Review: could Vancomycin hydrochloride cause Hypokalemia?
Summary: Hypokalemia is found among people who take Vancomycin hydrochloride, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ambisome, and have Fungal infection.
We study 2,339 people who have side effects while taking Vancomycin hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 58 have Hypokalemia. Find out below who they are, when they have Hypokalemia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Vancomycin hydrochloride and have Hypokalemia >>>
Vancomycin hydrochloride has active ingredients of vancomycin hydrochloride. It is often used in mrsa infection. (latest outcomes from 2,408 Vancomycin hydrochloride users)
Hypokalemia (low potassium) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, depression, multiple myeloma. (latest reports from 24,872 Hypokalemia patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 2,339 people reported to have side effects when taking Vancomycin hydrochloride. Among them, 58 people (2.48%) have Hypokalemia.
Time on Vancomycin hydrochloride when people have Hypokalemia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Hypokalemia when taking Vancomycin hydrochloride * :
Age of people who have Hypokalemia when taking Vancomycin hydrochloride * :
Severity of Hypokalemia when taking Vancomycin hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Hypokalemia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Fungal infection (16 people, 27.59%)
- Febrile neutropenia (14 people, 24.14%)
- Prophylaxis (11 people, 18.97%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (8 people, 13.79%)
- Staphylococcal infection (8 people, 13.79%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ambisome (29 people, 50.00%)
- Lasix (18 people, 31.03%)
- Itraconazole (16 people, 27.59%)
- Platelets (16 people, 27.59%)
- Vfend (16 people, 27.59%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of vancomycin hydrochloride and hypokalemia on
Do you have Hypokalemia while taking Vancomycin Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Vancomycin hydrochloride and have Hypokalemia
- support group for people who take Vancomycin hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Hypokalemia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Zantac 150, Metoprolol Succinate, Hyzaar for a 48-year old woman with Heartburn, Hypertension - Essential. The patient has Low Blood Potassium
- A study of side effects of Centrum for a 23-year old man with Vitamins. The patient has Hypokalemia (low potassium)
- A study of side effects of Testosterone Cypionate for a 28-year old man with Testosterone. The patient has Hypokalaemia (low potassium)
- A study of drug interactions between Triamcinolone Acetonide, Bactrim, Ciprofloxacin, Methadone Hydrochloride, Oxycodone, Vitamin D, Zomig, Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a 56-year old woman with Atopic Eczema, Kidney Infection, Uti - Acute, Fibromyalgia, Joint Pain, Migraine, C. Difficile Colitis. The patient has Atopic Eczema, Uti - Acute, Fibromyalgia, Migraine, C. Difficile Colitis, Pain - Bones
Recent Vancomycin hydrochloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Moexipril Hydrochloride And Hydrochlorothiazide, Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a 88-year old woman who has Infection
- Comparions of Vancomycin Hydrochloride, Zyvox for a 57-year old woman who has MRSA Infection
- Comparions of Lexapro, A-hydrocort, Prednisone, Vancomycin Hydrochloride, Zytiga for a 65-year old man who has Prostate Cancer Stage Iv
- Comparions of Vancocin Hydrochloride, Atorvastatin Calcium, Linezolid, Rifampin for a 59-year old man who has Undefined
- Comparions of Tamiflu (Roche) - EQ 75MG BASE, Vancomycin Hydrochloride (Abraxis Pharm) - EQ 1GM BASE/VIAL for a 92-year old woman who has Prophylaxis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.