Home > Vicodin > Gout > Vicodin and Gout
Review: could Vicodin cause Gout?
Summary: Gout is found among people who take Vicodin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aredia, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 32,551 people who have side effects while taking Vicodin from FDA and social media. Among them, 108 have Gout. Find out below who they are, when they have Gout and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Vicodin and have Gout >>>
Vicodin (latest outcomes from 35,313 users) has active ingredients of acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate. It is often used in pain.
Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body) (latest reports from 12,602 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, pain, diabetes.
On Nov, 25, 2014: 32,551 people reported to have side effects when taking Vicodin. Among them, 108 people (0.33%) have Gout.
Time on Vicodin when people have Gout * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Gout when taking Vicodin * :
Age of people who have Gout when taking Vicodin * :
Severity of Gout when taking Vicodin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Gout ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (20 people, 18.52%)
- Bone disorder (12 people, 11.11%)
- Hypertension (12 people, 11.11%)
- Prostate cancer (11 people, 10.19%)
- Pain (10 people, 9.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aredia (46 people, 42.59%)
- Allopurinol (42 people, 38.89%)
- Lasix (41 people, 37.96%)
- Zometa (40 people, 37.04%)
- Aspirin (39 people, 36.11%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Gout while taking Vicodin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Vicodin and have Gout
- support group for people who take Vicodin
- support group for people who have Gout
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can you take norco while taking garcinia cambogia?
(Asked by a 23 year old woman who takes Garcinia Cambogia, Norco)
Is it ok to take garcinia cambogia while taking norco?
- What could be causing eye pain and headacne and bright glaring light on the right side only?
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Occular Migraine, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Lunesta, Trental, Fosinopril Sodium, Ativan, Celexa, Simvastatin, Neurontin, Lortab, Combivent Respimat)
Senitive to light, can't spend long on computer or cell phone. Diagnosed with anklylosing spondylosis
- Can i connect by email with other patients that have hypoglycemia and stevens-johnson syndrome?
(Asked by a 52 year old woman who has Shingles Virus, Back Injury, MRSA Infection, Stevens Johnson Syndrome, Hypoglycemia, and takes Alcohol, Baclofen, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen)
I have had hypoglycemia since childhood, and I have managed it easily until just this weekend. I got S-J two years ago from Bactrim. As I have healed from S-J very slowly and painfully, I was exercising hard, and working hard and slipped a little on not eating enough protein. I started dropping into ...
- Can my symptoms actually pinpoint a cause/condition?
(Asked by a 27 year old woman who has Vulvovaginal Dryness During Intercourse, Acne Cystic, Bilateral Stenosis, Irregularity Of Bowels, Muscle Tightness, Menstrual Periods - Heavy, Prolonged, Or Irregular, Menstruation - Painful, Painful Sexual Intercourse, Pelvic Discomfort, Chest Pain, Abdominal Bloating, Deep Knee Pain, Extreme Thigh Pain, Sometimes Bulging, Flattened/deflated & Bulging Discs, Chronic Pain, Hirsutism, and takes Soma, Norco)
I would just like insight on this. I'm on pain management right now, but it's just to manage the pain. Every thing else has really been not taken serious by any physican it office I've been to. Is this normal stuff many woman go through? I'm just sick of feeling like this between the constant pain & ...
- Does anyone else (besides me) get 'good energy' from taking acetaminophen 325mg ?
(Asked by a 64 year old man who has Energy Increased, and takes Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen)
30 minutes after taking one 10mg Vicodin (Hydrocodone)and 325 mg Acetaminophen I get a gradual increase of energy which lasts up to 2 hours. I like this effect because I have COPD and degenerative disk disease and the energy allows me to get more accomplished on my daily 'to-do' list than if I hadn' ...
More questions for: Vicodin, Gout
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lipitor caused gout attack.
(Posted by a 68 year old man who has Gout, High Collestoral, and takes Lipitor)
My doctor gave me Lipitor to lower my Collestoral (240). Three days later I had lower stomach pains and the beginning of a Gout attack on my foot. I stopped taking the drug after 4 days when the full blown Gout attack came. I had been watching my diet and had not had a Gout attack for two years ( ...
