Vancomycin hcl and Tachycardia - from FDA reports
Tachycardia is found among people who take Vancomycin hcl, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Furosemide, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Tachycardia with Vancomycin hcl. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,340 people who have side effects when taking Vancomycin hcl from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 25, 2017
3,340 people reported to have side effects when taking Vancomycin hcl.
Among them, 88 people (2.63%) have Tachycardia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Vancomycin hcl when people have Tachycardia *:
- < 1 month: 80.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 13.33 %
- 6 - 12 months: 6.67 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Tachycardia when taking Vancomycin hcl *:
- female: 49.43 %
- male: 50.57 %
Age of people who have Tachycardia when taking Vancomycin hcl *:
- 0-1: 3.66 %
- 2-9: 3.66 %
- 10-19: 10.98 %
- 20-29: 3.66 %
- 30-39: 8.54 %
- 40-49: 20.73 %
- 50-59: 25.61 %
- 60+: 23.17 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (11 people, 12.50%)
- Sepsis (5 people, 5.68%)
- Stress And Anxiety (4 people, 4.55%)
- Preventive Health Care (4 people, 4.55%)
- Multiple Myeloma (4 people, 4.55%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Furosemide (18 people, 20.45%)
- Zofran (17 people, 19.32%)
- Bactrim (15 people, 17.05%)
- Lorazepam (13 people, 14.77%)
- Lasix (13 people, 14.77%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Hypotension (33 people, 37.50%)
- Fever (32 people, 36.36%)
- Breathing Difficulty (23 people, 26.14%)
- Pain (22 people, 25.00%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (21 people, 23.86%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Tachycardia when taking Vancomycin hcl?
- Check symptoms - is tachycardia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsTachycardia and drugs with ingredients of vancomycin hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeTachycardia and Vancomycin hcl from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Vancomycin hcl has active ingredients of vancomycin hydrochloride. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Vancomycin hcl 3,430 users)
Tachycardia (a heart rate that exceeds the range of 100 beats/min) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, atrial fibrillation/flutter, depression, pain, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 92,186 Tachycardia patients).
Browse all side effects of Vancomycin hcla b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with TachycardiaTachycardia
Could your condition cause TachycardiaTachycardia
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I am a 70 year old women raised in the Mississippi Valley. I completed a year on the anti fungal drug after diagnosis with disseminated histoplasmosis. I am now newly diagnosed with bradycardia & related symptoms & undergoing testing. Do you give treatment suggestions? Many thanks!
1. After taking Allegra for approx. 10 years for urticaria ( skin rash ) I was able to find that present heart arrhythmia maybe due to the use of Allegra 180 mg Tablets 2. I need to get information on the relationship of Heart Arrhythmia due to use of Allegra - Oral - 180 mg Tablets to easy ...
am having a bradycardia of 60 beats/min since i started the sertraline of 50mg/day , am also having dyspnea and feeling tired all the time , this is so annoying , am asking if this is serious and if i should stop the sertraline .
My daughter took an overdose of Seroquel and Celexa almost a year ago. Later that day she had her first episode of arrhythmia. She has not taken seroquel since that day but the arrhythmia has not been corrected. She has been seeing a cardiologist who says this cannot be fixed. But the ...
Have been taking Atenolol for very high blood pressure and Arrythmia for 2 1/2 weeks, I have been feeling really tired, no motivation to do anything and lightheaded/dizzy, could this be because of the Atenolol?
User reviews to the study
with a normal resting heartrate around 100 from school time, at age 56, a cardiologist recommended Tenormin (beta blocker) 25 mg a day. Used for 4 years when suddenly discovered arrythmia and lowering BP n heart rate. Holter Monitoring detected pause of 2.2 seconds. No symptoms associated. ...
My 20 year old daughter died on September 22,2016. Her toxicology report indicated no other drugs in her system besides chromium picolinate. LA corner's office are saying she died of natural causes due to obesity. She did not have diabetes, hypertension, and/or hear disease. She had no prior ...
I just started Cymbalta 10 days ago and for the past few days my heart rate has been going down as low as 37 bpm. I'm extremely fatigued and having chest pains. I want to know if others have bad similar experiences.