Review: could Vesicare cause Hair loss?
Summary: Hair loss is found among people who take Vesicare, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Nexavar, and have Hypertonic bladder.
We study 7,288 people who have side effects while taking Vesicare from FDA and social media. Among them, 68 have Hair loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Hair loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Vesicare and have Hair loss >>>
Vesicare has active ingredients of solifenacin succinate. It is often used in urge incontinence. (latest outcomes from 7,649 Vesicare users)
Hair loss has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression. (latest reports from 42,734 Hair loss patients)
On Mar, 27, 2015: 7,287 people reported to have side effects when taking Vesicare. Among them, 68 people (0.93%) have Hair Loss.
Time on Vesicare when people have Hair loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hair loss||8.70%||73.91%||8.70%||4.35%||4.35%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Hair loss when taking Vesicare * :
|Hair loss||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Hair loss when taking Vesicare * :
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.84%||11.29%||24.19%||59.68% |
Severity of Hair loss when taking Vesicare ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hair loss||0.00%||33.33%||66.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Hair loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertonic bladder (21 people, 30.88%)
- Renal cell carcinoma (11 people, 16.18%)
- Multiple sclerosis (7 people, 10.29%)
- Incontinence (4 people, 5.88%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (3 people, 4.41%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Nexavar (11 people, 16.18%)
- Aspirin (11 people, 16.18%)
- Omeprazole (10 people, 14.71%)
- Temazepam (9 people, 13.24%)
- Ventolin (9 people, 13.24%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of vesicare and hair loss on
Do you have Hair Loss while taking Vesicare?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Vesicare and have Hair Loss
- support group for people who take Vesicare
- support group for people who have Hair Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Hydralazine Hydrochloride for a 56-year old man with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of side effects of Amlodipine Besylate for a 66-year old woman with Hypertension. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of side effects of Vesicare for a 36-year old woman with Overactive Bladder. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Diazepam for a 32-year old woman with Stress And Anxiety. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Centrum, Biotin, Lexapro, Vitamin D, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Losartan for a 65-year old woman with Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Hair Growth Abnormal, Anxiety Disorder, Vitamin D Decreased, Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has Hair Loss, Night Sweats
Recent Vesicare related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Vesicare, Oxytrol for a 65-year old woman who has Bladder Spasm
- Comparions of Toviaz, for a 59-year old woman who has Bladder Discomfort
- Comparions of Vesicare, Ampyra, Zocor, Tysabri, Baclofen for a 45-year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis Relapse
- Comparions of Gelnique, Vesicare, Detrol La, Myrbetriq for a 56-year old woman who has Bladder Spasm
- Comparions of Vesicare, Detrol LA for a 59-year old woman who has Incontinence
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.