Review: could Verapamil hydrochloride cause Heart palpitations?
Summary: Heart palpitations is found among people who take Verapamil hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Pondimin, and have Pain.
We study 2,656 people who have side effects while taking Verapamil hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 43 have Heart palpitations. Find out below who they are, when they have Heart palpitations and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Verapamil hydrochloride and have Heart palpitations >>>
Verapamil hydrochloride has active ingredients of verapamil hydrochloride. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 3,186 Verapamil hydrochloride users)
Heart palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain. (latest reports from 52,154 Heart palpitations patients)
On Mar, 24, 2015: 2,656 people reported to have side effects when taking Verapamil hydrochloride. Among them, 42 people (1.58%) have Heart Palpitations.
Time on Verapamil hydrochloride when people have Heart palpitations * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Heart palpitations||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||25.00%||25.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Heart palpitations when taking Verapamil hydrochloride * :
|Heart palpitations||79.07%||20.93% |
Age of people who have Heart palpitations when taking Verapamil hydrochloride * :
|Heart palpitations||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.56%||11.11%||33.33%||50.00% |
Severity of Heart palpitations when taking Verapamil hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Heart palpitations||25.00%||50.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Heart palpitations ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Heart palpitations||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (3 people, 7.14%)
- Anxiety (3 people, 7.14%)
- Hypertension (2 people, 4.76%)
- Tachycardia (2 people, 4.76%)
- Gastrointestinal upset (1 people, 2.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Pondimin (6 people, 14.29%)
- Aspirin (6 people, 14.29%)
- Phentermine (4 people, 9.52%)
- Adipex-p (4 people, 9.52%)
- Lasix (4 people, 9.52%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Heart Palpitations while taking Verapamil Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Verapamil hydrochloride and have Heart Palpitations
- support group for people who take Verapamil hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Heart Palpitations
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Amlodipine Maleate; Benazepril Hydrochloride, Doxazosin Mesylate, Atenolol for a 67-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Noises Or Buzzing In The Ears, Swollen Belly, Aches And Pains In Bones, Eye Allergy, Palpitations
- A study of side effects of Meclizine for a 38-year old woman with Motion Sickness. The patient has Blood Pressure Increased, Vomiting Of Medication, Heart Pounding Or Racing (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing)
- A study of side effects of Elmiron for a 8-year old girl with Interstitial Cystitis (IC). The patient has Heart Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing)
- A study of drug interactions between Imitrex, Celexa, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Beyaz for a 30-year old woman with Migraine, Anxiety, Birth Control. The patient has Severe Migraines, Constant Feeling Of Motion
- A study of drug interactions between Amlodipine Besylate, Clonidine Hydrochloride for a 63-year old man with Bloodpreasure, Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has Irregular Heartbeat
Recent Verapamil hydrochloride related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.