Verapamil hcl and Restless legs - from FDA reports
Restless legs is found among people who take Verapamil hcl, especially for people who are female, 60+ old also take medication Celebrex, and have Back pain. This review analyzes which people have Restless legs with Verapamil hcl. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,165 people who have side effects when taking Verapamil hcl from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 31, 2017
3,165 people reported to have side effects when taking Verapamil hcl.
Among them, 9 people (0.28%) have Restless legs
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Restless legs when taking Verapamil hcl *:
- female: 66.67 %
- male: 33.33 %
Age of people who have Restless legs when taking Verapamil hcl *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 12.5 %
- 50-59: 25.0 %
- 60+: 62.5 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Back Pain (4 people, 44.44%)
- Lipids Abnormal (3 people, 33.33%)
- Insomnia (3 people, 33.33%)
- Coronary Heart Disease (3 people, 33.33%)
- Arthritis (3 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Flexeril (5 people, 55.56%)
- Celebrex (5 people, 55.56%)
- Spiriva (4 people, 44.44%)
- Lipitor (4 people, 44.44%)
- Lasix (4 people, 44.44%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Depression (5 people, 55.56%)
- Osteoarthritis (4 people, 44.44%)
- Intervertebral Disc Degeneration (4 people, 44.44%)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (4 people, 44.44%)
- Lipids Abnormal (3 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Restless legs when taking Verapamil hcl?
- Check symptoms - is restless legs caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsRestless legs and drugs with ingredients of verapamil hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeRestless legs and Verapamil hcl from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Verapamil hcl has active ingredients of verapamil hydrochloride. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Verapamil hcl 3,552 users)
Restless legs has been reported by people with restless leg syndrome, depression, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, pain (latest reports from 27,456 Restless legs patients).
Browse all side effects of Verapamil hcla b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Restless legsRestless legs
Could your condition cause Restless legsRestless legs
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hi. Just after some advice. I'd had a RSL for years and this has worsened to the point that about twice per week I am awakened during the night and need to get out of bed to stretch my legs. Normally I can return to sleep pretty easily so I guess I can't complain too much. I was prescribed ...
I am recently (about 2 months) off suboxone and am currently going through some restless leg syndrome problems. It is pretty bad and I am having trouble getting rid of it on a daily basis. What should I do
User reviews to the study
Rx called "REQUIP" (but of course has the usual hundred side effects) but its 100% effective. I personally don't like the side effect risks and I am not sure about the RX Ambien. Prudent thing to do – ask your doctor
I was diagnosed with RLS after my last pregnancy, 13 yrs ago. I started using Requip .5mg, but after a while the doctor changed my medication to Mirapex because Requip wasn't working anymore. I get RLS in my legs, arms and even my head. Not sure if anyone out there has the same problem. ...
My name is Karen, I've had chronic pain with lumbar spinal stenosis for many years. This has caused RLS and neuralgia,among other problems. I've been on ropinilole for two years for RLS. I was recently prescribed horizant for neuralgia. I'm wondering if I can stop taking the ropinilole? Does ...