Vicodin and Pneumonia - from FDA reports
Pneumonia is found among people who take Vicodin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Pneumonia with Vicodin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 43,979 people who have side effects when taking Vicodin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 23, 2017
43,979 people reported to have side effects when taking Vicodin.
Among them, 1,976 people (4.49%) have Pneumonia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Vicodin when people have Pneumonia *:
- < 1 month: 43.9 %
- 1 - 6 months: 19.51 %
- 6 - 12 months: 7.32 %
- 1 - 2 years: 4.88 %
- 2 - 5 years: 17.07 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 7.32 %
Gender of people who have Pneumonia when taking Vicodin *:
- female: 57.08 %
- male: 42.92 %
Age of people who have Pneumonia when taking Vicodin *:
- 0-1: 0.12 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.43 %
- 20-29: 2.7 %
- 30-39: 4.17 %
- 40-49: 12.03 %
- 50-59: 29.04 %
- 60+: 51.32 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (231 people, 11.69%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (165 people, 8.35%)
- Depression (146 people, 7.39%)
- High Blood Pressure (123 people, 6.22%)
- Osteoporosis (115 people, 5.82%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (432 people, 21.86%)
- Prednisone (403 people, 20.39%)
- Lasix (383 people, 19.38%)
- Neurontin (359 people, 18.17%)
- Prilosec (315 people, 15.94%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty (490 people, 24.80%)
- Stress And Anxiety (459 people, 23.23%)
- Fatigue (416 people, 21.05%)
- Anaemia (394 people, 19.94%)
- Weakness (389 people, 19.69%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Pneumonia when taking Vicodin?
- Check symptoms - is pneumonia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsPneumonia and drugs with ingredients of acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMePneumonia and Vicodin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Vicodin has active ingredients of acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Vicodin 47,845 users)
Pneumonia has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple myeloma, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis (latest reports from 194,441 Pneumonia patients).
Browse all side effects of Vicodina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with PneumoniaPneumonia
Could your condition cause PneumoniaPneumonia
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Im a 35 year old male. I've been prescribed suboxone and in an outpatient drug treatment program for two plus years. I've never had Pneumonia in my life up until two years ago. My first experience with Pneumonia almost killed me. I ended up having surgery and hospitalized for about a month. Then ...
Hello, i,ve been diagnosed with chronic eosinophilic pneumonia since 2012 and i was only 16 years old then. I have most of the time been on and off on steroids (prednisolone) and my body is now so addicted to them, that if i quit, i just get all the symptoms back and have a relaps. I was ...
User reviews to the study
Hi I've been on stelara for a year and 1 month. I just received my xray results and turns out I have pneumonia. I'm just wondering if anyone could tell me how much risk I have from dealing with pneumonia on stelara. I've been wheezing on and off for over month. But 2 days ago I was not just ...
I have been taking glaucoma medicines with side effects that include wheezing, shortness of breath drowsiness, lethargy, Blepharitis. I have all of them and am considered a "one percenter" because supposedly only 1 to 4 people out of 100 are affected. Around the beginning of April of this year ...