Review: could Vicodin cause Acute respiratory failure?
Summary: Acute respiratory failure is found among people who take Vicodin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Pain.
We study 32,582 people who have side effects while taking Vicodin from FDA and social media. Among them, 102 have Acute respiratory failure. Find out below who they are, when they have Acute respiratory failure and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Vicodin and have Acute respiratory failure >>>
Vicodin has active ingredients of acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 35,341 Vicodin users)
Acute respiratory failure
Acute respiratory failure has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, osteoporosis, multiple myeloma. (latest reports from 5,200 Acute respiratory failure patients)
On Apr, 8, 2015: 32,576 people reported to have side effects when taking Vicodin. Among them, 102 people (0.31%) have Acute Respiratory Failure.
Time on Vicodin when people have Acute respiratory failure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Acute respiratory failure||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Acute respiratory failure when taking Vicodin * :
|Acute respiratory failure||48.04%||51.96% |
Age of people who have Acute respiratory failure when taking Vicodin * :
|Acute respiratory failure||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||6.45%||7.53%||26.88%||59.14% |
Severity of Acute respiratory failure when taking Vicodin ** :
How people recovered from Acute respiratory failure ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (10 people, 9.80%)
- Hypertension (9 people, 8.82%)
- Pain in extremity (6 people, 5.88%)
- Prostate cancer metastatic (6 people, 5.88%)
- Osteoporosis (5 people, 4.90%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (34 people, 33.33%)
- Lasix (29 people, 28.43%)
- Albuterol (21 people, 20.59%)
- Digoxin (20 people, 19.61%)
- Zofran (20 people, 19.61%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Acute Respiratory Failure while taking Vicodin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Vicodin and have Acute Respiratory Failure
- support group for people who take Vicodin
- support group for people who have Acute Respiratory Failure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Zanaflex, Klonopin, Vicodin, Fentanyl-50, Sinemet Cr, Seroquel, Depakote Er for a 58-year old woman with Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, Parkinson's Disease, Psychosis. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Sweating Fever, Congestive Heart Failure, Hallucinations
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Clonazepam for a 62-year old woman with Pain - Back, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Low Back Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Zanaflex for a 43-year old woman with Pain, Muscle Spasms. The patient has Anxiety, Heart Rate Increased, Spider Fingers
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 20, Norco, Topamax for a 34-year old woman with ADD, Chronic Pain, Migraine. The patient has Ulcer - Stomach
- A study of side effects of Vicodin for a 37-year old man with Pain - Back. The patient has High Palpitations, Anxiety, Mood Swings, Anger, Yelling
Recent Vicodin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.