Vancomycin hydrochloride and Deafness - from FDA reports
Deafness is found among people who take Vancomycin hydrochloride, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Acetazolamide, and have Patent ductus arteriosus. This review analyzes which people have Deafness with Vancomycin hydrochloride. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,228 people who have side effects when taking Vancomycin hydrochloride from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 24, 2017
3,228 people reported to have side effects when taking Vancomycin hydrochloride.
Among them, 18 people (0.56%) have Deafness
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Vancomycin hydrochloride when people have Deafness *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Deafness when taking Vancomycin hydrochloride *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Deafness when taking Vancomycin hydrochloride *:
- 0-1: 16.67 %
- 2-9: 8.33 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 8.33 %
- 40-49: 8.33 %
- 50-59: 8.33 %
- 60+: 50.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Staphylococcal Infection (2 people, 11.11%)
- Patent Ductus Arteriosus (2 people, 11.11%)
- Sickle Cell Anaemia (1 person, 5.56%)
- Meningitis Bacterial (1 person, 5.56%)
- Cardiac Disorder (1 person, 5.56%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Warfarin Sodium (2 people, 11.11%)
- Nitroglycerin (2 people, 11.11%)
- Famotidine (2 people, 11.11%)
- Azithromycin (2 people, 11.11%)
- Acetazolamide (2 people, 11.11%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Tinnitus (4 people, 22.22%)
- Hyperbilirubinaemia (2 people, 11.11%)
- Developmental Delay (2 people, 11.11%)
- Depressed Level Of Consciousness (2 people, 11.11%)
- Anorexia (2 people, 11.11%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Deafness when taking Vancomycin hydrochloride?
- Check symptoms - is deafness caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDeafness and drugs with ingredients of vancomycin hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDeafness and Vancomycin hydrochloride from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Vancomycin hydrochloride has active ingredients of vancomycin hydrochloride. It is often used in mrsa infection. (latest outcomes from Vancomycin hydrochloride 3,408 users)
Deafness has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 13,835 Deafness patients).
Browse all side effects of Vancomycin hydrochloridea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with DeafnessDeafness
Could your condition cause DeafnessDeafness
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I am a 60 year old female who has recently suffered a sudden onset of hearing loss in my second ear. The first occurred about 15 years ago. It has already impacted me in my profession and already limited social life and paints a bleak picture for the future. Is it possible that my hearing loss ...
I am the son (born 1956) of a DES mother. (Diethylstilbestrol) I have a moderate to severe hearing loss in both ears. My brother (born 1955), also a DES son has a profound hearing loss. Like a high percentage of DES sons, my brother had undescended testicles. About 35 years ago I went to a ...
User reviews to the study
I took vancomycin several months ago.I took it via a pic line at home and while in the hospital.After a couple surgeries for a broken femur and shoulder I received after a fall I had a staph infection.That is why they gave me the vancomycin.My hip has pretty much healed,but now I can hardly make ...
Has anyone experienced permanent hearing loss after stopping Topiramate? Or did hearing restore? I only took the medication for about 45 days and reported to my Nuro within two weeks noticeable hearing issues. She dismissed me completely!!! I went to my family doc and to ENT as well. Anyone else ...