- Heavy sweating during sleep
(Posted by a 62 year old man who has Stent 3 Years Ago RCA, Heart Attack, Prostate Infection, Fractures Nonunion, Tachycardia, Low Blood Pressure, Sweating - Excessive, and takes Saw Palmetto Berry, Valium, Norco, Soma)
Pain killers like Tylenol 3, vicodin 20 years, Valium and Soma 12 years. Sweat heavy during sleep.
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes Vicodin, Vitamin D, Depakote, Keppra)
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term ...
- Prednisone mixed results-it lets me breath
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Steroid Dependent Asthmatic, and takes Proair Hfa, Albuterol Sulfate, Norco, Omeprazole, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Zolpidem Tartrate, Prednisone)
have been on prednisone now for 3 years straight. Am taking 30mg a day just to breath. every time i have tried to taper off i have ended up in the emergency room unable to breath. That has been 7 times in the last year. I am 49 years old and was in good health 3-4 years ago. got a cough and it has b ...
- Ear pain from allopurinol 100mg
(Posted by a 46 year old man who has Gout, and takes Allopurinol)
I have just been prescribed 100mg Allopurinol.
1 a day.
I am in my second day of taking these tablets.
I have begun to get get a sudden pain in my ear.
I have never in all my years have ever had such a pain.
I know the only change that has happened around me is taking these tablets.
I have sto ...
More reviews for: Vicodin, Gout
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin Xl, Norco, Simvastatin, Tricor, Lisinopril, Metformin, Gabapentin, Phentermine, Topiramate for a patient with Acid Reflux, Depression, Pain, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent, Inflammatory Pain, Weight Loss. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: I had some hair thinning over the past 10+ years and was told it was due to HBP and medications. Since taking phentermine and topiramate for weight loss along with the other meds hair loss has tripled at a radical rate. I stopped taking topiramate about a month ago and still the hair keeps falling ...
- A study of drug interactions between Methadone Hydrochloride, Lortab, Norco, Vicodin, Hydrocortone for a patient with Could Not Get Any More Hydrocodone/lortab/vicodin/norco, To Get High/recreational, Pain/to Get High/recreational. The patient has Lack Of Feeling, Aggression Aggravated, Personality Change
Comments: After years of abusing the drugs listed for 20+ years and being on life support for 4 day my husband has emerged forever changed in my eyes. He is a rambler of words, Bipolar, never sleeps, uses adderal for his sleep disorder that does no good because he refuses to sleep and uses excuses of being ab ...
- A study of drug interactions between Neurontin, Norco, Baclofen for a patient with Nerve Injury, Pain - Back. The patient has Inability To Speak, Tongue Spasm
Comments: Start to feel light headed, pressure in head. My tongue began to spasm. Moving backward and forward and side to side. Would last about 45 sec. And stop. During this time was unable to speak. This happened 7 times within a 20 min period. After each episode would have a few minutes of calm before it w ...
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Levoxyl, Alprazolam, Celexa, Abilify for a patient with Chronic Pain, Adult Hypothyroidism, Stress And Anxiety, Depression, Major Depression With Psychotic Features. The patient has Obsessive Thoughts, Compulsive Hair Pulling, Weight Gain, Compulsive Shopping
Comments: I take 20 milligrams of Abilify with 20 mg. of celexa at night with Alprazolam throughout the day and at night to help me sleep. Since taking abilify over the past 10 years I have gained weight that I can't lose, I am always buying lottery tickets, and want to go to gamble obsessively. I also have c ...
- A study of side effects of Norco for a patient with Brain Surgery. The patient has Joint Pain
Comments: I had surgery 5 weeks ago. Was on Norco before surgery and then after surgery. After surgery I developed terrible joint pain in fingers, knees, and terrible pain in bottom of feet. Difficult to walk
More related studies for: Vicodin, Gout
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.