Review: could Verapamil hcl cause Skin rash (Rashes)?
Summary: Skin rash is found among people who take Verapamil hcl, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Simvastatin, and have Ill-defined disorder.
We study 2,298 people who have side effects while taking Verapamil hcl from FDA and social media. Among them, 38 have Skin rash. Find out below who they are, when they have Skin rash and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Verapamil hcl and have Skin rash >>>
Verapamil hcl has active ingredients of verapamil hydrochloride. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 2,532 Verapamil hcl users)
Skin rash (redness) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, depression. (latest reports from 146,526 Skin rash patients)
On Apr, 7, 2015: 2,298 people reported to have side effects when taking Verapamil hcl. Among them, 38 people (1.65%) have Skin Rash.
Time on Verapamil hcl when people have Skin rash * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Skin rash||50.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Skin rash when taking Verapamil hcl * :
|Skin rash||62.79%||37.21% |
Age of people who have Skin rash when taking Verapamil hcl * :
|Skin rash||0.00%||0.00%||5.88%||0.00%||0.00%||5.88%||26.47%||61.76% |
Severity of Skin rash when taking Verapamil hcl ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Skin rash||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
How people recovered from Skin rash ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Ill-defined disorder (6 people, 15.79%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (4 people, 10.53%)
- Hypertension (4 people, 10.53%)
- High density lipoprotein decreased (3 people, 7.89%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (3 people, 7.89%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Simvastatin (7 people, 18.42%)
- Furosemide (6 people, 15.79%)
- Lopid (6 people, 15.79%)
- Alprazolam (6 people, 15.79%)
- Lansoprazole (5 people, 13.16%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of verapamil hcl and skin rash on
Do you have Skin Rash while taking Verapamil Hcl?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Verapamil hcl and have Skin Rash
- support group for people who take Verapamil hcl
- support group for people who have Skin Rash
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Suboxone, Nuvigil for a 25-year old woman with Noni, Narcolepsy. The patient has Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Rash
- A study of side effects of Levaquin for a 49-year old woman with Respiratory Disorder. The patient has Neck Pain, Back Pain, Hypertensive Heart Disease, Rash Generalised, Skin Burning Sensation, Skin Sensitisation, Sun-induced Skin Changes - Keratosis, Short-term Memory Loss, Tendon Pain, Headache - Migraine With Aura, Neuropathy, Arterial Spasm
- A study of drug interactions between Centrum, Biotin, Lexapro, Vitamin D, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Losartan for a 65-year old woman with Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Hair Growth Abnormal, Anxiety Disorder, Vitamin D Decreased, Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has Hair Loss, Night Sweats
- A study of drug interactions between Levitra, Vitamin D, Aspirin, Lyrica, Lisinopril, Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Levetiracetam for a 67-year old man with Erectile Dysfunction, Vitamin D Decreased, Preventive Surgery, Neuropathy, High Blood Pressure, Restlessness, Seizure Disorder. The patient has Skin Rash
- A study of side effects of Terbinafine Hydrochloride for a 59-year old woman with Toenail Fungus. The patient has Rash Generalised
Recent Verapamil hcl related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.