Vicodin and Dysphagia - from FDA reports
Dysphagia is found among people who take Vicodin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Metastases to bone. This review analyzes which people have Dysphagia with Vicodin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 43,979 people who have side effects when taking Vicodin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
43,979 people reported to have side effects when taking Vicodin.
Among them, 870 people (1.98%) have Dysphagia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Vicodin when people have Dysphagia *:
- < 1 month: 28.57 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 14.29 %
- 1 - 2 years: 28.57 %
- 2 - 5 years: 14.29 %
- 5 - 10 years: 14.29 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Dysphagia when taking Vicodin *:
- female: 61.95 %
- male: 38.05 %
Age of people who have Dysphagia when taking Vicodin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.4 %
- 20-29: 1.87 %
- 30-39: 6.96 %
- 40-49: 19.41 %
- 50-59: 29.45 %
- 60+: 41.5 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Metastases To Bone (69 people, 7.93%)
- Depression (67 people, 7.70%)
- High Blood Pressure (57 people, 6.55%)
- Breast Cancer (55 people, 6.32%)
- Osteoporosis (50 people, 5.75%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (310 people, 35.63%)
- Aredia (237 people, 27.24%)
- Neurontin (202 people, 23.22%)
- Ambien (196 people, 22.53%)
- Lasix (195 people, 22.41%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (389 people, 44.71%)
- Nausea (348 people, 40.00%)
- Fatigue (347 people, 39.89%)
- Breathing Difficulty (314 people, 36.09%)
- Weakness (301 people, 34.60%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Dysphagia when taking Vicodin?
- Check symptoms - is dysphagia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDysphagia and drugs with ingredients of acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDysphagia and Vicodin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Vicodin has active ingredients of acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Vicodin 47,845 users)
Dysphagia (condition in which swallowing is difficult or painful) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, pain, depression (latest reports from 59,152 Dysphagia patients).
Browse all side effects of Vicodina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with DysphagiaDysphagia
Could your condition cause DysphagiaDysphagia
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have been taking 75mg of Aspirin since my heart attack on the 6th December 2016. I have had pain on swallowing for three months, I changed from dispersable to enteric coated a month ago, at first that was fine but now the pain has returned. The only other drug I am is Ticagrelor with ends in ...
User reviews to the study
I've had RA for a few years now but have just started experiencing problems with swallowing about 3 weeks ago. It has me a little scared. I actually just looked it up to see if it could be a symptom of RA because I wasn't sure. Now I'm curious as to how common this is and how bad it can get? I ...