Review: could Vancomycin hydrochloride cause Deafness (Hearing loss)?
Summary: Deafness is found among people who take Vancomycin hydrochloride, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Trasylol, and have Patent ductus arteriosus.
We study 2,335 people who have side effects while taking Vancomycin hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 11 have Deafness. Find out below who they are, when they have Deafness and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Vancomycin hydrochloride and have Deafness >>>
Vancomycin hydrochloride has active ingredients of vancomycin hydrochloride. It is often used in mrsa infection. (latest outcomes from Vancomycin hydrochloride 2,404 users)
Deafness has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Deafness 10,219 patients)
On Dec, 3, 2014: 2,335 people reported to have side effects when taking Vancomycin hydrochloride. Among them, 15 people (0.64%) have Deafness.
Time on Vancomycin hydrochloride when people have Deafness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Deafness when taking Vancomycin hydrochloride * :
Age of people who have Deafness when taking Vancomycin hydrochloride * :
Severity of Deafness when taking Vancomycin hydrochloride ** :
How people recovered from Deafness ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Patent ductus arteriosus (2 people, 13.33%)
- Staphylococcal sepsis (1 people, 6.67%)
- Meningitis bacterial (1 people, 6.67%)
- Staphylococcal infection (1 people, 6.67%)
- Infection (1 people, 6.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Trasylol (3 people, 20.00%)
- Prednisolone (2 people, 13.33%)
- Carboplatin (2 people, 13.33%)
- Etoposide (2 people, 13.33%)
- Famotidine (2 people, 13.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Deafness while taking Vancomycin Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Vancomycin hydrochloride and have Deafness
- support group for people who take Vancomycin hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Deafness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I am on propranolol 10mg 3tad i now have a stomach bug and have been prescribed vancomycin, is it safe to take both together
(Asked by a 68 year old woman who has Essential Tremor, and takes Vancomycin Hydrochloride, Propranolol Hydrochloride)
I have a very bad stomach bug, can this be caused by use propranolol, and is it safe and will the vancomycin work, while i am taken propranolol
- Can mrsa cause chronic intestinal pseudo obstruction?
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has Adhesion, Chronic Intestinal Pseudo-obstruction, MRSA Infection, Upper GI And Small Bowel Series, and takes Atropine, Mebeverine Hydrochloride, Lactulose, Diclofenac Sodium And Misoprostol, Topiramate, Morphine, Vancomycin Hcl)
I had a small bowel obstruction caused by adhesions from an appendectomy carried out 20yrs previously and had grumbling pain ever since but been labelled a malingerer by my family GP until one day at work when I started with terrible tummy ache and sickness like I'd never known, fetching up bile wit ...
- How long did the hives/itching eyes last?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Psoriasis, and takes Daptomycin, Bactrim, Levaquin, Vancomycin Hydrochloride, Clindamycin Phosphate In Dextrose 5%)
had back to back allergic reactions to iv abx - after clinda (april 2014) developed sjs - still having hives around my eyes, watering, and severe itching. have been on 4x dose zyrtec, prn benadryl. when will this go away?
- How do i get rid of this red man syndrome (1 answer)
(Asked by a 48 year old woman who has Infection In Total Knee, and takes Vancomycin Hydrochloride)
This all started March 12th when I had to go in and take the knee out and put in a concrete spacer and I had a pick line and I was getting vancomycin which started this condition called Red Man Syndrome, its a Horrible rash and I think its going away and then it re appears I Need Help Please.
- Does mrsa affect your memory and thought process
(Asked by a 54 year old man who has MRSA Infection Of The Hip, Is In The Bone , and takes Vancomycin Hydrochloride)
Level 10 pain almost constant. Nothing seems to help. I am hospitalized now going on a month
More questions for: Vancomycin hydrochloride, Deafness
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Zetia causes deafness
(Posted by a 23 year old man who has Deafness, and takes Zetia)
Took for two weeks and now have complete deafness. This was back in 2012.
- Isoniazid and deafness
(Posted by a 34 year old woman who has Hearing Loss, and takes Isoniazid)
As a young girl I was put on Isoniazid, I didn't put 2 and 2 together but after taking the inh I started loosing my hearing to the point I'm completely deaf in my left ear. I have found a few people having report that they lost their hearing also. I'm just curious as to about how many people have ha ...
More reviews for: Vancomycin hydrochloride, Deafness
- A study of drug interactions between Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a patient with Bacterial Infection. The patient has Swollen Big Toe And Foot
Comments: I had a hip reconstruction due to toxic levels of cobalt & titanium ball and rod. Five petri dishes of tissue were taken at surgical site and a bacteria was found in one petri dish which could have actually been in the tissue or could have been dropped on the petri dish by anyone handling the sampl ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vancocin Hydrochloride In Plastic Container, Vancomycin Hcl for a patient with Respiratory Distress. The patient has White Blood Cell Count Increased, Renal Failure Chronic, Renal Vein Thrombosis, Respiratory Distress
Comments: Patient was given medication for over two months; then passed away due to respiratory distress, renal failure, and other complications. Showed signs of allergic reaction but physicians did not stop treatment.
- A study of drug interactions between Topamax, Risperdal, Xanax, Klonopin, Lamictal, Viibryd for a patient with Bipolar 2, Mania, Panic Attacks, Anxiety, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Depression. The patient has Hearing Loss
Comments: I have experienced hearing loss within the past 8 years and wondered if it had to do with medications I have taken. I have taken others during that time including Abilify, Trileptal, Effexor. I recently have noticed a decrease in my hearing.
- A study of side effects of Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a patient with Pseudogout. The patient has Knee Swelling, Severe Pain, Unable To Bear Weight
Comments: negative cultures; reoccurring swelling even after aspiration; injected with cortisone, not effective; course of prednisone, not effective; open aspiration and flushing, on vanco waiting for culture reports.
- A study of side effects of Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a patient with Infection In Upper Right Arm. The patient has Cellititus
Comments: infection in upper right arm pit, turned into 3 large masses, given the drug thru a pic line then my liver kidneys and other organs started failing, after week n half on this drug then 2 days after released from hospital i had a luncar stroke
More related studies for: Vancomycin hydrochloride, Deafness
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.