Review: could Vancomycin hydrochloride cause Deafness (Hearing loss)?
Summary: Deafness is found among people who take Vancomycin hydrochloride, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Trasylol, and have Patent ductus arteriosus.
We study 2,339 people who have side effects while taking Vancomycin hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 11 have Deafness. Find out below who they are, when they have Deafness and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Vancomycin hydrochloride and have Deafness >>>
Vancomycin hydrochloride has active ingredients of vancomycin hydrochloride. It is often used in mrsa infection. (latest outcomes from 2,408 Vancomycin hydrochloride users)
Deafness has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 10,392 Deafness patients)
On Mar, 8, 2015: 2,339 people reported to have side effects when taking Vancomycin hydrochloride. Among them, 15 people (0.64%) have Deafness.
Time on Vancomycin hydrochloride when people have Deafness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Deafness when taking Vancomycin hydrochloride * :
Age of people who have Deafness when taking Vancomycin hydrochloride * :
Severity of Deafness when taking Vancomycin hydrochloride ** :
How people recovered from Deafness ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Patent ductus arteriosus (2 people, 13.33%)
- Staphylococcal sepsis (1 people, 6.67%)
- Meningitis bacterial (1 people, 6.67%)
- Staphylococcal infection (1 people, 6.67%)
- Infection (1 people, 6.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Trasylol (3 people, 20.00%)
- Prednisolone (2 people, 13.33%)
- Carboplatin (2 people, 13.33%)
- Etoposide (2 people, 13.33%)
- Famotidine (2 people, 13.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of vancomycin hydrochloride and deafness on
Do you have Deafness while taking Vancomycin Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Vancomycin hydrochloride and have Deafness
- support group for people who take Vancomycin hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Deafness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Prozac for a 62-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Hearing Loss
- A study of side effects of Allopurinol for a 58-year old man with Gouty Arthritis. The patient has Hearing Loss
- A study of side effects of Chlorella for a 26-year old woman with Ibs. The patient has Hearing Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Singulair, Zyrtec, Mucinex, Centrum Silver, Tekturna, Travatan Z for a 55-year old woman with Nasal Allergies, Enzyme Supplementation, Hypertension, Glaucoma. The patient has Vertigo, Hearing Loss
- A study of side effects of Lovaza for a 85-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Paralysis Spastic (excl Congenital), Hearing Loss, Hand Tremor, Sneezing, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness (unusual prickling sensations), Loose Bowel Movements (weak bowel movement), Breathing Difficulty - Lying Down, Short-term Memory Loss, Nasal Congestion (blockage of the nasal passages usually due to membranes lining the nose becoming swollen from inflamed blood vessels), Cough, Watery Eyes (excess tearing from eye)
Recent Vancomycin hydrochloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Moexipril Hydrochloride And Hydrochlorothiazide, Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a 88-year old woman who has Infection
- Comparions of Vancomycin Hydrochloride, Zyvox for a 57-year old woman who has MRSA Infection
- Comparions of Lexapro, A-hydrocort, Prednisone, Vancomycin Hydrochloride, Zytiga for a 65-year old man who has Prostate Cancer Stage Iv
- Comparions of Vancocin Hydrochloride, Atorvastatin Calcium, Linezolid, Rifampin for a 59-year old man who has Undefined
- Comparions of Tamiflu (Roche) - EQ 75MG BASE, Vancomycin Hydrochloride (Abraxis Pharm) - EQ 1GM BASE/VIAL for a 92-year old woman who has Prophylaxis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.