Review: could Vicodin cause Noises or buzzing in the ears?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 6, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.3/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 32,346 people who take Vicodin. Among them, 242 have Noises or buzzing in the ears. See who they are, when they have Noises or buzzing in the ears and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Vicodin (latest outcomes from 35,229 users) has active ingredients of acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate. It is often used in pain, pain relief by acupuncture. Commonly reported side effects of Vicodin include pain, pain exacerbated, nausea aggravated, nausea, stress and anxiety.
Noises or buzzing in the ears
Noises or buzzing in the ears (a ringing in the ears) (latest reports from 110,205 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, stress and anxiety.
On Feb, 25, 2014: 31,215 people reported to have side effects when taking Vicodin. Among them, 233 people (0.75%) have Noises Or Buzzing In The Ears.
Time on Vicodin when people have Noises or buzzing in the ears * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Noises or buzzing in the ears||16.67%||50.00%||0.00%||16.67%||0.00%||0.00%||16.67% |
Gender of people who have Noises or buzzing in the ears when taking Vicodin * :
|Noises or buzzing in the ears||55.27%||44.73% |
Age of people who have Noises or buzzing in the ears when taking Vicodin * :
|Noises or buzzing in the ears||0.00%||0.00%||0.49%||0.49%||12.25%||33.82%||19.61%||33.33% |
Severity of Noises or buzzing in the ears when taking Vicodin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Noises or buzzing in the ears||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Noises or buzzing in the ears ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Noises or buzzing in the ears||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (24 people, 10.30%)
- Back pain (18 people, 7.73%)
- Depression (15 people, 6.44%)
- Constipation (11 people, 4.72%)
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (11 people, 4.72%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ambien (45 people, 19.31%)
- Aspirin (43 people, 18.45%)
- Fosamax (41 people, 17.60%)
- Zometa (41 people, 17.60%)
- Paxil (38 people, 16.31%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Vicodin, Noises or buzzing in the ears
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Vicodin (acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate) is often used for pain. Find out below the conditions Vicodin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Vicodin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Vicodin side effects from A to Z:
Browse Vicodin drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 weeks ago):
I am on Remicade once a month since July 22nd of 2013. Had a great response until I hurt my low back again. Then the back pain just worked it's way right up my spine to the neck. I have had neck fusion one level...several bad discs. A knee replacement, a shoulder reconstruction etc. The numbness and tingling in my left hand and buzzing in my left ear are driving me nuts. A recent hearing exam showed I had nerve problems there as well. Don't know what to think. Had a brain MRI it showed normal. Now thinking a spinal tap in order?
From this study (5 months ago):
Was in 2 car accidents in Feb., 2012. Mechanic left part off car both times! I have multiple spine injuries but the cord irritation caused shingles to come out on my face. I cant have thoracic surgery till shingles is no longer active. I have numerous new symptoms like high cholesterol and skin fungal infection and distended stomach and autonomic dysreflexia. I have hard time initiating a urine stream and cant push very well to hav a bowel movement.
From this study (1 year ago):
Have taken the tizanidine before with the norco without the above listed adverse conditions. This is the first time I am taking all 3 drugs at the same time.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Vicodin, Noises or buzzing in the ears
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Ringing in ear after kenalog injection
After receiving a Kenalog injection, my son's left ear started a low pitch ringing after three days from the injection. Also his lower lip has quivered several times as well. This condition has lasted for nine days and I am looking for other patients who have had a similar reaction from a Kenalog i ...
- Rocephin and levaquin drug interactions
I went to ER of local hospital because I was feeling puny, low energy for a while. I was on no meds, physical active all my life, yoga practiser, no crippling. I am late deafened, can speak clearly. This is a true case of attempted murder. I refused to admit myself after waiting 8 hours - I was refu ...
- Yes, lexapro does cause tinnitus!
Whenever I forget to take my Lexapro in the morning, I get a high pitched ringing in my ears which starts around 1:00 pm, which won't go away until a few hours after I take the drug. Once I was out of the medication and I almost screamed because the ringing got so bad! I don't think it is as "rare" ...
More reviews for: Vicodin, Noises or buzzing in the ears
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Succinate, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Neurontin, Topamax, Remicade for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Pain, Nerve Pain, Migraine, Psoriatic Arthritis. The patient has Shingles (Herpes zoster), Pain - Neck (Neck pain), Low Back Pain (Back pain - low), Muscle Pain (Muscle aches), Nerve Pain (Neuralgia), Pain - Joints (Joint pain), Loss For Words, Short-term Memory Loss (Memory loss), Loss Of Hearing (Hearing loss), Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness (Weakness), Sensation Of Heaviness, Dizziness, Tingling In Knees, Fumbling, Noises Or Buzzing In The Ears (Tinnitus), Numbness In Hands Or Feet
- A study of drug interactions between Prozac, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Aleve-d Sinus & Cold, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Morphine, Gabapentin for a patient with Stress And Anxiety, Depression Suicidal, Headache, Pain Management, Shingles. The patient has Eyelid Drooping, Tinnitus, Swallowing Difficulty, Barium Swallow Abnormal, Ldl/hdl Ratio Increased (High Blood Cholesterol), Autonomic Dysreflexia, Fungal Skin Infection, Distended Abdomen (Abdomen - swollen), Thoracic Root Pain, Nerve Root Injury Cervical, Nerve Root Injury Lumbar, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Skin Disorder, Pain - Rib Cage (Rib cage pain), Shoulder Pain, Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Norco, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a patient with Chronic Pain, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition. The patient has Dizziness, Tunnel Vision, Tinnitus
More related studies for: Vicodin, Noises or buzzing in the ears
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.