Review: could Vicodin cause High cholesterol (High Blood Cholesterol)?
We study 32,541 people who have side effects while taking Vicodin from FDA and social media. Among them, 789 have High cholesterol. Find out below who they are, when they have High cholesterol and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Vicodin and have High cholesterol >>>
Vicodin (latest outcomes from 35,303 users) has active ingredients of acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate. It is often used in pain.
High cholesterol (latest reports from 454,617 patients) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, osteopenia.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 32,541 people reported to have side effects when taking Vicodin. Among them, 789 people (2.42%) have High Cholesterol.
Time on Vicodin when people have High cholesterol * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High cholesterol||7.59%||36.71%||26.58%||5.06%||18.99%||5.06%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have High cholesterol when taking Vicodin * :
|High cholesterol||53.67%||46.33% |
Age of people who have High cholesterol when taking Vicodin * :
|High cholesterol||0.00%||0.00%||0.24%||1.47%||8.30%||26.13%||31.14%||32.72% |
Severity of High cholesterol when taking Vicodin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High cholesterol||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
How people recovered from High cholesterol ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|High cholesterol||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (149 people, 18.88%)
- Back pain (116 people, 14.70%)
- Depression (79 people, 10.01%)
- Hypertension (74 people, 9.38%)
- Arthritis (48 people, 6.08%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vioxx (342 people, 43.35%)
- Lipitor (226 people, 28.64%)
- Aspirin (210 people, 26.62%)
- Zometa (192 people, 24.33%)
- Xanax (156 people, 19.77%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
Rebecca (2 years ago):
I am 27, female I have been on vicodin for about 5 years, I have never had high cholesterol, I was tested in November was fine Now all of a sudden all mt ldl cholesterol and trigs are extreamly high.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have High Cholesterol while taking Vicodin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Vicodin and have High Cholesterol
- support group for people who take Vicodin
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Vicodin, High cholesterol
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Heavy sweating during sleep
Pain killers like Tylenol 3, vicodin 20 years, Valium and Soma 12 years. Sweat heavy during sleep.
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term ...
- Prednisone mixed results-it lets me breath
have been on prednisone now for 3 years straight. Am taking 30mg a day just to breath. every time i have tried to taper off i have ended up in the emergency room unable to breath. That has been 7 times in the last year. I am 49 years old and was in good health 3-4 years ago. got a cough and it has b ...
More reviews for: Vicodin, High cholesterol
On eHealthMe, Vicodin (acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate) is often used for pain. Find out below the conditions Vicodin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Vicodin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Omeprazole, Cymbalta, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Leflunomide, Vitamin B12, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Folic Acid, Vitamin D, Methotrexate Preservative Free for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Heartburn - Chronic, Anxiety, Insomnia, Sapho Syndrome, Malabsorption. The patient has Sinus Headache, High Blood Cholesterol, Heartburn - Chronic, Diarrhea, Anxiety, Malabsorption, Lower Blood Pressure, Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue - Chronic, Erectile Dysfunction, Constipation
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Lovastatin, Alprazolam, Baclofen, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a patient with Blood Pressure Increased, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Pain - Back. The patient has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Blood Pressure Increased, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Arthritis, Pain - Back
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil, Multivitamin, Calcium Carbonate, CoQ10, Aspirin, Claritin, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Simvastatin, Wellbutrin Xl, Sertraline, Methadone Hydrochloride, Morphine Sulfate for a patient with Heart Injury, Vitamin B Complex Deficiency, Bone Density Increased, Seasonal Allergy, Breakthrough Pain, High Blood Cholesterol, Depression, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, Chronic Pain. The patient has High Blood Cholesterol, Seasonal Allergy, Depression, Heart Injury, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
More related studies for: Vicodin, High cholesterol
Recent Vicodin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Vitamin E, Warfarin Sodium, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Gabapentin for a 66-year old man who has Neuropathy Peripheral
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Lyrica, Vicodin, Effexor, Ultram for a 52-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Gabapentin, Prednisone, Methotrexate for a 53-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
More related comparison studies for: Vicodin, High cholesterol
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Bipolar Disorder and Pineal Gland Cyst
- Breathlessness and Atrial Flutter
- Atrial Flutter
Recent user comments
- "I did call my doctors office about it and they deny k ... " (3 hours ago)
- "I have been experiencing some chest discomfort on and ... " (7 hours ago)
- "Anxiety-driven retching when forcd to perform/present ... " (7 hours ago)
- Lack Of Strength Muscle Weakness Weakness
- Corneal Endothelial Cell Loss
- Dwarf Pine
- Early Satiety