Review: could Vesicare cause Weight gain (Weight increased)?
Summary: Weight gain is found among people who take Vesicare, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Atenolol, and have Obesity.
We study 7,288 people who have side effects while taking Vesicare from FDA and social media. Among them, 144 have Weight gain. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight gain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Vesicare and have Weight gain >>>
Vesicare has active ingredients of solifenacin succinate. It is often used in urge incontinence. (latest outcomes from 7,649 Vesicare users)
Weight Gain has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, pain, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 76,706 Weight Gain patients)
On Apr, 11, 2015: 7,288 people reported to have side effects when taking Vesicare. Among them, 144 people (1.98%) have Weight Gain.
Time on Vesicare when people have Weight gain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight gain||50.00%||31.82%||9.09%||4.55%||4.55%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Weight gain when taking Vesicare * :
|Weight gain||85.82%||14.18% |
Age of people who have Weight gain when taking Vesicare * :
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.79%||2.36%||46.46%||20.47%||29.92% |
Severity of Weight gain when taking Vesicare ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight gain||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Weight gain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Obesity (46 people, 31.94%)
- Bladder disorder (44 people, 30.56%)
- Cardiac disorder (33 people, 22.92%)
- Muscle spasms (30 people, 20.83%)
- Depression (29 people, 20.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Atenolol (58 people, 40.28%)
- Lisinopril (55 people, 38.19%)
- Aspirin (52 people, 36.11%)
- Nitrazepam (51 people, 35.42%)
- Spironolactone (51 people, 35.42%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of vesicare and weight gain on
Do you have Weight Gain while taking Vesicare?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Vesicare and have Weight Gain
- support group for people who take Vesicare
- support group for people who have Weight Gain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Simvastatin, Hydroxyzine, Effexor Xr for a 36-year old woman with Hypertension, High Blood Cholesterol, Insomnia, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Effexor for a 45-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Seroquel for a 40-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Vesicare for a 36-year old woman with Overactive Bladder. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Losartan Potassium And Hydrochlorothiazide, Amlodipine Besylate for a 51-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Loss Of Libido, Weight Gain, Supraventricular Tachycardia, Tired Eyes, Red Eyes, Dry Eyes, Glaucoma, Blurred Vision, Watery Eyes
Recent Vesicare related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Vesicare, Oxytrol for a 65-year old woman who has Bladder Spasm
- Comparions of Toviaz, for a 59-year old woman who has Bladder Discomfort
- Comparions of Vesicare, Ampyra, Zocor, Tysabri, Baclofen for a 45-year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis Relapse
- Comparions of Gelnique, Vesicare, Detrol La, Myrbetriq for a 56-year old woman who has Bladder Spasm
- Comparions of Vesicare, Detrol LA for a 59-year old woman who has Incontinence
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.