side effects while taking Vancomycin hcl from FDA and social media. Among them, 71 have Tachycardia. Find out below who they are, when they have Tachycardia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Vancomycin hcl and have Tachycardia >>>
Vancomycin hcl has active ingredients of vancomycin hydrochloride. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from 2,211 Vancomycin hcl users)
Tachycardia (a heart rate that exceeds the range of 100 beats/min) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, schizophrenia, pain, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 47,883 Tachycardia patients)
On Mar, 7, 2015: 2,164 people reported to have side effects when taking Vancomycin hcl. Among them, 71 people (3.28%) have Tachycardia.
Time on Vancomycin hcl when people have Tachycardia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Tachycardia when taking Vancomycin hcl * :
Age of people who have Tachycardia when taking Vancomycin hcl * :
Severity of Tachycardia when taking Vancomycin hcl ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Tachycardia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (8 people, 11.27%)
- Prophylaxis (6 people, 8.45%)
- Anxiety (4 people, 5.63%)
- Staphylococcal infection (4 people, 5.63%)
- Insomnia (3 people, 4.23%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zofran (19 people, 26.76%)
- Bactrim (17 people, 23.94%)
- Lasix (16 people, 22.54%)
- Furosemide (15 people, 21.13%)
- Ativan (12 people, 16.90%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tachycardia while taking Vancomycin Hcl?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Vancomycin hcl and have Tachycardia
- support group for people who take Vancomycin hcl
- support group for people who have Tachycardia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Claritin, Lorazepam, Pantoprazole, Metoprolol Succinate, Biotin, Zoloft, Gabapentin for a 19-year old girl with Allergy, Anxiety Disorder, Acid Reflux, Tachycardia, Keratosis Pilaris, Migraine With Aura. The patient has Blurred Vision, Double Vision, Cold Exposure - Extremities, Sweating Decreased, Sweating, Seizure - Tonic-clonic, Brain Injury, Gastroparesis, Low Blood Pressure, Dizziness, Tachycardia
- A study of side effects of Adderall 20 for a 24-year old woman with ADHD. The patient has Tachycardia (a heart rate that exceeds the range of 100 beats/min)
- A study of drug interactions between Triamcinolone Acetonide, Bactrim, Ciprofloxacin, Methadone Hydrochloride, Oxycodone, Vitamin D, Zomig, Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a 56-year old woman with Atopic Eczema, Kidney Infection, Uti - Acute, Fibromyalgia, Joint Pain, Migraine, C. Difficile Colitis. The patient has Atopic Eczema, Uti - Acute, Fibromyalgia, Migraine, C. Difficile Colitis, Pain - Bones
Recent Vancomycin hcl related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Moexipril Hydrochloride And Hydrochlorothiazide, Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a 88-year old woman who has Infection
- Comparions of Vancomycin Hydrochloride, Zyvox for a 57-year old woman who has MRSA Infection
- Comparions of Lexapro, A-hydrocort, Prednisone, Vancomycin Hydrochloride, Zytiga for a 65-year old man who has Prostate Cancer Stage Iv
- Comparions of Vancocin Hydrochloride, Atorvastatin Calcium, Linezolid, Rifampin for a 59-year old man who has Undefined
- Comparions of Tamiflu (Roche) - EQ 75MG BASE, Vancomycin Hydrochloride (Abraxis Pharm) - EQ 1GM BASE/VIAL for a 92-year old woman who has Prophylaxis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.