Review: could Verapamil hydrochloride cause Renal failure acute?
Summary: Renal failure acute is found among people who take Verapamil hydrochloride, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Digoxin, and have Hypertension.
We study 2,644 people who have side effects while taking Verapamil hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 61 have Renal failure acute. Find out below who they are, when they have Renal failure acute and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Verapamil hydrochloride and have Renal failure acute >>>
Verapamil hydrochloride has active ingredients of verapamil hydrochloride. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Verapamil hydrochloride 3,175 users)
Renal failure acute
Renal failure acute (rapid kidney dysfunction) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, diabetes, pain, multiple myeloma.(latest reports from Renal failure acute 60,810 patients)
On Dec, 3, 2014: 2,641 people reported to have side effects when taking Verapamil hydrochloride. Among them, 61 people (2.31%) have Renal Failure Acute.
Time on Verapamil hydrochloride when people have Renal failure acute * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Renal failure acute||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Renal failure acute when taking Verapamil hydrochloride * :
|Renal failure acute||42.62%||57.38% |
Age of people who have Renal failure acute when taking Verapamil hydrochloride * :
|Renal failure acute||0.00%||0.00%||1.75%||3.51%||1.75%||15.79%||3.51%||73.68% |
Severity of Renal failure acute when taking Verapamil hydrochloride ** :
How people recovered from Renal failure acute ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (9 people, 14.75%)
- Atrial fibrillation (7 people, 11.48%)
- Herpes zoster (5 people, 8.20%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (4 people, 6.56%)
- Diabetes mellitus (3 people, 4.92%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Digoxin (17 people, 27.87%)
- Lasix (13 people, 21.31%)
- Aspirin (12 people, 19.67%)
- Warfarin sodium (8 people, 13.11%)
- Amlodipine besylate (7 people, 11.48%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Renal Failure Acute while taking Verapamil Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Verapamil hydrochloride and have Renal Failure Acute
- support group for people who take Verapamil hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Renal Failure Acute
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can testosterone cause hyperkinectic heart symtom
(Asked by a 65 year old man who has Hyperkinetic Heart Syndrome, and takes Metformin, Vitamin D, Cranberry, Vitamin B12, Gabapentin, Aspirin, Simvastatin, Lisinopril, Effexor, Verapamil Hydrochloride)
I used testosone injections for more that 20 years.
- Does anyone have sever itching at night
(Asked by a 75 year old woman who has Itching, and takes Verapamil Hcl)
severe stinging and itching more at night and increased urination during the night. Problem falling asleep and staying asleep. Also have weird dreams and sometimes breathleness
- How long before the a fib stops after stopping cymbalta?
(Asked by a 63 year old woman who has Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Meloxicam, Synthroid, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Cymbalta)
Have been taking Cymbalta for 2 months for nerve pain and developed atrial fibrillation. I stopped taking the drug 4 days ago. Can I expect the atrial fibrillation to stop any time soon?
- I'm having leg/ankle swelling and also my right arm is swollen. it has all started since i have been on verapamil for the last year.
(Asked by a 35 year old woman who has SVT, and takes Verapamil Hydrochloride)
I have been on verapamil for about a year now, and I've started to notice some changes that worry me. For instance: swelling in both legs, ankles, and right arm. Also my right arm appears blotchy. I wake up gasping for air sometimes and urinate alot at night time (I'm thinking that I may have sl ...
- Is xarelto safe for those being treated for macular degeneration with lucentis?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Lympoedma, Age-related Macular Degeneration (ARMD Or AMD), Atrial Fibrillation, Mitral Valve Replacement, Neurofibromatosis 2, Lippodema, and takes Lucentis, Warfarin Sodium, Verapamil Hydrochloride)
I want to change from warfarin to xarelto. I already have to be off this 4 days prior to injections of lucentis. I hate using Warfarin and have be waiting for an alternative but bleeds in the eye of brain threaten my precarious eye sight I also hate the poison nature of Wararin. Is the new drug "bet ...
More questions for: Verapamil hydrochloride, Renal failure acute
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- V-fend orally possible cause of renal failur
(Posted by a 67 year old woman who has Renal Failure Acute, and takes Vfend)
My wife was on V-Fend for 10 months - aspergillosis. Gradually her creatinine start to rise which she then went to a Nephrologist. One day it went from 4 to 11 and I rushed her to the hospital where she went into acute renal failure requiring dialysis. I am a retired pharmacist and spoke with Pfiz ...
More reviews for: Verapamil hydrochloride, Renal failure acute
- A study of side effects of Verapamil Hydrochloride for a patient with Tachycardia. The patient has Urticaria Chronic (long lasting rash of round, red welts on the skin that itch intensely)
Comments: I have taken verapamil for years and seem to do fine. All of a sudden I have hives really bad. Have stopped doing several things and eating several things and taking several things, still have the hives. Only thing I havent stopped is the verapamil because it has done so well with my heart.
- A study of side effects of Verapamil Hydrochloride for a patient with Cluster Headaches. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
Comments: When get up and walk into kitchen etc but especially when climbing house stairs, standing from bending in fridge, walking shortest distance. ECG normal. NOT Asthmatic. Really scared now as GP no help and under Neurologist on 520-560mg daily as anything below leaves me bedridden or hospitalised ...
- A study of side effects of Verapamil Hydrochloride for a patient with Fast Heartbeat. The patient has Nightmares (unpleasant dreams)
Comments: I have been taking verapamil 100 mg ER tablets for over a year manufactured by Mylan and I felt fine; the last prescription was filled and I noticed it was a different colored capsule and it was made by Kremers Urban and since I have been taking this for about a week I have had the most horrible ni ...
- A study of drug interactions between Verapamil Hydrochloride, Ranitidine Hydrochloride, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a patient with Heart Tablets, Antacid Therapy, Depression. The patient has Itching Only Helps When I Have Taken The Skin From My Body With A Sharp Knife, Insane Whole Body Itching Lasting Hours, Formication, Itching
Comments: I have had severe formincation for the last 31 years since menopause and the only slight relief I get is if I scrap the skin from my entire body with a very sharp knife. This can resume even straight after spending 4 and 5 hours taking the skin off and sometimes even comes back the very next morning ...
- A study of drug interactions between Celexa, Hydrochlorothiazide, Verapamil Hydrochloride for a patient with Depression, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Pvb (premature Ventricular Beat)
Comments: I was on 10 mg. of Celexa and my doctor increased the miligrams to 20 mg. upon my request my depression had worsened, and 2 weeks to the day the PVC's started. I told my doctor and I'm getting a halter monitor and a thyroid blood test to see what's going on. I was wondering if it could be from the ...
More related studies for: Verapamil hydrochloride, Renal failure acute
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.