Review: could Vicodin cause Cardiac disorder?
Summary: Cardiac disorder is found among people who take Vicodin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Vioxx, and have Pain.
We study 32,582 people who have side effects while taking Vicodin from FDA and social media. Among them, 407 have Cardiac disorder. Find out below who they are, when they have Cardiac disorder and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Vicodin and have Cardiac disorder >>>
Vicodin has active ingredients of acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 35,340 Vicodin users)
Cardiac disorder has been reported by people with diabetes, osteoporosis, arthritis, high blood pressure, dialysis. (latest reports from 54,712 Cardiac disorder patients)
On Apr, 18, 2015: 32,582 people reported to have side effects when taking Vicodin. Among them, 407 people (1.25%) have Cardiac Disorder.
Time on Vicodin when people have Cardiac disorder * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Cardiac disorder||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Cardiac disorder when taking Vicodin * :
|Cardiac disorder||61.81%||38.19% |
Age of people who have Cardiac disorder when taking Vicodin * :
|Cardiac disorder||0.28%||0.00%||0.28%||2.80%||6.16%||16.25%||32.49%||41.74% |
Severity of Cardiac disorder when taking Vicodin ** :
How people recovered from Cardiac disorder ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (82 people, 20.15%)
- Hypertension (38 people, 9.34%)
- Arthritis (33 people, 8.11%)
- Depression (33 people, 8.11%)
- Diabetes mellitus (29 people, 7.13%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vioxx (130 people, 31.94%)
- Aspirin (74 people, 18.18%)
- Lasix (70 people, 17.20%)
- Lisinopril (61 people, 14.99%)
- Zometa (59 people, 14.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Vicodin and cardiac disorder on
Do you have Cardiac Disorder while taking Vicodin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Vicodin and have Cardiac Disorder
- support group for people who take Vicodin
- support group for people who have Cardiac Disorder
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a 60-year old woman with Cancer Pain. The patient has Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Gabapentin, Robaxin, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Seroquel, Topamax, Cymbalta, Xanax for a 28-year old woman with Degenerative Joint Disease, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Sciatica, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Insomnia, Borderline Personality Disorder, Depression Suicidal, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension. The patient has Nightmares
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin E, Simvastatin, Hydrochlorothiazide, Prilosec Otc, Cayenne, Multivitamin, Melatonin, Fish Oil, Calcium, Biotin, B Complex Vitamin, Tavist Allergy/sinus/headache, Actifed, Norco for a 50-year old woman with General Physical Condition, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Heartburn - Chronic, Edema, General Physical Health Deterioration, Difficulty Falling Asleep, Bone Strength And Calcium, Spoon Nails, Fatigue, Allergies, Chronic Pain. The patient has Enlarged Liver
- A study of drug interactions between Vicodin, Tramadol, Omeprazole, Losartan for a 59-year old man with Pain - Joints, Acid Reflux, Blood Pressure. The patient has Acid Reflux, Pain - Joints, Fatigue - Chronic
- A study of drug interactions between Zanaflex, Klonopin, Vicodin, Fentanyl-50, Sinemet Cr, Seroquel, Depakote Er for a 58-year old woman with Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, Parkinson's Disease, Psychosis. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Sweating Fever, Congestive Heart Failure, Hallucinations
Recent Vicodin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.