Review: could Venlafaxine hydrochloride cause Water retention (Fluid Retention)?
Summary: Water retention is found among people who take Venlafaxine hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Carbidopa, and have Narcolepsy.
We study 2,972 people who have side effects while taking Venlafaxine hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 6 have Water retention. Find out below who they are, when they have Water retention and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Venlafaxine hydrochloride and have Water retention >>>
Venlafaxine hydrochloride has active ingredients of venlafaxine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 3,643 Venlafaxine hydrochloride users)
Water retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood) has been reported by people with primary pulmonary hypertension, high blood pressure, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 18,429 Water retention patients)
On Mar, 5, 2015: 2,972 people reported to have side effects when taking Venlafaxine hydrochloride. Among them, 6 people (0.20%) have Water Retention.
Time on Venlafaxine hydrochloride when people have Water retention * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Water retention||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Water retention when taking Venlafaxine hydrochloride * :
|Water retention||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||40.00%||40.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Water retention when taking Venlafaxine hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Water retention||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Water retention ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Water retention||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Narcolepsy (1 people, 16.67%)
- Restless legs syndrome (1 people, 16.67%)
- Bipolar disorder (1 people, 16.67%)
- Depression (1 people, 16.67%)
- Birth control (1 people, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Carbidopa (1 people, 16.67%)
- Levodopa (1 people, 16.67%)
- Cephalexin (1 people, 16.67%)
- Topiramate (1 people, 16.67%)
- Pravastatin sodium (1 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Water Retention while taking Venlafaxine Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Venlafaxine hydrochloride and have Water Retention
- support group for people who take Venlafaxine hydrochloride
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 29-year old man with Anxiety. The patient has Feeling Of Body Temperature Change
- A study of drug interactions between Phentermine, Effexor for a 43-year old woman with Weight Control, Anxiety. The patient has Sleep Issues, Tension Headaches, Skin Blushing/flushing, Itchy Spot On Face
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal, Effexor Xr, Seroquel Xr, Ambien Cr, Restoril for a 40-year old woman with Chronic Depression, Paranoia, Insomnia. The patient has Depression Suicidal
- A study of drug interactions between Microgestin 1/20, Lorazepam, Effexor, Provigil for a 32-year old woman with Birth Control, Stress And Anxiety, Depression, Narcolepsy. The patient has Obesity, Memory Impairment, Absent Periods, Irritability, Mood Swings, Sweating Increased, Fatigue - Chronic
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Lorazepam, Effexor XR for a 53-year old woman with Acid Reflux, Sleeplessness, Gad. The patient has Cystitis-like Symptom
Recent Venlafaxine hydrochloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Effexor Xr, Prozac, Xanax, Sprintec for a 20-year old woman who has Teenagers And Depression
- Comparions of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Effexor, Lyrica, Cymbalta for a 39-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Effexor Xr, Cymbalta for a 44-year old man who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Effexor, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 25-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Escitalopram, Effexor Xr, Wellbutrin Sr for a 64-year old man who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.