Home > Verapamil hydrochloride > Metallic taste > Verapamil hydrochloride and Metallic taste
Review: could Verapamil hydrochloride cause Metallic taste (Taste - impaired)?
We study 2,641 people who have side effects while taking Verapamil hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Metallic taste. Find out below who they are, when they have Metallic taste and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Verapamil hydrochloride and have Metallic taste >>>
Verapamil hydrochloride (latest outcomes from 3,169 users) has active ingredients of verapamil hydrochloride. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Metallic taste (a bad taste in the mouth) (latest reports from 160,208 patients) has been reported by people with insomnia, quit smoking, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 2,638 people reported to have side effects when taking Verapamil hydrochloride. Among them, 2 people (0.08%) have Metallic Taste.
Time on Verapamil hydrochloride when people have Metallic taste * :
Gender of people who have Metallic taste when taking Verapamil hydrochloride * :
|Metallic taste||33.33%||66.67% |
Age of people who have Metallic taste when taking Verapamil hydrochloride * :
|Metallic taste||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Metallic taste when taking Verapamil hydrochloride ** :
How people recovered from Metallic taste ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (2 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Moclobemide (1 people, 50.00%)
- Diovan hct (1 people, 50.00%)
- Saquinavir (1 people, 50.00%)
- Truvada (1 people, 50.00%)
- Norvir (1 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Metallic Taste while taking Verapamil Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Verapamil hydrochloride and have Metallic Taste
- support group for people who take Verapamil hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Metallic Taste
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I had an abortion 3 weeks ago and i'm now having the metallic taste in my mouth like i had before the abortion.
(Asked by a 40 year old woman who has Metallic Taste)
I had an abortion 3 weeks ago and thought all was okay but i've been experiencing the metallic taste in my mouth for 3 days now.
- Does loss of taste from morphine come back ?
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Loss Of Taste, and takes Morphine Sulfate)
I was given morphine 3 months ago and have loss my ability to taste ever since.
- Can testosterone cause hyperkinectic heart symtom
(Asked by a 65 year old man who has Hyperkinetic Heart Syndrome, and takes Metformin, Vitamin D, Cranberry, Vitamin B12, Gabapentin, Aspirin, Simvastatin, Lisinopril, Effexor, Verapamil Hydrochloride)
I used testosone injections for more that 20 years.
- Does anyone have sever itching at night
(Asked by a 75 year old woman who has Itching, and takes Verapamil Hcl)
severe stinging and itching more at night and increased urination during the night. Problem falling asleep and staying asleep. Also have weird dreams and sometimes breathleness
- How long before the a fib stops after stopping cymbalta?
(Asked by a 63 year old woman who has Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Meloxicam, Synthroid, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Cymbalta)
Have been taking Cymbalta for 2 months for nerve pain and developed atrial fibrillation. I stopped taking the drug 4 days ago. Can I expect the atrial fibrillation to stop any time soon?
More questions for: Verapamil hydrochloride, Metallic taste
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Celebrex and taste loss
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Loss Of Taste, and takes Celebrex)
Following foot surgery, I have taken Celebrex for most of the last 4 months. I can no longer taste or smell. I just started a Z pack for a sinus problem and am hoping that will clear any infection that could be contributing to this loss. I have also stopped taking Celebrex in the meantime.
- Loss of taste & recovery
(Posted by a 73 year old man who has Loss Of Taste, and takes Simvastatin)
Condition appeared upon use of Simvastatin. Mostly corrected by liberal use of MSG.
More reviews for: Verapamil hydrochloride, Metallic taste
- A study of side effects of Sertraline for a patient with Depression - Adolescents. The patient has Metallic Taste (a bad taste in the mouth)
Comments: OCD like twitching and involuntary movements
- A study of side effects of Isoptin Sr for a patient with Lower Blood Pressure. The patient has Breathing Difficulty
Comments: we tried 240mg then 180mg then 80mg then 40 amgnd 40mg seemed to be somewhat good
- A study of side effects of Verapamil Hydrochloride for a patient with Tachycardia. The patient has Urticaria Chronic (long lasting rash of round, red welts on the skin that itch intensely)
Comments: I have taken verapamil for years and seem to do fine. All of a sudden I have hives really bad. Have stopped doing several things and eating several things and taking several things, still have the hives. Only thing I havent stopped is the verapamil because it has done so well with my heart.
- A study of drug interactions between Wellbutrin Xl, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Victoza, Relpax, Humalog Pen, Lantus Solostar, Etodolac, Hydrochlorothiazide, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Lisinopril, Metformin for a patient with Chronic Depression, Chronic Insomnia, Diabetes, Migraine, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Hypertension. The patient has Dementia, Burping, Yellow Stool, Nausea, Diarrhea, Chills, Vomiting
Comments: # 3 events over 21 days - chills, vomiting, diarrhea, sulfur smelling burps, reduced cognitive abilities approx. 7 days apart.
- A study of drug interactions between Zetia, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Clonazepam, Abilify, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a patient with Elevated Cholesterol, Blood Pressure Increased, Anxiety, Depression. The patient has Anxiety
Comments: I have developed wrinkling of the tops of my hands and think it's due to one or more of these medications. Can you please provide me with some feedback. Thank you!
More related studies for: Verapamil hydrochloride, Metallic taste
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.