Review: could Vancomycin hydrochloride cause Tinnitus?
Summary: Tinnitus is found among people who take Vancomycin hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Insulin, and have Clostridial infection.
We study 2,335 people who have side effects while taking Vancomycin hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 8 have Tinnitus. Find out below who they are, when they have Tinnitus and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Vancomycin hydrochloride and have Tinnitus >>>
Vancomycin hydrochloride has active ingredients of vancomycin hydrochloride. It is often used in mrsa infection. (latest outcomes from Vancomycin hydrochloride 2,404 users)
Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, stress and anxiety.(latest reports from Tinnitus 19,391 patients)
On Dec, 6, 2014: 2,335 people reported to have side effects when taking Vancomycin hydrochloride. Among them, 8 people (0.34%) have Tinnitus.
Time on Vancomycin hydrochloride when people have Tinnitus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Tinnitus when taking Vancomycin hydrochloride * :
Age of people who have Tinnitus when taking Vancomycin hydrochloride * :
Severity of Tinnitus when taking Vancomycin hydrochloride ** :
How people recovered from Tinnitus ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Clostridial infection (4 people, 50.00%)
- Pneumonia staphylococcal (1 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Insulin (5 people, 62.50%)
- Loratadine (5 people, 62.50%)
- Bactrim (5 people, 62.50%)
- Solu-medrol (4 people, 50.00%)
- Leucovorin calcium (4 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tinnitus while taking Vancomycin Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Vancomycin hydrochloride and have Tinnitus
- support group for people who take Vancomycin hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Tinnitus
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I have ringing in the ears. is there anyway of getting rid of it?
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Tinnitus, and takes Aspirin, Norgesic Forte)
I feel this tinnitus was induced from my taking the norgesic forte, that I no longer take for tension headaches. But I do take over the counter aspirin. Can the tinnitus ever go away?
- I am on propranolol 10mg 3tad i now have a stomach bug and have been prescribed vancomycin, is it safe to take both together
(Asked by a 68 year old woman who has Essential Tremor, and takes Vancomycin Hydrochloride, Propranolol Hydrochloride)
I have a very bad stomach bug, can this be caused by use propranolol, and is it safe and will the vancomycin work, while i am taken propranolol
- Nimotop for curing tinnitus?
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Tinnitus, and takes Nimotop)
i have tinnitus and the doctor is giving me nimotop 30 mg is this good?
- Can mrsa cause chronic intestinal pseudo obstruction?
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has Adhesion, Chronic Intestinal Pseudo-obstruction, MRSA Infection, Upper GI And Small Bowel Series, and takes Atropine, Mebeverine Hydrochloride, Lactulose, Diclofenac Sodium And Misoprostol, Topiramate, Morphine, Vancomycin Hcl)
I had a small bowel obstruction caused by adhesions from an appendectomy carried out 20yrs previously and had grumbling pain ever since but been labelled a malingerer by my family GP until one day at work when I started with terrible tummy ache and sickness like I'd never known, fetching up bile wit ...
- Can this medication cause the ears to ring?
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Protonix)
I developed tinnitus about one year ago. I understand that there is no cure for it. I'm researching it myself. I'm also in a research program that requires me to wear small ear generators. It doesn't seem to help at this time.
More questions for: Vancomycin hydrochloride, Tinnitus
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Ringing in the ears from linzess
(Posted by a 23 year old woman who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Linzess)
I started Linzess about a month ago, taking it about every three days. It was my miracle pill, until recently when I started having ringing in my ears. I am stopping the medication in hopes that the ringing will subside.
- Side effects of using terazosin
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Terazosin Hydrochloride)
I have been on terazosin for 9 days. The ringing in my ears is unbearable, dizzy in the night if I wake up to use the bathroom, intermittent throbbing heartbeat. Also very significant is dramatic decrease in libido and difficulty achieving satisfaction. Dose started at 5 mg at night, reduced to 2 ...
- Still ill after several years (1 response)
(Posted by a 43 year old man who has Sweating, Headache, Vertigo, Restlessness, Throat - Sore, Pain - Joints, Fatigue - Chronic, Tinnitus, Chronic Sinusitis, and takes Beconase Aq)
I became ill several years ago.
It all started with a head cold that lasted a few months and left me with Tinnitus and chronic sinusitis.
After a nose operation and many visits to the doc and hospital, I am no closer to felling better or being cured.
My doc gave me Beconase Aq at first and th ...
- Ringing in ear after kenalog injection
(Posted by a 31 year old man who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Kenalog)
After receiving a Kenalog injection, my son's left ear started a low pitch ringing after three days from the injection. Also his lower lip has quivered several times as well. This condition has lasted for nine days and I am looking for other patients who have had a similar reaction from a Kenalog i ...
- Rocephin and levaquin drug interactions (1 response)
(Posted by a 68 year old woman who has CHF, Tendon Rupture, Central Nervous System Inflammation, Peripheral Circulatory Failure, Acid Reflux, Insomnia, Peripheral Nerve Destruction, Tinnitus, PTSD, and takes Levaquin In Dextrose 5% In Plastic Container, Rocephin, Prednisone, Aspirin, Tylenol, Megace, Ambien, Valium)
I went to ER of local hospital because I was feeling puny, low energy for a while. I was on no meds, physical active all my life, yoga practiser, no crippling. I am late deafened, can speak clearly. This is a true case of attempted murder. I refused to admit myself after waiting 8 hours - I was refu ...
More reviews for: Vancomycin hydrochloride, Tinnitus
- A study of side effects of Baclofen for a patient with Hereditary Spastic Paraplegia. The patient has Ringing In The Ears (a ringing in the ears)
Comments: Have ringing in the ears and feel that it could not be because of sound it must be because of something else. It is to high it must be of the medicne I eat. Have even ringing in the left ear but very high in my righ. Same type of sound on both sides of the ears ringing sound. Help please?
What me ...
- A study of side effects of Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus), Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin), Eczema (patches of skin become rough and inflamed, with itching and bleeding blisters), Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears)
Comments: I have no ear wax. My ears stop producing wax 4 years ago after a bad case of itching, and after using prescription ear drops and going to the doctor biweekly for a month to let doctor squirt a puff of powder in each ear. After all of this no more ear wax, and I woke up with left ear stopped up, and ...
- A study of side effects of Tirosint for a patient with Hypothyroidism. The patient has Brain Stem Glioma (cancerous glioma tumour in the brainstem), Ringing In The Ears (a ringing in the ears), Vertigo - Positional (disorder arising in the inner ear cause vertigo)
Comments: I had a radiation treatment 2 summers ago to stop the function of my thyroid due to Grave's dis ease (HYPERTHYROIDISM). I went from brand name synthroidown to a generic version they was switched by my doctor to Tirosint in June 2014. I noticed mild dizziness only occasionally until about a month ago ...
- A study of drug interactions between Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a patient with Bacterial Infection. The patient has Swollen Big Toe And Foot
Comments: I had a hip reconstruction due to toxic levels of cobalt & titanium ball and rod. Five petri dishes of tissue were taken at surgical site and a bacteria was found in one petri dish which could have actually been in the tissue or could have been dropped on the petri dish by anyone handling the sampl ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vancocin Hydrochloride In Plastic Container, Vancomycin Hcl for a patient with Respiratory Distress. The patient has White Blood Cell Count Increased, Renal Failure Chronic, Renal Vein Thrombosis, Respiratory Distress
Comments: Patient was given medication for over two months; then passed away due to respiratory distress, renal failure, and other complications. Showed signs of allergic reaction but physicians did not stop treatment.
More related studies for: Vancomycin hydrochloride, Tinnitus
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.