Review: could Vicodin cause Infertility?
Summary: Infertility is found among people who take Vicodin, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, also take medication Naproxen, and have Depression.
We study 32,582 people who have side effects while taking Vicodin from FDA and social media. Among them, 10 have Infertility. Find out below who they are, when they have Infertility and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Vicodin and have Infertility >>>
Vicodin has active ingredients of acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 35,341 Vicodin users)
Infertility has been reported by people with birth control, acne, rheumatoid arthritis, epilepsy, wegener's granulomatosis. (latest reports from 1,664 Infertility patients)
On Apr, 16, 2015: 32,582 people reported to have side effects when taking Vicodin. Among them, 10 people (0.03%) have Infertility.
Time on Vicodin when people have Infertility * :
Gender of people who have Infertility when taking Vicodin * :
Age of people who have Infertility when taking Vicodin * :
Severity of Infertility when taking Vicodin ** :
How people recovered from Infertility ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (2 people, 20.00%)
- Angiogram (1 people, 10.00%)
- Pain (1 people, 10.00%)
- Asthma (1 people, 10.00%)
- Crohn's disease (1 people, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Naproxen (8 people, 80.00%)
- Dilaudid (7 people, 70.00%)
- Allegra (6 people, 60.00%)
- Zithromax (6 people, 60.00%)
- Amoxicillin (6 people, 60.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
Kristen (3 years ago):
I have a question! I have been on Hydrocodone for many years and i have been having problems having a baby now and i saw that Hydrocodone-Vicodin can cause infertility in women so i was wondering if it's causing my problem and will i still be able to conceive? also i am a 28 year old female
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Infertility while taking Vicodin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Vicodin and have Infertility
- support group for people who take Vicodin
- support group for people who have Infertility
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Clonazepam for a 62-year old woman with Pain - Back, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Low Back Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Zanaflex for a 43-year old woman with Pain, Muscle Spasms. The patient has Anxiety, Heart Rate Increased, Spider Fingers
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 20, Norco, Topamax for a 34-year old woman with ADD, Chronic Pain, Migraine. The patient has Ulcer - Stomach
- A study of side effects of Vicodin for a 37-year old man with Pain - Back. The patient has High Palpitations, Anxiety, Mood Swings, Anger, Yelling
- A study of side effects of Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a 81-year old woman with Pain Relief. The patient has Hypertension
Recent Vicodin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.