Review: could Verapamil hydrochloride cause Renal failure acute?
Summary: Renal failure acute is found among people who take Verapamil hydrochloride, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Digoxin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 2,662 people who have side effects while taking Verapamil hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 61 have Renal failure acute. Find out below who they are, when they have Renal failure acute and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Verapamil hydrochloride and have Renal failure acute >>>
Verapamil hydrochloride has active ingredients of verapamil hydrochloride. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 3,195 Verapamil hydrochloride users)
Renal failure acute
Renal failure acute (rapid kidney dysfunction) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, diabetes, pain, multiple myeloma. (latest reports from 60,811 Renal failure acute patients)
On Apr, 22, 2015: 2,662 people reported to have side effects when taking Verapamil hydrochloride. Among them, 61 people (2.29%) have Renal Failure Acute.
Time on Verapamil hydrochloride when people have Renal failure acute * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Renal failure acute||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Renal failure acute when taking Verapamil hydrochloride * :
|Renal failure acute||42.62%||57.38% |
Age of people who have Renal failure acute when taking Verapamil hydrochloride * :
|Renal failure acute||0.00%||0.00%||1.75%||3.51%||1.75%||15.79%||3.51%||73.68% |
Severity of Renal failure acute when taking Verapamil hydrochloride ** :
How people recovered from Renal failure acute ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (9 people, 14.75%)
- Atrial fibrillation (7 people, 11.48%)
- Herpes zoster (5 people, 8.20%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (4 people, 6.56%)
- Diabetes mellitus (3 people, 4.92%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Digoxin (17 people, 27.87%)
- Lasix (13 people, 21.31%)
- Aspirin (12 people, 19.67%)
- Warfarin sodium (8 people, 13.11%)
- Amlodipine besylate (7 people, 11.48%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of verapamil hydrochloride and renal failure acute on
Do you have Renal Failure Acute while taking Verapamil Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Verapamil hydrochloride and have Renal Failure Acute
- support group for people who take Verapamil hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Renal Failure Acute
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Verapamil Hydrochloride for a 36-year old man with HOCM. The patient has Paniced In Escalator And Aeroplane
- A study of drug interactions between Lansoprazole, Amoxicillin And Clarithromycin, Verapamil Hydrochloride for a 66-year old woman with Lung Infection, Heart Palpitations.
- A study of side effects of Verapamil Hydrochloride for a 52-year old man with Cluster Headaches. The patient has Tremor
- A study of drug interactions between Centrum, Biotin, Lexapro, Vitamin D, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Losartan for a 65-year old woman with Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Hair Growth Abnormal, Anxiety Disorder, Vitamin D Decreased, Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has Hair Loss, Night Sweats
- A study of drug interactions between Miralax, Omeprazole, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Cetirizine Hydrochloride, Vitamin D, Hydroxyzine, Sertraline, Lamotrigine, Proair Hfa, Advair Diskus 250/50, Montelukast Sodium for a 39-year old woman with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Acid Reflux, High Blood Pressure, Allergy, Vitamin D Decreased, Anxiety Disorder, Chronic Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Asthma. The patient has Bronchitis Acute, Irregular Heartbeat
Recent Verapamil hydrochloride related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.