Review: could Verapamil hydrochloride cause High cholesterol (High Blood Cholesterol)?
Summary: High cholesterol is found among people who take Verapamil hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Prilosec, and have High blood pressure.
We study 2,656 people who have side effects while taking Verapamil hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 32 have High cholesterol. Find out below who they are, when they have High cholesterol and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Verapamil hydrochloride and have High cholesterol >>>
Verapamil hydrochloride has active ingredients of verapamil hydrochloride. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 3,186 Verapamil hydrochloride users)
High cholesterol has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, osteopenia, pain. (latest reports from 171,803 High cholesterol patients)
On Mar, 14, 2015: 2,649 people reported to have side effects when taking Verapamil hydrochloride. Among them, 32 people (1.21%) have High Cholesterol.
Time on Verapamil hydrochloride when people have High cholesterol * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High cholesterol||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have High cholesterol when taking Verapamil hydrochloride * :
|High cholesterol||58.97%||41.03% |
Age of people who have High cholesterol when taking Verapamil hydrochloride * :
|High cholesterol||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||11.76%||61.76%||26.47% |
Severity of High cholesterol when taking Verapamil hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High cholesterol||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
How people recovered from High cholesterol ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|High cholesterol||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- High blood pressure (2 people, 6.25%)
- Constipation (2 people, 6.25%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (2 people, 6.25%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (1 people, 3.12%)
- Intentional overdose (1 people, 3.12%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prilosec (7 people, 21.88%)
- Trazodone hcl (6 people, 18.75%)
- Aspirin (6 people, 18.75%)
- Digoxin (6 people, 18.75%)
- Zantac (5 people, 15.62%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have High Cholesterol while taking Verapamil Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Verapamil hydrochloride and have High Cholesterol
- support group for people who take Verapamil hydrochloride
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Adderall 20, Lyrica for a 53-year old woman with Depression, Fatigue - Chronic, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Vertigo, Itching, Burning Sensation, Nasal Dryness, Bursitis, Chest Pain, Restless Legs Syndrome, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Weight Gain, Breathing-related Sleep Disorder, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Mouth Dry Aggravated, Eyes - Dry, Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping, Weakness, Hands - Chapped And Dry, Glaucoma, Pain In Jaw, Headache, Pain - Eye, Vision Problems, Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Hair Loss, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of drug interactions between Imitrex, Celexa, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Beyaz for a 30-year old woman with Migraine, Anxiety, Birth Control. The patient has Severe Migraines, Constant Feeling Of Motion
- A study of side effects of Ranitidine for a 65-year old man with Stomach Discomfort. The patient has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides
- A study of drug interactions between Ritalin, Concerta, Naproxen, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Zolmitriptan, Sumatriptan for a 25-year old man with ADHD, Migraine. The patient has Anxiety, Depression, Libido Increased, Erectile Dysfunction
- A study of drug interactions between Ritalin, Concerta, Naproxen, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Zolmitriptan, Sumatriptan for a 25-year old man with ADHD, Migraine. The patient has Paranoia, Anxiety, Depression, Libido Increased, Erectile Dysfunction
Recent Verapamil hydrochloride related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.