Review: could Vicodin cause Gerd (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)?
We study 32,541 people who have side effects while taking Vicodin from FDA and social media. Among them, 51 have Gerd. Find out below who they are, when they have Gerd and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Vicodin and have Gerd >>>
Vicodin (latest outcomes from 35,303 users) has active ingredients of acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate. It is often used in pain.
Gerd (gastro-oesophageal reflux disease) (latest reports from 45,960 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 32,541 people reported to have side effects when taking Vicodin. Among them, 51 people (0.16%) have Gerd.
Time on Vicodin when people have Gerd * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Gerd when taking Vicodin * :
Age of people who have Gerd when taking Vicodin * :
Severity of Gerd when taking Vicodin ** :
How people recovered from Gerd ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (7 people, 13.73%)
- Premenstrual syndrome (5 people, 9.80%)
- Acne (5 people, 9.80%)
- Arthralgia (4 people, 7.84%)
- Arthritis (4 people, 7.84%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vioxx (17 people, 33.33%)
- Prilosec (14 people, 27.45%)
- Premarin (11 people, 21.57%)
- Aspirin (9 people, 17.65%)
- Flexeril (9 people, 17.65%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Gerd while taking Vicodin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Vicodin and have Gerd
- support group for people who take Vicodin
- support group for people who have Gerd
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Vicodin, Gerd
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Nexium improves my constipation
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- Palpitations when eating raw garlic
After symptoms of a cold, I've been drinking the famous "garlic honey lemon" mixture to try to get rid of the cold and it actually worked pretty well.
The first morning it didn't feel very nice to drink but I was ok.
From day 2, I started to feel heartburn and heart palpitations, with a sort of he ...
- Heavy sweating during sleep
Pain killers like Tylenol 3, vicodin 20 years, Valium and Soma 12 years. Sweat heavy during sleep.
More reviews for: Vicodin, Gerd
On eHealthMe, Vicodin (acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate) is often used for pain. Find out below the conditions Vicodin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Vicodin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Omeprazole, Cymbalta, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Leflunomide, Vitamin B12, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Folic Acid, Vitamin D, Methotrexate Preservative Free for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Heartburn - Chronic, Anxiety, Insomnia, Sapho Syndrome, Malabsorption. The patient has Sinus Headache, High Blood Cholesterol, Heartburn - Chronic, Diarrhea, Anxiety, Malabsorption, Lower Blood Pressure, Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue - Chronic, Erectile Dysfunction, Constipation
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Lorazepam, Wellbutrin, Ranitidine, Temazepam, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Adderall 20 for a patient with Chronic Pain, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Gerd, Insomnia - Psychophysiological (learned), Fatigue. The patient has Constipation Aggravated, Headache, Nausea, Gerd, Chronic Pain, Insomnia - Psychophysiological (learned), Fatigue, Depression, Anxiety Disorder
More related studies for: Vicodin, Gerd
Recent Vicodin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Vitamin E, Warfarin Sodium, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Gabapentin for a 66-year old man who has Neuropathy Peripheral
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Lyrica, Vicodin, Effexor, Ultram for a 52-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Gabapentin, Prednisone, Methotrexate for a 53-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
More related comparison studies for: Vicodin, Gerd
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Robinul and Dry Mouth
- Bipolar Disorder and Pineal Gland Cyst
- Breathlessness and Atrial Flutter
- Atrial Flutter
Recent user comments
- "I did call my doctors office about it and they deny k ... " (3 hours ago)
- "I have been experiencing some chest discomfort on and ... " (7 hours ago)
- "Anxiety-driven retching when forcd to perform/present ... " (7 hours ago)
- Encephalitis Toxic
- Neonatal Leukaemia
- Vulval Leukoplakia
- Stones Cystine
- Oestriol Increased