Review: could Vancomycin hydrochloride cause Lymphadenopathy (Lymph follicular hypertrophy)?
Summary: Lymphadenopathy is found among people who take Vancomycin hydrochloride, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Rocephin, and have Pain.
We study 2,335 people who have side effects while taking Vancomycin hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 13 have Lymphadenopathy. Find out below who they are, when they have Lymphadenopathy and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Vancomycin hydrochloride and have Lymphadenopathy >>>
Vancomycin hydrochloride has active ingredients of vancomycin hydrochloride. It is often used in mrsa infection. (latest outcomes from Vancomycin hydrochloride 2,404 users)
Lymphadenopathy (disease or enlargement of lymph nodes) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, hiv infection.(latest reports from Lymphadenopathy 17,332 patients)
On Dec, 2, 2014: 2,335 people reported to have side effects when taking Vancomycin hydrochloride. Among them, 13 people (0.56%) have Lymphadenopathy.
Time on Vancomycin hydrochloride when people have Lymphadenopathy * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Lymphadenopathy when taking Vancomycin hydrochloride * :
Age of people who have Lymphadenopathy when taking Vancomycin hydrochloride * :
Severity of Lymphadenopathy when taking Vancomycin hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Lymphadenopathy ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (3 people, 23.08%)
- Convulsion prophylaxis (3 people, 23.08%)
- Constipation (3 people, 23.08%)
- Leukopenia (3 people, 23.08%)
- Glaucoma (3 people, 23.08%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Rocephin (4 people, 30.77%)
- Fluconazole (4 people, 30.77%)
- Gentamicin sulfate (4 people, 30.77%)
- Protonix (3 people, 23.08%)
- Hydrodiuril (3 people, 23.08%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Lymphadenopathy while taking Vancomycin Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Vancomycin hydrochloride and have Lymphadenopathy
- support group for people who take Vancomycin hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Lymphadenopathy
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is there a treatment for painful bilateral axillary lymphadenopathy near the size of a golf ball?
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Lymphadenitis, Lymphadenopathy, and takes Efudex)
60 y/o wm with long hx of sun exposure c/o painful bilateral axillary lymphadenopathy 3 wks post efudex tx. Was rx to use two weeks on face and 4 weeks on arms. PMH of FFLR (full face lazer resurfacing 10 year previous and 156-20 liquid nitrogen tx's on arms, chest, back, neck and face). After one ...
- I am on propranolol 10mg 3tad i now have a stomach bug and have been prescribed vancomycin, is it safe to take both together
(Asked by a 68 year old woman who has Essential Tremor, and takes Vancomycin Hydrochloride, Propranolol Hydrochloride)
I have a very bad stomach bug, can this be caused by use propranolol, and is it safe and will the vancomycin work, while i am taken propranolol
- Can mrsa cause chronic intestinal pseudo obstruction?
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has Adhesion, Chronic Intestinal Pseudo-obstruction, MRSA Infection, Upper GI And Small Bowel Series, and takes Atropine, Mebeverine Hydrochloride, Lactulose, Diclofenac Sodium And Misoprostol, Topiramate, Morphine, Vancomycin Hcl)
I had a small bowel obstruction caused by adhesions from an appendectomy carried out 20yrs previously and had grumbling pain ever since but been labelled a malingerer by my family GP until one day at work when I started with terrible tummy ache and sickness like I'd never known, fetching up bile wit ...
- How long did the hives/itching eyes last?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Psoriasis, and takes Daptomycin, Bactrim, Levaquin, Vancomycin Hydrochloride, Clindamycin Phosphate In Dextrose 5%)
had back to back allergic reactions to iv abx - after clinda (april 2014) developed sjs - still having hives around my eyes, watering, and severe itching. have been on 4x dose zyrtec, prn benadryl. when will this go away?
- How do i get rid of this red man syndrome (1 answer)
(Asked by a 48 year old woman who has Infection In Total Knee, and takes Vancomycin Hydrochloride)
This all started March 12th when I had to go in and take the knee out and put in a concrete spacer and I had a pick line and I was getting vancomycin which started this condition called Red Man Syndrome, its a Horrible rash and I think its going away and then it re appears I Need Help Please.
More questions for: Vancomycin hydrochloride, Lymphadenopathy
More reviews for: Vancomycin hydrochloride, Lymphadenopathy
- A study of drug interactions between Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a patient with Bacterial Infection. The patient has Swollen Big Toe And Foot
Comments: I had a hip reconstruction due to toxic levels of cobalt & titanium ball and rod. Five petri dishes of tissue were taken at surgical site and a bacteria was found in one petri dish which could have actually been in the tissue or could have been dropped on the petri dish by anyone handling the sampl ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vancocin Hydrochloride In Plastic Container, Vancomycin Hcl for a patient with Respiratory Distress. The patient has White Blood Cell Count Increased, Renal Failure Chronic, Renal Vein Thrombosis, Respiratory Distress
Comments: Patient was given medication for over two months; then passed away due to respiratory distress, renal failure, and other complications. Showed signs of allergic reaction but physicians did not stop treatment.
- A study of side effects of Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a patient with Pseudogout. The patient has Knee Swelling, Severe Pain, Unable To Bear Weight
Comments: negative cultures; reoccurring swelling even after aspiration; injected with cortisone, not effective; course of prednisone, not effective; open aspiration and flushing, on vanco waiting for culture reports.
- A study of side effects of Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a patient with Infection In Upper Right Arm. The patient has Cellititus
Comments: infection in upper right arm pit, turned into 3 large masses, given the drug thru a pic line then my liver kidneys and other organs started failing, after week n half on this drug then 2 days after released from hospital i had a luncar stroke
- A study of side effects of Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a patient with C. Diff. The patient has Diarrhoea
Comments: after three(3) days of vancomycin 4 times per day to treat my c diff infection, woke up to find that i now had 3 or 4 black line floaters in the vision of my right eye on which i had had cataract surgery 8 weeks ago.
will they go away when i stop the vancomycin?
More related studies for: Vancomycin hydrochloride, Lymphadenopathy
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.