Review: could Vicodin cause Dry skin?
Summary: Dry skin is found among people who take Vicodin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Magnevist, and have Pain.
We study 32,582 people who have side effects while taking Vicodin from FDA and social media. Among them, 196 have Dry skin. Find out below who they are, when they have Dry skin and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Vicodin and have Dry skin >>>
Vicodin has active ingredients of acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 35,340 Vicodin users)
Dry skin has been reported by people with acne, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, hepatitis c, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 15,327 Dry skin patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 32,576 people reported to have side effects when taking Vicodin. Among them, 196 people (0.60%) have Dry Skin.
Time on Vicodin when people have Dry skin * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Dry skin||66.67%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Dry skin when taking Vicodin * :
|Dry skin||67.84%||32.16% |
Age of people who have Dry skin when taking Vicodin * :
|Dry skin||0.00%||0.00%||1.82%||2.42%||8.48%||20.61%||20.00%||46.67% |
Severity of Dry skin when taking Vicodin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Dry skin||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Dry skin ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Dry skin||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (23 people, 11.73%)
- Angiogram (20 people, 10.20%)
- Back pain (19 people, 9.69%)
- Nuclear magnetic resonance imaging brain (17 people, 8.67%)
- Anaemia (16 people, 8.16%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Magnevist (50 people, 25.51%)
- Prednisone (47 people, 23.98%)
- Aspirin (42 people, 21.43%)
- Omniscan (42 people, 21.43%)
- Protonix (42 people, 21.43%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of vicodin and dry skin on
Do you have Dry Skin while taking Vicodin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Vicodin and have Dry Skin
- support group for people who take Vicodin
- support group for people who have Dry Skin
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Amlodipine Besylate, Nexium for a 55-year old woman with Pain, High Blood Pressure, Acid Reflux. The patient has Increased Thirst, Dry Skin, Diarrhea, Skin Rash, Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Zanaflex, Klonopin, Vicodin, Fentanyl-50, Sinemet Cr, Seroquel, Depakote Er for a 58-year old woman with Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, Parkinson's Disease, Psychosis. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Sweating Fever, Congestive Heart Failure, Hallucinations
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Clonazepam for a 62-year old woman with Pain - Back, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Low Back Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Zanaflex for a 43-year old woman with Pain, Muscle Spasms. The patient has Anxiety, Heart Rate Increased, Spider Fingers
- A study of drug interactions between Restoril, Geodon, Brintellix, Ativan, Topamax, Lamictal for a 36-year old woman with Insomnia, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Anxiety. The patient has Macule, Dry Skin, Blisters, Hives, Itching - Burning Eyes, Itching
Recent Vicodin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.