Review: could Verapamil hydrochloride cause Itching?
Summary: Itching is found among people who take Verapamil hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Digoxin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 2,656 people who have side effects while taking Verapamil hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 59 have Itching. Find out below who they are, when they have Itching and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Verapamil hydrochloride and have Itching >>>
Verapamil hydrochloride has active ingredients of verapamil hydrochloride. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 3,186 Verapamil hydrochloride users)
Itching has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 88,292 Itching patients)
On Mar, 7, 2015: 2,649 people reported to have side effects when taking Verapamil hydrochloride. Among them, 52 people (1.96%) have Itching.
Time on Verapamil hydrochloride when people have Itching * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Itching when taking Verapamil hydrochloride * :
Age of people who have Itching when taking Verapamil hydrochloride * :
Severity of Itching when taking Verapamil hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Itching ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (6 people, 11.54%)
- Migraine (3 people, 5.77%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (3 people, 5.77%)
- Atrial fibrillation (3 people, 5.77%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (2 people, 3.85%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Digoxin (7 people, 13.46%)
- Furosemide (7 people, 13.46%)
- Methotrexate (6 people, 11.54%)
- Allopurinol (6 people, 11.54%)
- Omeprazole (6 people, 11.54%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of verapamil hydrochloride and itching on
Do you have Itching while taking Verapamil Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Verapamil hydrochloride and have Itching
- support group for people who take Verapamil hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Itching
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Fluconazole for a 46-year old woman with Yeast Infection - Esophagus. The patient has Itching, Stomach Pain, Back Pain - Low, Burning Sensation, Swelling Of Fingers
- A study of drug interactions between Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Adderall 20, Lyrica for a 53-year old woman with Depression, Fatigue - Chronic, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Vertigo, Itching, Burning Sensation, Nasal Dryness, Bursitis, Chest Pain, Restless Legs Syndrome, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Weight Gain, Breathing-related Sleep Disorder, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Mouth Dry Aggravated, Eyes - Dry, Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping, Weakness, Hands - Chapped And Dry, Glaucoma, Pain In Jaw, Headache, Pain - Eye, Vision Problems, Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Hair Loss, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of side effects of Crestor for a 56-year old man with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Pruritus (severe itching of the skin)
- A study of drug interactions between Imitrex, Celexa, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Beyaz for a 30-year old woman with Migraine, Anxiety, Birth Control. The patient has Severe Migraines, Constant Feeling Of Motion
- A study of drug interactions between Doxycycline, Naproxen, Methocarbamol, Crestor, Lasix, Bi-sifrol, Cymbalta for a 63-year old woman with Infection, Inflammatory Pain, Muscle Relaxer, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Edema, Restless Leg Syndrome, Depression. The patient has Itching, Rash On Leg And Arm, Severe Edema, Groin Pain
Recent Verapamil hydrochloride related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.